Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• streaker
    replied
    Re: Detroit Tigers 2010, Part 2: Wanted: Hitting. Gerald Laird need not apply

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Hey. At least we're not Cleveland fans. If we had to watch the Cavs, Tribe and Browns flail around without a title since 1964, we'd set the lake on fire, too.
    +1. Made me LOL. Poor pathetic town in the worst state ever.

Leave a comment:

• Hammer
    replied

Hey. At least we're not Cleveland fans. If we had to watch the Cavs, Tribe and Browns flail around without a title since 1964, we'd set the lake on fire, too.

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    and yet I don't think they have ever beat the Twins in the postseason.
    Minnesota sports: Thank goodness for the Twins.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied

Or Detroit Tigers: we can beat the Yankees in the postseason.
    and yet I don't think they have ever beat the Twins in the postseason.

Leave a comment:

• Hammer
    replied

Or Detroit Tigers: we can beat the Yankees in the postseason.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied

It may come sooner than March 1st. It may be this weekend.
    I can hardly wait.

Detroit Tigers: At least we aren't Chicago

Leave a comment:

• Hammer
    replied

It may come sooner than March 1st. It may be this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

This thread is winding down (goodbye 2010) as pitchers and catchers are arriving in Lakeland. Spring can't come fast enough. We await your new thread, Hammer so I can post more useless predictions.

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Well, the thing is, they didn't abuse him in Washington. He pitched about 130 innings or so last year before his arm went. It's entirely too easy to look back at this, but that arm was going to blow out regardless.

My biggest concern this year isn't the bats. It's the rotation.
    Well Tom Gage must agree with you: named Porcello MIP (most important Tiger) for the upcoming season.

Leave a comment:

• Hammer
    replied

Well, the thing is, they didn't abuse him in Washington. He pitched about 130 innings or so last year before his arm went. It's entirely too easy to look back at this, but that arm was going to blow out regardless.

My biggest concern this year isn't the bats. It's the rotation.

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Gage nails it

Especially the middle part. I'm betting that Bonderman is invited to camp. They're going to need another arm in that rotation somewhere along the way.

On other related news, I see that Keith Law (whoever the hell he is) from ESPN (nevermind. A magpie from ESPN. Go figure) rates us as the 25th best farm system. Needless to say, I disagree. We've got pitching on the way in the form of Crosby, Oliver and Turner, never mind the Latin pitchers in the system. We've actually got some catching in the system for the first time in about 25 years, since we drafted 8 of them last year. We've got outfielders in reserve in case Boesch and Raburn can't handle LF. We've got a couple 3B prospects in the high A - AA range. About the only thing we're missing is another middle-of-the-infield prospect in the high minors.

Are we a top-5 farm system? Probably not. A top 10? Maybe, but I wouldn't exactly bet on it. But if there's 24 teams that have better farm systems that we do right now, baseball's due for a golden age that will rival the 30's and the 50's.
    Sounds like Bondo is being signed by Cleveland.

I agree with you about our young arms. I hope they don't get wrecked like a certain phenom in Washington did.

Leave a comment:

• Hammer
    replied

Gage nails it

Especially the middle part. I'm betting that Bonderman is invited to camp. They're going to need another arm in that rotation somewhere along the way.

On other related news, I see that Keith Law (whoever the hell he is) from ESPN (nevermind. A magpie from ESPN. Go figure) rates us as the 25th best farm system. Needless to say, I disagree. We've got pitching on the way in the form of Crosby, Oliver and Turner, never mind the Latin pitchers in the system. We've actually got some catching in the system for the first time in about 25 years, since we drafted 8 of them last year. We've got outfielders in reserve in case Boesch and Raburn can't handle LF. We've got a couple 3B prospects in the high A - AA range. About the only thing we're missing is another middle-of-the-infield prospect in the high minors.

Are we a top-5 farm system? Probably not. A top 10? Maybe, but I wouldn't exactly bet on it. But if there's 24 teams that have better farm systems that we do right now, baseball's due for a golden age that will rival the 30's and the 50's.
    Last edited by Hammer; 01-29-2011, 11:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hammer
    replied

Well, good for him that at least the Dodgers and Padres don't have much pop in their bats. But I'm not sure Gibby is going to enjoy watching him pitch in Coors Field, either.

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    Armando dealt to the D-Backs for a couple low minor pitchers.
    Arizona's ballpark (Chase Field, formerly the 'BOB') is a launching pad. Good luck nibbling the plate there.

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied

Armando dealt to the D-Backs for a couple low minor pitchers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X