2010 DII Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 DII Football

Just curious, if they are dropping football and wrestling, are they dropping a bunch of womens' sports also? Usually there's a lot of womens sports that balance out the large number of guys playing football, so it makes you wonder how their sports balance will be after this.

Also, you especially hate to see successful programs like this wrestling program cut.
    Originally posted by Priceless
    Good to see you're so reasonable.
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
    Very well, said.
    Originally posted by Rover
    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
      Just curious, if they are dropping football and wrestling, are they dropping a bunch of womens' sports also? Usually there's a lot of womens sports that balance out the large number of guys playing football, so it makes you wonder how their sports balance will be after this.

Also, you especially hate to see successful programs like this wrestling program cut.
      They're adding men's soccer and golf and upping baseball.
      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
        They're adding men's soccer and golf and upping baseball.
        Huh. Those don't seem like they'd produce much revenue, but I guess football and wrestling must be bigger revenue losers if what they are doing makes sense. But I suppose the assumed formula where football makes money and supports a bunch of other sports doesn't always play out at every school.
        Originally posted by Priceless
        Good to see you're so reasonable.
        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
        Very well, said.
        Originally posted by Rover
        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
          Huh. Those don't seem like they'd produce much revenue, but I guess football and wrestling must be bigger revenue losers if what they are doing makes sense. But I suppose the assumed formula where football makes money and supports a bunch of other sports doesn't always play out at every school.
          I saw somewere that said that Maverick Football was losing about a million a year, but I would wager that the players paid to be in school wasn't included in that figure. In D2, they can only give the kids the equilent of 36 scholorships, so most kids get maybe an eigth or a quarter scholorship. They would have to pay UNO the rest to attend school. Thats why you tend to see really big teams at Private schools, as they can offer a lot of kids the chance to come play football for basically book money, and then have them come up with the rest of the cash to attend school.
          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
          X