X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Obama XIV: President VISTA with SP2

Originally posted by moe24 View Post
    It's safe to say I have a big problem with this. It's right along the same lines as the recent 9th Circuit Court of Appeals ruling that allows the government to track your vehicle with a GPS device and the enter your private property to install the device (all without any warrants).
    I've been exchanging e-mails with my dad on this and that was the first thing he brought up. Said Joe Soucheray had that on his show.

You used to be able to rely on the 9th circuit loonballs to protect you from this kind of crap. It's sad when even the 9th circuit goes along with this. I'm still holding out hope that the Roberts court will throw an even bigger curveball and knock this down. I should say, I'm holding out that they reverse it but I'm not holding my breath...

Once you chip away at freedoms you never get it back. Even with his ridiculous takes on so many subjects, Ron Paul is looking better as a president each day. And that's scary.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Always nice to see the 9th Circuit court doing what it does best, make sh1t up. No need to worry about the constitution, we'll just decide how the west should be run!
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        I've been exchanging e-mails with my dad on this and that was the first thing he brought up. Said Joe Soucheray had that on his show.

You used to be able to rely on the 9th circuit loonballs to protect you from this kind of crap. It's sad when even the 9th circuit goes along with this. I'm still holding out hope that the Roberts court will throw an even bigger curveball and knock this down. I should say, I'm holding out that they reverse it but I'm not holding my breath...

Once you chip away at freedoms you never get it back. Even with his ridiculous takes on so many subjects, Ron Paul is looking better as a president each day. And that's scary.
        The article did mention that another circuit court found unanimously against long term gps tracking without a warrant, whatever that means but its a sign that at least the Supreme Court will get to decide in the end with results on both sides.

As for Ron Paul, the good sure does seem to outweigh the bad the more I look into what he says and how he acts.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          With that they said they needed a warrant: http://www.marijuana.com/legal-issue...at-sensor.html (Of course I get all my news from Marijuana.com discussions in 2001.)
          orange krush is now available? cool.
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
            Seriously, how many elections do these idiots have to lose before they learn?
            Sadly, they're not going to learn what it is that will be making them successful in November.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Without the 9th Circuit to beat back the "SECURITY FIRST AT ALL COSTS" wing of the GOP what hope do we have to preserve the 4th amendment at all? That's a serious question.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                Always nice to see the 9th Circuit court doing what it does best, make sh1t up. No need to worry about the constitution, we'll just decide how the west should be run!
                And what's with their line about "no reasonable expectation of privacy in your driveway"? Are they serious? How about trying a reasonable expectation to not be trespassed upon, or it's none of the government's business where I drive? Or how about tracking me amounts to a search and the Bill of Rights having something to say about that.
                Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

And what's with their line about "no reasonable expectation of privacy in your driveway"? Are they serious? How about trying a reasonable expectation to not be trespassed upon, or it's none of the government's business where I drive? Or how about tracking me amounts to a search and the Bill of Rights having something to say about that.
                  I like the part where a they claimed a delivery guy can walk in the driveway without permission, I think there is implied permission when agreeing to have something delivered to you!

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    I'm still holding out hope that the Roberts court will throw an even bigger curveball and knock this down. I should say, I'm holding out that they reverse it but I'm not holding my breath...
                    I have a feeling the SCOTUS will strike this down, likely unanimously and with Roberts leading the charge.
                    Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      I like the part where a they claimed a delivery guy can walk in the driveway without permission, I think there is implied permission when agreeing to have something delivered to you!
                      And it's not like the delivery guy is planting a tracking device on any of your property.
                      Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Surprising as hell the 9th Circuit would rule in favor of the feds on this one. Even the FBI needs a FISA warrant to wiretap potential terrorists or read their emails. I can't see why GPS would not require a warrant. Unless Congress acts first, the Supremes will probably step in. And then it's anyone's guess how they'll rule.
                        "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

BTW, I noticed the knucks' avoided this story, but here's the result of right wing xenophobia regarding the mosque in Manhatten:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/08/26/....html?hpt=Sbin

Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            BTW, I noticed the knucks' avoided this story, but here's the result of right wing xenophobia regarding the mosque in Manhatten:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/08/26/....html?hpt=Sbin

Thats the RESULT of right wing xenophobia? Now who's lumping everyone into groups? Conservatives are no more responsible for this idiot's actions than Islam is for 9/11...or is that what you wanted me to say?

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              BTW, I noticed the knucks' avoided this story, but here's the result of right wing xenophobia
                              So in your world, conservatives who oppose the mosque are responsible for some idiot stabbing a cab driver because he's Muslim? Nice logic.

Comment

that certainly sucks. but i'm not sure the court isn't right in their interpretation of privacy in your driveway. in the nice planet thread, i was appalled by a story about a man who was arrested for child abuse when he tackled an underage tresspasser in his yard because he 'wasnt defending his house' at that point.

i dont agree with either interpretation, but atleast they are consistent that your yard/driveway is not your home. of course i assume that means we should all get federal funds to maintain those places since we dont own them!
                                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X