No announcement yet.

Illegal Immigration IV: Amnesty For Some, Miniature American Flags For Others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illegal Immigration IV: Amnesty For Some, Miniature American Flags For Others

Continue.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Re: Illegal Immigration IV: Amnesty For Some, Miniature American Flags For Others

nice
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Re: Illegal Immigration IV: Amnesty For Some, Miniature American Flags For Others

There was a proposal on the floor to give AZ back to Mexico for free as it would save the US money since the state gets more federal dollars than it pays into the Treasury.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        There was a proposal on the floor to give AZ back to Mexico for free as it would save the US money since the state gets more federal dollars than it pays into the Treasury.
        Source?
        Originally posted by Priceless
        Good to see you're so reasonable.
        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
        Very well, said.
        Originally posted by Rover
        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

You do know that several states are like that, especially the Deep South. If we could excise Alabama and Mississippi and Arkansas...times would be good without those freeloaders.
          Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
            Source?
            http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezr...te_ripoff.html
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I was primarily referring to his claim that someone is actively talking about giving Arizona back.

But, that's an interesting map, though very simplistic. It'd be a lot more interesting to see how much above or below states are, and how this calculation was derived, and what items really differentiate states. I'd guess a big driver in this would be military spending, as states with more military activity seem to be primarily red states, with a few notable exceptions. But, who knows if those are +$1.01 or something.
              Very well, said.
              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Source?
                Rover in the previous thread.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                  Rover in the previous thread.
                  Rover citing Rover doesn't count.
                  Very well, said.
                  A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Thoughtful two part essay by an old-timer from southern Arizona:
                    http://tucsoncitizen.com/view-from-b...e-lost-border/
                    http://tucsoncitizen.com/view-from-b...border-part-2/
                    Very well, said.
                    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Correlation /= causation

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                        Correlation /= causation
                        Don't go getting all technical on them!
                        Very well, said.
                        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Absolutely devastating. I'm getting pretty g*d* sick of subsidising those layout lazy arse conservatives with my tax dollars. Why can't you idiots pick yourselves up by your bootstraps and become contributing members of society.

Bob, A for effort but chalking this up to military spending sounds like something pulled word for word out of The Right Wingers Talking Points Handbook.

A better explanation is all the successful places in the country where people actually pay taxes (CA, MA, NY, IL, TX, WA, OR) are subsidizing slovenly conservative voters in Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia, Kansas, Oklahoma, Utah, etc who prefer to lay around and do nothing except complain about the gumbint on their way to cash their check from the feds.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Absolutely devastating. I'm getting pretty g*d* sick of subsidising those layout lazy arse conservatives with my tax dollars. Why can't you idiots pick yourselves up by your bootstraps and become contributing members of society.

Bob, A for effort but chalking this up to military spending sounds like something pulled word for word out of The Right Wingers Talking Points Handbook.

A better explanation is all the successful places in the country where people actually pay taxes (CA, MA, NY, IL, TX, WA, OR) are subsidizing slovenly conservative voters in Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia, Kansas, Oklahoma, Utah, etc who prefer to lay around and do nothing except complain about the gumbint on their way to cash their check from the feds.
                            This is silly stuff, even by your standards. The same federal tax rates apply all across the country, in case you didn't get the memo. Defense spending is a big piece of the federal pie (I swear I've heard moaning about that around here). And that spending goes to a sizable extent to state with large military bases. When I lived in Minnesota, people talked about these numbers, but Minnesota was not friendly to the military installations that were there, and the military gradually moved them out of the state. I recall the old Duluth Air Force base, and how Duluth made it very difficult for them. You drive out the military, you don't get their spending on bases. It's really pretty straightforward stuff if you try.

You're really more interesting when you put at least minimal effort to say something of substance.
                            Very well, said.
                            A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Source?
                              In the United States of Rover, all states are above average, and every single one of them gives more to the Federal government than it needs.
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                              X