No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers 2010, Part 2: Wanted: Hitting. Gerald Laird need not apply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers 2010, Part 2: Wanted: Hitting. Gerald Laird need not apply

White Sox seem to be making all the deals this off season, and its making me nervous about the AL Central race in 2011.

But they seem to do that every year, and most of the time it doesn't quite pan out. So I guess I should relax a bit.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Word is, the Tigers offered a one year deal to Penny.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20110...-one-year-deal

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        Rod Allen and Jose Valverde to dance off

Okay, someone has got to get video of this.
        Can Rods pitcher buddy from Japan be one of the judges??
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Raburn on board for two more seasons:

http://www.detnews.com/article/20110...-year-contract

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
            Word is, the Tigers offered a one year deal to Penny.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20110...-one-year-deal
            I like this deal. $3 mil for a starting pitcher is next to nothing in today's market. If it works out, they stole his services in broad daylight. If it doesn't work out, well, they've eaten worse contracts in the past, and may eat another worse one this spring.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Zoom-Zoom returns:

http://www.freep.com/article/2011011...to-1-year-deal

Comment

Tigers re-sign Gallaraga for one year (if they don't package him, first.)

Comment

I have to wonder how he's going to get injured this year....
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                    Rabid ferret!
                    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Tigers re-sign Gallaraga for one year (if they don't package him, first.)
                      And he's already been designated for assignment to make room for Brad Penny.
                      Originally posted by dicaslover
                      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                        Shagging fly balls (Fidrych) and Kung Fu (Rozema) have already been taken.

Comment

Well, he's running out of joints to injure. I'll go with wrenched knee during batting practice, please.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                            And he's already been designated for assignment to make room for Brad Penny.
                            That is a bizarre move. My guess is that he'd refuse an assignment to the minors and become a free agent instead. There's some teams out there really hurting for back-end starting pitching.

Leyland said today that he's not sure if Carlos Guillen is going to be ready for spring training. I've said it before, but I'm not sold that he's with the ballclub in any capacity on Opening Day. Sure, it's a hefty contract to eat, but they've done it with worse contracts, and his is just about the last bad one we have.

New thread and new format comes approx. March 1st.

God, that was fun...

Comment

It's tough to say, but it sounds like negotiations with Penny weren't going well, so they signed Galarraga as insurance/bargaining leverage and a couple hours later, Penny caved in and signed.
                              Originally posted by dicaslover
                              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                                It's tough to say, but it sounds like negotiations with Penny weren't going well, so they signed Galarraga as insurance/bargaining leverage and a couple hours later, Penny caved in and signed.
                                I thought they had already agreed to arbitration with G a few weeks ago, and started dealing with Penny before the number came in. It just happened to come in on the same day.
                                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X