X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PrezdeJohnson09
    replied
    Re: 2010 Little League World Series

Tough break giving up that 2-run homer heading to the bottom of the sixth now and Japan leads 4-1.

The Japanese batter was literally on top of the plate giving the Hawaii pitcher no place to throw. He tried going outside but even though the ball was in the other batter's box...the Japanese player had a normal swing going the opposite way and hit it out.

Tough one to take. He probably should have tried going off speed on that pitch or atleast inside to get the kid off the plate.

Going to be tough to get three on Japan in one inning. Hawaii had their chance in the bottom of the 4th with runners on 2nd and 3rd and no outs and couldn't push across the tying run.

Leave a comment:

• PrezdeJohnson09
    replied

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    I didn't figure Hawaii would beat Texas, let alone like this. Man, they're drilling Texas.
    If Hawaii keeps this run up for one more game that will go down as one of the most impressive stories ever at the LLWS.

They have a good shot. They can pitch, hit, and play defense well, just like Japan.

Leave a comment:

• Hammer
    replied

I didn't figure Hawaii would beat Texas, let alone like this. Man, they're drilling Texas.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Taiwan loses to Japan 3-2 in 7 innings. If there was an international team to knock off Taiwan, it was gonna be Japan, but I thought Taiwan would be too tough even for them.

Hawaii vs Texas next for the US title.
    Before any of this-I had Taiwan vs. Georgia for certain as the final. These kids never cease to amaze me. Japan deserved to win with a great effort. Tomorrow whatever American team wins out-will have their hands full with Japan.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied

Taiwan loses to Japan 3-2 in 7 innings. If there was an international team to knock off Taiwan, it was gonna be Japan, but I thought Taiwan would be too tough even for them.

Hawaii vs Texas next for the US title.

Leave a comment:

• PrezdeJohnson09
    replied

Hawaii has really become a LL baseball powerhouse over the past five years. This team is fun to watch and I can see them beating Texas. I still think Texas is the strongest US team but Texas doesn't have a good history lately making it into the world finals.

Regardless of who takes the US crown, I like our chances against the Chinese Taipei/Japan winner.

With that being said...I'll take Texas and Japan to meet tomorrow for all the marbles.

Leave a comment:

• Twitch Boy
    replied

******** width="480" height="385">******* name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/anwy2MPT5RE?fs=1&hl=en_US">******* name="allowFullScreen" value="true">******* name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">******* src="http://www.youtube.com/v/anwy2MPT5RE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Leave a comment:

• FanscapeIrene
    replied

Congrats to Pearland, TX and Waipi'o, HI! Since everyone here is a Little League supporter, I thought I'd let you guys know that Hilton Worldwide is the official hotel partner of Little League Baseball and Softball. Now, Little League families, friends, coaches, fans and supporters can receive a 15% discount on stays when booking at any of Hilton Worldwide's brands. Just book through here: HHonors.com/LittleLeague. I'm working with Hilton on this offer, so let me know if you have any questions.

Now back to the game - who do you think will win the World Series?

Leave a comment:

• PrezdeJohnson09
    replied

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Really starting to look like Texas/Georgia and of course Taiwan/Japan. Not much doubt these are the 4 best teams there.
    And of course Texas goes and blows it by making a couple very costly mistakes in the field as well as their coach not challenging a play that would have kept it a one-run game rather than allowing Washington to take a 3-run lead.

Kudos to Washington for keeping the fight after Texas punched them in them in the mouth with three runs off Hatch and seemingly putting it away.

Interesting match-up set for tomorrow. Will Texas have to go to their ace? Washington lost Hatch but they still have the guy that started the game and struck out three in the first inning.

I still think Texas is the overall better team, they just had a couple of really costly mistakes that led to five or six Washington runs. Hatch really took over though after the home run from Beau Orlando.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    I reiterate...those Orlando boys can play!

Isiaih Hatch was thought to be unhittable for the most part, Texas is making out alright

I like this Texas team a lot. Texas and Georgia would make one heck of a US final.
    Really starting to look like Texas/Georgia and of course Taiwan/Japan. Not much doubt these are the 4 best teams there.

Leave a comment:

• PrezdeJohnson09
    replied

I reiterate...those Orlando boys can play!

Isiaih Hatch was thought to be unhittable for the most part, Texas is making out alright

I like this Texas team a lot. Texas and Georgia would make one heck of a US final.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Well to no surprise, we've got Taiwan vs Japan in the International final.

I've got my money on Japan. I think Taiwan's pool was weak.
    That may be, but Taiwan might be the best team at the LLWS in awhile. They didn't give up a run through the Asian Regional and those teams certainly weren't weak.

Leave a comment:

• PrezdeJohnson09
    replied

Well to no surprise, we've got Taiwan vs Japan in the International final.

I've got my money on Japan. I think Taiwan's pool was weak.

Texas up 1-0 early on Washington thanks to some VERY aggressive baserunning by a special pinch runner.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    The Panama kid will still have to pitch a complete game for them to win. Then they come back tomorrow and Taiwan smokes them.
    True. Taiwan may beat them anyway, 1-1 top of third with men on second and third.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    I guess there is a flaw in Taiwan. They cannot hit heat.
    The Panama kid will still have to pitch a complete game for them to win. Then they come back tomorrow and Taiwan smokes them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X