2010 Little League World Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Little League World Series

Puerto Rico wins 11-0 on the mercy rule with a walk off HR in the 4th.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Japan with a 6th inning rally last night against Mexico. With two outs they scored four runs to take the game 4-2.

Ohio vs New Jersey on now on ESPN. Ohio with an explosive first inning, including a home run that probably went 300ft. 8-0 Ohio going into the bottom of the 1st.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Ohio finished off New Jersey 16-6.

Canada gets out of a bases loaded, one out situation in the bottom of the 6th to beat Panama 4-2.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          Ohio finished off New Jersey 16-6.

Canada gets out of a bases loaded, one out situation in the bottom of the 6th to beat Panama 4-2.
          NJ has enough hitting to compete but just does not have that overpowering pitching the other teams seem to have. With the pitch number rules, you must have 2 or even 3 kids who can throw 70mph and get a curve ball over the plate.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Ohio can really hit, but might not have enough pitching depth. One of the stars on the Ohio team played hockey here in Oxford. My guess is he will focus on baseball in the future, unfortunately.

Comment

Japan with a 6th inning rally last night against Mexico. With two outs they scored four runs to take the game 4-2.

Ohio vs New Jersey on now on ESPN. Ohio with an explosive first inning, including a home run that probably went 300ft. 8-0 Ohio going into the bottom of the 1st.
              That ball was absolutely tatooed. Possibly even farther than 300ft. That ball was more than halfway up the hill.

The new pitch count rules have really changed the way the game is played. I'm with the guy below that said you need 3 guys that can throw the ball 70 or you need a couple guys than can throw some nasty junk.

I'm also not really a fan of this new format? Why go to double elimination and take away the guaranteed three games and pool play format? If you lose your first game you're really *** now.

I just don't see the advantage to changing the format. The tournament is the same amount of days.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                That ball was absolutely tatooed. Possibly even farther than 300ft. That ball was more than halfway up the hill.

The new pitch count rules have really changed the way the game is played. I'm with the guy below that said you need 3 guys that can throw the ball 70 or you need a couple guys than can throw some nasty junk.

I'm also not really a fan of this new format? Why go to double elimination and take away the guaranteed three games and pool play format? If you lose your first game you're really *** now.

I just don't see the advantage to changing the format. The tournament is the same amount of days.
                All teams will still play 3 games. Just wont necessarily play against all 3 teams in your pool. They have a "consolation" game to make sure they all play a minimum of 3

Comment

Yeah, there's still the guaranteed three games, but I think the teams that lose two straight play the other 0-2 team in the same section (i.e. USA 1 plays USA 2, International 1 plays International 2).

EDIT: Just looked it up, and the consolation games will be crossover between USA and International.

Taiwan up 6-0 in the 2nd over Saudi Arabia, and still threatening with no outs. I was looking at Saudi Arabia's regional tournament, and they just had a five team round-robin, and while there were three teams tied at 3-1, the team that beat SA (Uganda I believe) was knocked to the consolation due to tiebreaker. If they would have done a three team playoff, I think we would be seeing Uganda instead of Saudi Arabia in Williamsport.
                  Last edited by Spartanforlife4; 08-21-2010, 05:56 PM.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Yeah, there's still the guaranteed three games, but I think the teams that lose two straight play the other 0-2 team in the same section (i.e. USA 1 plays USA 2, International 1 plays International 2).

Taiwan up 6-0 in the 2nd over Saudi Arabia, and still threatening with no outs. I was looking at Saudi Arabia's regional tournament, and they just had a five team round-robin, and while there were three teams tied at 3-1, the team that beat SA (Uganda I believe) was knocked to the consolation due to tiebreaker. If they would have done a three team playoff, I think we would be seeing Uganda instead of Saudi Arabia in Williamsport.
                    SA pitcher is at 63 pitches with no outs in the 2nd inning...
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Taiwan up 16-0 halfway through the third.

Gary Thorne said it best when he said "Chinese Taipei has done everything in the game of baseball in just three innings." They've done double steals, suicide squeezes, sac bunts, bunts for hits, tag ups, and just about everything except an intentional walk. I'm trying to find the record for most runs in a LLWS game, but I can't find a site for any records.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

It's now final: Taiwan-18 Saudi Arabia-0.

First elimination game now between Washington and Minnesota. All of the Washington players' favorite players are from east coast teams, despite the Mariners being only 20 minutes away. I would have expected Ichiro to be everyone's favorite. Everybody on Minnesota chose Mauer, except for one who chose Morneau. How about some home state pride Washington!

It was also interesting to see the Japanese players yesterday announce their favorite players. Ichiro has been knocked off his pedestal. Dice K was the favorite of about 10 kids, while Ichiro was only the favorite of two.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Oregon downs Minnesota 5-2. Minnesota is the first team eliminated this year.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

So does minnesota get saudi arabia?
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

EDIT: Just looked it up, and the consolation games will be crossover between USA and International.

That's too bad, it would have been really fun to see an African team at the LLWS.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                                That's too bad, it would have been really fun to see an African team at the LLWS.
                                Well, it may be a little biased, but it appears Uganda was screwed out of the championship game.

*insert joke about how many Poles it takes to run a tournament*

Uganda Little League Baseball

Edit: And I just found this on the Kuwait baseball page. The Ugandan Story.

Will any of this ever be mentioned by ESPN? Of course not, because Little League is about fun! And how the umpires are volunteers and even when wrong shouldn't be put in bad light! (thanks for the fifty mentions of that today).

It also appears the Saudi team is a bunch of snobs, that coming from both Kuwait and Uganda's stories.
                                Last edited by Spartanforlife4; 08-21-2010, 10:42 PM.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X