No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers 2010, Part 2: Wanted: Hitting. Gerald Laird need not apply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers 2010, Part 2: Wanted: Hitting. Gerald Laird need not apply

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Que?
    Ken Rosenthal just said somebody picked him up on waivers. Not sure on the team yet.

Also, Enrique Gonzalez got DFA'ed. Sad day.

EDIT 3: Casper Wells is taking Gonzalez's spot
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Well, the Tigers can pull him back and they can make a trade, assuming it's his first trip through waivers.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Looks like the BoSox picked up Damon, but he has a no trade clause to Boston.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

From the Detroit News, here's the story: The Tigers have until Wednesday (48 hours, presumably) to trade Damon, release him and let the Red Sox take him, or pull him back. If they pull him back, the Tigers can't run him through waivers without risking losing him. If they pull him back and run him through waivers again later this season, any team that claims him, takes him and the Tigers get nothing.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Man, does Bruce Chen make me feel like I've squandered being left-handed.

Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Comment

Steve Avery thinks he throws hard.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Apparently Johnny Damon is NOT going to Boston.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Magglio needs surgery. He will NOT return for the rest of the season. What we see is what we get the rest of the way, for better or for worse.

God, that was fun...

Comment

It should be 2-0 but some fat twatwaffle thought the ball was a jug of ranch dressing, so she picked it up.

EDIT: Doesn't matter now, it's 3-0 now.

God, that was fun...

Comment

*****http://www.catwritr.com/images/goal.gif******
                      RABURN!!

5-0, bottom 5

God, that was fun...

Comment

funny pictures

9-1 Final.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Nice to finally see the Tigers handle business against the teams they should beat. Hopefully Damon choosing to stick around sparks this team a little bit and makes the last month pretty fun to watch.

Comment

There was an interruption last night for a "fan on the field," but they wouldn't show the chase, which leads me to believe it was a streaker. Plus, Mario and Rod were talking about how the person had more physique than most. However, I don't remember ever seeing someone chased on the field during a Tigers game, and I've heard about it happening at least 5 times. I doubt that there has only been streakers on the field in Detroit, so I'm leaning towards the decision that Illitch may have a rule about showing fans on the field in Detroit.

Anyone go to the game last night that can provide some details?

Oh, and good win last night.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Baseball in general frowns on showing idiots that run onto the field, clothed or otherwise (and I have seen both at a Tiger game). They do not want to encourage the behavior.

A few years ago a couple guys dropped their clothes and streaked onto the field. We were in the upper level and all of a sudden right below us we heard laughter, a roar, and all we saw were asscheeks and these two guys took off onto the field. There was a picture the next day in the Detroit News that showed the guy from the waist up while he was being led up the steps by the arresting officer after the incident. There was a, ummm, attractive girl looking down at him and laughing in the background.

There was one other idiot that got loose one night and ran around in the outfield, and then started towards the infield, and the mound in particular. Todd Jones was on the mound and took his glove off and threw it aside. Right after that the idiot turned and ran back towards the outfield.
                              Last edited by Hammer; 08-25-2010, 07:56 AM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Not showing people that run onto the field on TV is a league-wide rule.

Comment

Working...
                                X