broccoli and procchuitto calzone
    proccuitto and cheese calzone
    chocolate thin wafers and mint dip
    various fruits and vanilla dip
    veggies and dip
    Spinach quiche
    bacon quiche
    baked ham and pineapple
    salad greens with frizzled proccuitto, almonds, dried cranberries with balsamic/maple vinegrette
    mandarin green salad
    tomato with fresh mozorella, various herbs and balsamic vinegar
    Swedish meatballs and buttered egg noodles
    lasagna
    rolls and butter
    cookies (pepparkaka, lace, chocolate treasures, lemon, jumbles with and without hazelnuts, peanut butter, sugar cookies)
    chocolate covered apricots

Mr was gone. First time I did it all by myself. No wonder I am exhausted!
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Wow, I think you earned your chocolate milk this week.

Would you mind sharing the calzone recipe?
    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Allez Cuisine!

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post

Would you mind sharing the calzone recipe?
      COuldn't be simpler- a real cheater recipe

Broccoli Calzone

Oven at 400

2 Pillsbury Crescent roll can (I use the sheets of dough I get from BJs but if you can't find that pinch together the perforations)

1 box chopped broccoli defrosted, squeezed dry, microwave for a few minutes.

1/3 block of low fat cream cheese or more if you like
      3 Tbsp sour cream
      dash of worchestershire sauce
      few shakes of garlic powder (prob 1/ tsp)

Mix the broccoli in with the last 4 ingredients (can hold this mix in fridge if making another day)

put the dough on the cookie sheet the long sides facing you. Cut about 2 inches in toward the center approx 1 inch apart all along one side (I use scissors), spin and cut corresponding cuts on other side. You end up with the center whole and cut strips on either side.

put broccoli mix into center split evenily between the 2 sheets. Start at the end, break off the first strip on either side and fold the resulting little piece from the middle up over the filling. Fold the strips over the top of the filling alternating a strip from either side. I usually twist the strip once before flipping it over the top. Press each strip down gently to stick to the strips to each other. When you get to the other end rip the las strips off, fold the end up over the filling and tuck under the strips.

Bake ~17-20 minutes can cover the first 7-8 minutes.

Writing this is way harder than making it. Directions writing reminds me of technical writing class.

can sub spinach for broccoli. This filling is also awesome as the 'stuffing' in stuffed mushrooms.
      Last edited by leswp1; 12-19-2011, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Made Pizza using Cauliflower for the dough today. I split a fresh head of Cauliflower in half, cut it into chunks into my food processor. Ran it until it was grainy in texture, added 3 eggs, over a cup of grated swiss cheese(its what I had), 1/4 cup of fresh grated Parmesan, some oregano, basil, salt pepper, spread on to parchment paper, baked it at 450 for about 15 minutes. Took it out, put on homemade sauce, cheddar cheese and homemade pepperoni, back into the oven for few minutes, it was pretty freakin good. Haven't had any grain of any kind for over 2 months. Its hard to do
        That sounds awesome. I love to sub non-starch veggies for starches. I'd maybe try and ditch a little of the cheese (healthier).
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          That sounds awesome. I love to sub non-starch veggies for starches. I'd maybe try and ditch a little of the cheese (healthier).
          I just had the last piece and it was better after it sat for a day or 2. I'll definitely make it again.
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Why on earth would you give up grains? Celliac?
            Not celiac but other gut issues. Not really eating any starches or sugar either. Sorry for being off topic

To get back on topic, I've been making breads, cookies, pie crusts out of Almond flour or coconut flour. Coconut flour is hard to work with as its so dry. My best so for with coconut flour is pancakes. Almond flour is tasty, I make bread out of it that tastes great and is really filling. Pie crusts are tricky as the Almond flour turns really dark in a crust, pecan pie made with honey turned out well though as did Pumpkin pie.Cookies with Almond flour are as good any made
            Last edited by walrus; 12-19-2011, 12:33 PM.

Comment

1.5 cups puréed cooked carrots... What would that translate to in terms of raw carrots?
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                1.5 cups puréed cooked carrots... What would that translate to in terms of raw carrots?
                I'd guess about one and a half cups.
                Originally posted by dicaslover
                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Hey, lewis... What do you serve with the onion dip? I'm thinking about making some for Christmas Eve.
                  I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                    Hey, lewis... What do you serve with the onion dip? I'm thinking about making some for Christmas Eve.
                    http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post5301407
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I used garlic pita chips - tasty.

Comment

Homemade pita chips. Split the pita bread. Spray the inside (rough) part with cooking spray. Cut into bite size pieces. Bake on cookie sheet for 6 minutes or until slightly crisped at edges (Oven 375)

Alternately I use the oil that I roasted garlic in and brush that on. YUM!!!

Comment

I generally buy spices at Sams in those big plastic containers, was looking at Garlic powder the other day, product of China Screw that I'm not eating crap from China, knowingly anyway. Got some garlic from a local farm, sliced it thin, stuck it in the dehydrator over night, ground it in the coffee grinder and wow, what a difference in smell and taste. The fumes from the dehydrator when it first started made the whole house smell like an Italian restaurant.

Comment

I generally buy spices at Sams in those big plastic containers, was looking at Garlic powder the other day, product of China Screw that I'm not eating crap from China, knowingly anyway. Got some garlic from a local farm, sliced it thin, stuck it in the dehydrator over night, ground it in the coffee grinder and wow, what a difference in smell and taste. The fumes from the dehydrator when it first started made the whole house smell like an Italian restaurant.
                            And you'll have some funky tasting coffee for a couple batches.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              And you'll have some funky tasting coffee for a couple batches.
                              Don't drink coffee at home so....I guess I should call it a spice grinder now, used to be a coffee grinder

Comment

Well, considering 80% of the world's supply of garlic comes from China...
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X