No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers 2010, Part 2: Wanted: Hitting. Gerald Laird need not apply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Detroit Tigers 2010, Part 2: Wanted: Hitting. Gerald Laird need not apply

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    All the radio guys keep doing is bringing up some abdominal strain Valverde has, and wonder if it acts up more if they make him sit in the middle of a save.

Seems logical, but I'm not an 80 year old watching my team choke away an August like I choke down Marlboro's, so my logic probably doesn't matter.
    I've been saying for a month that something is wrong with him. And I don't know how many times it takes for Marlboro Jimmy to get it through his ****ing head that YOU DON'T BRING HIM IN FOR LONGER THAN 1 INNING.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Now we wait on the draft picks. According to the Detroit News resident Tiger writer that writes like a woman, don't expect the 4th rounder to sign, but the other 3 out there should. We've got 59 minutes to go.

God, that was fun...

Comment

We didn't sign the 4th rounder, but we did get all the other top-10 picks. Nick Castellanos, the first sandwich pick, did reach an agreement, but we're waiting on whether he agreed to the deal before the midnight deadline.

God, that was fun...

Comment

With Verlander pitching tonight, I'm sure we'll be in for another exciting 3-1 loss. Could the team give him some support just once?
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

He better go 9. Valverde is done for a day or two, and Coke and Perry are just about used up for a couple days as well. And God help us if Verlander gets shelled, because we've got Bonderman and Porcello going the next two days.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              He better go 9. Valverde is done for a day or two, and Coke and Perry are just about used up for a couple days as well. And God help us if Verlander gets shelled, because we've got Bonderman and Porcello going the next two days.
              I've got this crazy formula, but I'm not sure if it will work.

1. Put Valverde in for only the ninth like it was back when he was shutdown and it didn't take him 30 extra pitches to get one more out.

Yes, this formula only has one step, but while Todd Jones was the master of creating situations and getting out of them, Valverde is not.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Last night during the game, they specifically mentioned that they'd seen Todd Jones earlier in the day. I knew everything was going to be all right then. Papa Grande has seen the light and is reading from the Todd Jones Save Manual. Praise the Lord!

Also, I think Captain Intangibles deserves more credit for hitting into the greatest bases loaded game-ending double play in the Yankees' illustrious history.
                Originally posted by Jon
                You call everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  I've got this crazy formula, but I'm not sure if it will work.

1. Put Valverde in for only the ninth like it was back when he was shutdown and it didn't take him 30 extra pitches to get one more out.

Yes, this formula only has one step, but while Todd Jones was the master of creating situations and getting out of them, Valverde is not.
                  Quit making sense.

God, that was fun...

Comment

*****http://www.catwritr.com/images/goal.gif******
                    JACKSON!!!

1-0, 1 pitch

God, that was fun...

Comment

I kind of have CC on my fantasy team, so yeah I'm not a fan.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Well. That didn't take long.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Quality...and he has 52 pitches through 1 1/3.

Comment

Our ace thinks he needs to throw about 162 pitches to get through 5 innings every ****ing outing, and this is what we get as a result.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              Our ace thinks he needs to throw about 162 pitches to get through 5 innings every ****ing outing, and this is what we get as a result.
                              Hey, but at least we get to see shots of Mark Schlereth in the stands!!

Comment

*****http://www.catwritr.com/images/goal.gif******
                                INGE!!!

4-2 Yanks, top 7

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X