No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers 2010, Part 2: Wanted: Hitting. Gerald Laird need not apply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers 2010, Part 2: Wanted: Hitting. Gerald Laird need not apply

Well, the thing is, they didn't abuse him in Washington. He pitched about 130 innings or so last year before his arm went. It's entirely too easy to look back at this, but that arm was going to blow out regardless.

My biggest concern this year isn't the bats. It's the rotation.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Well, the thing is, they didn't abuse him in Washington. He pitched about 130 innings or so last year before his arm went. It's entirely too easy to look back at this, but that arm was going to blow out regardless.

My biggest concern this year isn't the bats. It's the rotation.
      Well Tom Gage must agree with you: named Porcello MIP (most important Tiger) for the upcoming season.

Comment

This thread is winding down (goodbye 2010) as pitchers and catchers are arriving in Lakeland. Spring can't come fast enough. We await your new thread, Hammer so I can post more useless predictions.

Comment

It may come sooner than March 1st. It may be this weekend.

God, that was fun...

Comment

It may come sooner than March 1st. It may be this weekend.
            I can hardly wait.

Detroit Tigers: At least we aren't Chicago

PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Or Detroit Tigers: we can beat the Yankees in the postseason.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Or Detroit Tigers: we can beat the Yankees in the postseason.
                and yet I don't think they have ever beat the Twins in the postseason.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  and yet I don't think they have ever beat the Twins in the postseason.
                  Minnesota sports: Thank goodness for the Twins.

Comment

Hey. At least we're not Cleveland fans. If we had to watch the Cavs, Tribe and Browns flail around without a title since 1964, we'd set the lake on fire, too.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Hey. At least we're not Cleveland fans. If we had to watch the Cavs, Tribe and Browns flail around without a title since 1964, we'd set the lake on fire, too.
                      +1. Made me LOL. Poor pathetic town in the worst state ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X