No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers 2010, Part 2: Wanted: Hitting. Gerald Laird need not apply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Detroit Tigers 2010, Part 2: Wanted: Hitting. Gerald Laird need not apply

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
    Another guy with no control at all. Throwing behind someone is never OK.
    Unless it's a knuckleball or an eephus pitch. Maybe.

This one is over. Thank God.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Someone threw behind Captain Intangibles, the Chosen One?

My guess is that said pitcher will magically 'disappear' from baseball tomorrow. :P
      Originally posted by Jon
      You call everything.

Comment

Originally posted by 3W View Post
        My guess is that said pitcher will magically 'disappear' from baseball tomorrow. :P
        They're going to trade him to the Royals?
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          They're going to trade him to the Royals?
          Worse. Pittsburgh.

God, that was fun...

Comment

gaudin should have been ejected based on the warning in the first (though warnings with no retaliation are lame).

but anyway, but if you are leyland.. do you really want gaudin out of the game in favor of wood or robertson? gaudin sucks! does jimmy even read the stats? (gaudin failed to record an out before he was pulled)
            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Jimmy Leyland uses some "colorful metaphors" with Eric Cooper and FSN forgets to turn its mics off.

A particular highlight: "They're going to the @$)*#% playoffs. We're not going anywhere!" At least he's still got his sense of rationality.

******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-MjTJU2h5JY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-MjTJU2h5JY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385">
              Originally posted by Jon
              You call everything.

Comment

Obviously I don't have a problem with the 4-letter bombs. Look, it's his place of work, and they're playing for keeps out there. If he's gotta drop an F-bomb out there, by all means, be my guest. If everybody's got such a problem with it, quit putting mics up everyone's *** and trying to get sound out of every little thing that goes on. Some things are just better left on the field.

God, that was fun...

Comment

not sure if his ejection will warrant a suspension, but if the umpire reports what he said there - it would presumably get him some time off.

"we are going to get somebody hurt, i can f@#$@$@ promise you that" is what preceded the part about the playoffs.

Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                  Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012

Comment

His ejection didn't come there. Cooper finally tossed him in between innings, about 4 batters later. If Leyland gets suspended for that, Cooper should as well. He **** near lost control of that game, and he would have for sure had both Gardner and Cabrera not acted like grown men.

God, that was fun...

Comment

his anger was justified, no question. but i'm sure mlb would not look kindly on his premeditation if the words he used get reported back.

the ump did lose control of the game, even after leyland tells him he is going to hurt someone he still doesnt react when the tigers throw at jeter. awesome!

he must have known his warning was stupid and figured he wouldnt enforce it.

Comment

I've gotta side with Leyland on this one. You throw at Cabrera and somebody on the other side needs to eat a baseball. If you don't like it, take it up with your dip**** pitcher like Delmon Young did last year.
                        Originally posted by dicaslover
                        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                          I've gotta side with Leyland on this one. You throw at Cabrera and somebody on the other side needs to eat a baseball. If you don't like it, take it up with your dip**** pitcher like Delmon Young did last year.
                          except when you start the throwing. should have picked a more high profile target than gardner - not that anyone ever accused bonderman of being good at anything.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                            except when you start the throwing. should have picked a more high profile target than gardner - not that anyone ever accused bonderman of being good at anything.
                            Someone should throw at your head for equivocating Gardner and Cabrera.

The Tigers threw at some scrub as retaliation for a Yankee taking out a Tiger with a hard slide. That should have been the end of it. It's utter garbage to throw at a team's superstar because a player like Gardner got hit.
                            Originally posted by dicaslover
                            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

What should have happened was this:

"Mr. Leyland and Mr. Girardi, here's a warning now that Cabrera's been hit. One of each got plunked, that's the end of this, we're gonna play ball the right way for the duration of the evening. The dick-comparing contest is hereby declared over. And if you don't like it, you can go take an early shower."

2-0 Tigers after Cabrera's bomb in the 1st. 31 homers and 100 RBI for Big Boy.
                              Last edited by Hammer; 08-19-2010, 12:45 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Well, I see that we're done here. Porcello got squeezed on the leadoff hitter in the 6th and then promptly ****s down his leg. I swear to God, the only way he can pitch with runners on base is if he's wearing a set of Depends. If the leadoff hitter gets on, you might as well put 2 runs on the board every time. Of course, it doesn't help that our merry band of ****** rookie relievers either miss the strike zone by 5 feet or give up rockets to the power alleys.

7-2 Yankees, still in the 6th.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X