No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers 2010, Part 2: Wanted: Hitting. Gerald Laird need not apply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Detroit Tigers 2010, Part 2: Wanted: Hitting. Gerald Laird need not apply

All right, decision time. Who would you rather have at 3B, as an all-around package: Inge or Peralta? The Tigers might be making that decision sooner than we all think...
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      All right, decision time. Who would you rather have at 3B, as an all-around package: Inge or Peralta? The Tigers might be making that decision sooner than we all think...
      If it has to be one of the two, I'd take Inge, but I don't think either are a great value for the money, nor are they starting 3Bs on a winning ball club.

Sounds like Inge will be waived this week regardless.
      Originally posted by dicaslover
      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Well, they'll put him on waivers to see if someone claims him. I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade once he's cleared, or if someone picks him up. Now, the next obvious question is, what are we getting in return? I'd prefer something more than a couple of BP bats and a used catcher's mask. Remember, whoever's coming back has to go through waivers as well.

This gives me more reason to believe that a major (and expensive) move is coming this offseason on the left side of the infield.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Guillen to the DL, Will Rhymes activated.

Guillen's lack of durability is mind-boggling. I understand that he's injury prone, but this is getting ridiculous.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I just heard something very interesting while listening to the TEX-TB broadcast. They were talking about Vlad Guerrero running hard on a groundout while losing 10-0 in the 8th.

"Not to single a team out, but the Detroit Tigers seemed very uninterested in running hard when they were here recently for 3 games."

God, that was fun...

Comment

I am not that excited about the rumor of Inge being a Twins target should he reach them in waivers or clear waivers all together.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

The Twins (or any other AL team, for that matter) aren't the team I'm hearing about. It's a certain team about 3-4 hours SW of Chicago.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  I am not that excited about the rumor of Inge being a Twins target should he reach them in waivers or clear waivers all together.
                  Agreed. I don't want him. Valencia has been playing very well at 3rd and he's the guy for the future, leave him in there.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    I just heard something very interesting while listening to the TEX-TB broadcast. They were talking about Vlad Guerrero running hard on a groundout while losing 10-0 in the 8th.

"Not to single a team out, but the Detroit Tigers seemed very uninterested in running hard when they were here recently for 3 games."
                    That bugs me so much. It seems like only the rookies and Damon run it out hard. Cabrerea hit a high infield popup a couple of games ago and ran down the baseline literally as fast as he does when he hits a grounder to the shortstop. I love him as a hitter, but just because you're the best doesn't mean you get to take off baserunning.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Well. Good to know that King Jeremy is off to a smashing start.

God, that was fun...

Comment

*****http://www.catwritr.com/images/goal.gif******
                        CABRERA!!!

3-1 Yanks, top 2

Well, if you're gonna hit it that far, it doesn't matter how hard you run around the bases. Jeebus.

God, that was fun...

Comment

And if it's all the same to you guys, I'd rather not play Beanball Wars tonight.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Why Ryan Raburn continues to bring a glove to the ballpark continues to amaze me.

God, that was fun...

Comment

*****http://www.catwritr.com/images/goal.gif******
                              CABRERA - 2!!!

3-2 Yanks, top 4

#30 on the year for Big Boy.

God, that was fun...

Comment

At this point, I don't understand why teams just roll the ball to Cabrera like a bowling ball and dare him to hit it 400 feet that way.
                                Originally posted by Jon
                                You call everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X