2010 DII Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 DII Football

Not far off from the start of the season...Good time to start...

Re: 2010 DII Football

http://www.sctimes.com/article/20100...tball-the-boot

SCSU may give football the boot

St. Cloud State University next month will ask the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference for permission to remain in the conference if St. Cloud State cuts one of the sports required to be an NSIC member.

Those three working options include:

Eliminating football only.

Eliminating football and three additional sports.

Keeping football and eliminating eight sports.

Comment

Who will be the drunks of the NSIC now?
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        Bemidji State always did a fine job of that...

Or Crookston, they probably would have the highest drunk to people in the crowd ratio. Five drunks out of the six people at the game is pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
          Duluth. Clearly they used football to get into shape for Hockey season.
          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by thebrain View Post
            Not far off from the start of the season...Good time to start...
            Dang, I was thinking of starting this up soon. Would have gone with some mentioning of the Invading Canadian clan in the title perhaps. Oh well.
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

A couple of articals about the most intreging story about D2 Football this year, Simon Fraser and them crossing the border. Given their special status as being the first Canadian School to join the NCAA, I did plan on trying to cover them a bit this year as well.

http://www.bclocalnews.com/community/101000479.html

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Si...338/story.html

Either way, its a lot better than talking about Bowden at UNA this year again.

It just happens.

Comment

Dragon football: MSUM hopes to resurrect its once-thriving football program

Doug Peters knows wins are crucial to increase the wattage of the Dragons football program.

The Minnesota State Moorhead athletic director also knows the football team needs to avoid power outages, like last season’s

69-point road loss against Minnesota-Duluth, which was the reigning Division II national champion.

Comment

D2 Football has released their preseason poll.

2010 D2Football.com Top 25 Poll ? Preseason
                  August 24, 2010

Rank Team 2009 Record
                  1 Northwest Missouri 14-1
                  2 Grand Valley 13-2
                  3 North Alabama 11-2
                  4 Abilene Christian 9-4
                  5 Central Washington 12-1
                  6 Minnesota-Duluth 11-2
                  7 California 11-4
                  8 West Liberty 11-2
                  9 Washburn 8-3
                  10 Nebraska-Kearney 11-2
                  11 West Texas A&M 7-5
                  12 Saginaw Valley 9-3
                  13 Texas A&M-Kingsville 9-3
                  14 Missouri Western 9-3
                  15 Carson-Newman 11-3
                  16 East Stroudsburg 8-4
                  17 Midwestern State 9-3
                  18 Tarleton State 10-3
                  19 Tuskegee 10-2
                  20 Nebraska-Omaha 7-5
                  21 Delta State 5-5
                  22 Hillsdale 10-3
                  23 Valdosta State 6-4
                  24 UNC Pembroke 9-2
                  25 West Alabama 8-5

It just happens.

Comment

So, any reviews out there as to how good UMD will be this season? Thanks from a distant alum.
                    Originally posted by Priceless
                    Good to see you're so reasonable.
                    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                    Very well, said.
                    Originally posted by Rover
                    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                      So, any reviews out there as to how good UMD will be this season? Thanks from a distant alum.
                      They're easily the team to beat out of the NSIC, should easily make the playoffs, with a first round bye not out of the question. And Issac Odim is among the early front runners for the Harlon Hill Trophy, D2's version of the Heisman. If I was you, I would check the UMD's hockey schedule for November. The last two weekends of November would be the first and second rounds of the playoffs, with the regional finals the first weekend of December. Would hate to get your hopes up much further than the Semi's, but the crystral ball gets cloudy after that. One of those weekends just might turn out to be an excellent time to go back to Duluth for a full weekend of Shenanigans!!!

Oh, and its still not too late to order D2Football.com's Preview Magazine. Easily the best information out there on the D2 Nation. They're shipping out now.
                      Last edited by bigmrg74; 08-24-2010, 04:16 PM.

It just happens.

Comment

Hard to believe, but we've got games starting off Tomorrow!!!

Games of note for the weekend.......

Thursday 26

at 8:00 pm
                        Bemidji State
                        @ Minot State (NAIA)
                        - Get ready for some good old fashion Beaver on Beaver action here, as both schools mascots are the Beavers.

Saturday August 28

at 4:00 pm
                        Minnesota-Duluth
                        @ Central Washington
                        - Flat out the sexiest matchup this weekend of all 36 games this weekend. You've got the fifth ranked team in the nation hosting the 6th ranked team in the nation. A win for either team puts them in good shape for a playoff run, especially for Central Washington as that their league is only five teams, and they play round robin to fill out their schedules. the other two teams on the Wildcats Schedule, Eastern Washington and Southern Oregon, are non-D2 squads so those games don't count towards making the playoffs. Thus, if Central wants in the playoffs, they really need to beat Duluth. I also expect to see Issac Odim start in on his Harlon Hill Campaign as well here.

at 7:00 pm
                        Mercyhurst
                        @ Notre Dame (NAIA)
                        - likely one of the few times that Mercyhurst can say its favored to win over Notre Dame.

It just happens.

Comment

Thanks for the info on UMD. I've actually caught a few games on cable over the last few years when they're in the playoffs. Wish they'd been nearly as good when I was there, but that was toward the end of the Malosky era.
                          Originally posted by Priceless
                          Good to see you're so reasonable.
                          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                          Very well, said.
                          Originally posted by Rover
                          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Fees may avert SCSU athletic cuts

Potter said Wednesday that he has received numerous e-mails from St. Cloud State supporters but only one check since the news of the athletic department shortfalls made headlines last week. That check was for less than $100, he said.

Comment

Originally posted by thebrain View Post
                              I kinda doubt that there's only been one check sent in. The whole situation just feels like a scare tactic fundraising campaign. You start the year off with everybody short of the hockey teams sweating bullets about whats going to happen to them, and they're going to see more donations coming in.

I also think that they should be taking a look into why they have 6 guys in the AD office as well? http://www.sctimes.com/article/20100...d-face-layoffs

It just happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X