No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers 2010, Part 2: Wanted: Hitting. Gerald Laird need not apply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Detroit Tigers 2010, Part 2: Wanted: Hitting. Gerald Laird need not apply

I agree wholeheartedly, 3W. There's absolutely no reason in the world to pitch to him. Who else are they going to be scared of, Peralta?
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen, the bottom of the 4th inning is brought to you by......

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MK6TXMsvgQg?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MK6TXMsvgQg?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

God, that was fun...

Comment

*****http://www.catwritr.com/images/goal.gif******
        KELLY??

6-4 Yanks, top 5

God, that was fun...

Comment

All right, if you're going to warn both sides about throwing at batters in the 1st inning, you can't swallow your mask when the best hitter on one of the teams takes one square in the back in the 8th. Eric Cooper's been ****-poor and inconsistent all evening. Leyland's hot, and he should be.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Leyland's trying to get run, and if he does, look out.

For the record, I don't have a problem with Gardner's slide last night. Was it a rough slide? Sure. Is it part of the game? Absolutely. This isn't Little League here. They're playing for real and they're playing for keeps. Now, if Bonderman decides he wants to dot Gardner in tonight's game, fine, I guess. I don't think it's the smartest thing in the world to be doing, hitting the leadoff hitter for the Yankees to start the game and all, but it's Bonderman we're dealing with, and he's trying to stick up for his team, and all that other happy horse****. Case closed, as far as I'm concerned. Gardner didn't appear to have a problem with it, it's over, let's play ball. The umpire doesn't need to put his *** in the way unnecessarily here. That's what caused tonight's problem in the first place.
            Last edited by Hammer; 08-18-2010, 08:49 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Was there a fight? We're getting to that point of the season where we just decide to randomly throw down with another team.
              Originally posted by Jon
              You call everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                All right, if you're going to warn both sides about throwing at batters in the 1st inning, you can't swallow your mask when the best hitter on one of the teams takes one square in the back in the 8th. Eric Cooper's been ****-poor and inconsistent all evening. Leyland's hot, and he should be.
                That whole crew is an abortion. Tichenor the other night was AWFUL. Some of these guys I don't know how they're MLB umps.
                R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by 3W View Post
                  Was there a fight? We're getting to that point of the season where we just decide to randomly throw down with another team.
                  No. Nothing at all. Once Gardner got plunked he dropped his bat and went down to first. He took it like a man. From what I saw Cabrera did the same thing. But the warning was handed down in the 1st inning (unnecessarily, IMO), and that's what triggered Leyland here, once Cabrera took his in the back.

Quit trying to protect everyone and let's ****ing play baseball. We're dealing with grown men, not a bunch of 6-year olds. Bob Gibson and Don Drysdale would have killed a few people had they played today, both players and umps.
                  Last edited by Hammer; 08-18-2010, 08:57 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Leyland got run during the commercial break. Not that it much matters...

God, that was fun...

Comment

Leyland got run during the commercial break. Not that it much matters...
                      Non-issue now. Jeter just had one thrown behind him and nothing happened.

Comment

Jeter gets thrown behind and nothing. At this point I refer back to this:

And if it's all the same to you guys, I'd rather not play Beanball Wars tonight.
                        Let's quit playing dicky-dick and play ball. Enough is enough.

God, that was fun...

Comment

It was pretty stupid to issue a warning after Gardner got hit in the first inning anyhow. Gardner getting hit "solves" whatever issues the Tigers had in the first place. Giving a warning makes the game really uncomfortable when ANYONE gets hit after that (like Gaudin with Cabrera). Gaudin obviously had no control, but by way of the stupid warning, he should've been thrown out.

In other words, umpires are being as consistent as they ever were.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                            It was pretty stupid to issue a warning after Gardner got hit in the first inning anyhow. Gardner getting hit "solves" whatever issues the Tigers had in the first place. Giving a warning makes the game really uncomfortable when ANYONE gets hit after that (like Gaudin with Cabrera). Gaudin obviously had no control, but by way of the stupid warning, he should've been thrown out.

In other words, umpires are being as consistent as they ever were.
                            Agreed. And Gonzalez should have been tossed as well.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Okay, anything else weird going to happen tonight?

God, that was fun...

Comment

Agreed. And Gonzalez should have been tossed as well.
                                Another guy with no control at all. Throwing behind someone is never OK.

Comment

Working...
                                X