Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Little League World Series

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Well, it may be a little biased, but it appears Uganda was screwed out of the championship game.

*insert joke about how many Poles it takes to run a tournament*

Uganda Little League Baseball

Edit: And I just found this on the Kuwait baseball page. The Ugandan Story.

Will any of this ever be mentioned by ESPN? Of course not, because Little League is about fun! And how the umpires are volunteers and even when wrong shouldn't be put in bad light! (thanks for the fifty mentions of that today).

It also appears the Saudi team is a bunch of snobs, that coming from both Kuwait and Uganda's stories.
    Ya know, this isn't the first instance of anything like this happening in Little League so I'm not surprised at all. Yet it always gets glossed over...
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Is it over yet?

I'm probably in the minority, but I don't really think these games should be on TV. In any event, I'll probably tune in for the final.

Comment

Mexico vs Germany in the Pool C elimination game at noon. It would be a huge upset if Mexico doesn't win this one.

Panama vs Saudi Arabia at 3 in the other international elimination game. After reading the Uganda story, I know who I'll be rooting for.

There's also a Pool C winner's bracket game between Japan and Puerto Rico at 6.

The US games today are a Pool A elimination game between NJ and Hawaii at 2 on ABC, and the winner's bracket game in Pool A between Connecticut and Texas.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Is it over yet?

I'm probably in the minority, but I don't really think these games should be on TV. In any event, I'll probably tune in for the final.
          For me the LLWS was quaint when the title game was on ABC. When ESPN started to televise most of the tournament games it was overkill and the LLWS jumped the shark once ESPN started televising US regional games.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
          Twenty red lights in his honor
          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
            For me the LLWS was quaint when the title game was on ABC. When ESPN started to televise most of the tournament games it was overkill and the LLWS jumped the shark once ESPN started televising US regional games.
            We're all the way to some regional semifinal games being televised on ESPN

What happens when ESPN debuts the ESPN: LLWS channel next year and televise every game of every U.S. regional tournament

I don't mind it. I think its usually fairly entertaining and what else do we have to watch right now? Pre-season football? No thanks. MLB...My Mets suck so I've lost interest in MLB for the most part. I'll start watching again in the postseason possibly.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

ESPN showing that team-clown from Europe punching his helmet like a boxer in the dugout was priceless.

Love watching the LLWS at this time every year for the kid's emotions.
              GO LAKERS!!!
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                Love watching the LLWS at this time every year for the kid's emotions.
                Ha, sure the positive emotions are great, but the negative ones are exactly why I don't like watching. Throw in instant replay in Little League baseball and I'm all set.

Comment

Nice to see Stokes hit the home run for Europe and get them on the board.

They've been holding their own against a pretty good Mexico team. Nice to see since this Europe team normally gets trounced every year.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

The instant replay system used in the LLWS is making MLBs stance look ridiculous.

Comment

This is the first year Little League is letting the kids take the jerseys home with them from the World Series? Wow, that is just being cheap.

Mexico beat Germany, Germany eliminated.
                      Hawaii up 2-1 on New Jersey in the 3rd.
                      Panama-Saudi Arabia elimination game just starting. Go Panama!

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

I think you're safe. Panama up 7-0 in the second inning

The Europe and Middle East teams never stand a chance in this.

Oftentimes the Europe team is a US air force base team.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

No Toms River, New Jersey magic this season.

Hawaii knocks em out 3-1.

It's too bad NJ, Ohio, Georgia, and Hawaii are all in this pool. They may be four of the best five US teams.

NJ joins Germany, Minnesota and soon to be Saudi Arabia as teams eliminated so far.

Tonight we'll get to see two winner's bracket games in primetime.
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Hawaii wins 3-1. New Jersey eliminated.

New Jersey will play Saudi Arabia, who's about to lose by mercy rule to Panama. Hopefully NJ can pick up a win in that game on Tuesday.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Texas vs Connecticut and Japan vs Puerto Rico. Two good ones on tap for tonight.

I'll take Texas and Japan FTW.
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Classic fundamentally sound Japan kicking the snot of the opposing team in the LLWS.

Cannot make mistakes against Japan or they will capitalize every time.

7-0 Japan going to the bottom of the second inning.
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X