No announcement yet.

Illegal Immigration IV: Amnesty For Some, Miniature American Flags For Others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Illegal Immigration IV: Amnesty For Some, Miniature American Flags For Others

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Then I'll ask you the same question: When is someone committing a crime not illegal?
    I'm no legal expert, and committing a crime is always illegal, but I think technically unofan is correct. To be in the country illegally is a civil offense and not a criminal one. Thus not all illegal aliens are criminals. Similar to if you get a speeding ticket it is illegal to speed but you are not necesarially a criminal if you do so.

I also do not have a problem with the term illegal alien.

Edit: Again I have no legal training but reading up more on US Code it appears that there is a difference between someone who enters illegally (criminal violation) and someone who enters legally but overstays (civil offense).
    Last edited by ericredaxe; 08-21-2012, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• Re: Illegal Immigration IV: Amnesty For Some, Miniature American Flags For Others

Then I'll ask you the same question: When is someone committing a crime not illegal?
      When their last name begins with a K and ends with a y
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        I c wut u did thar

It does say in the Constitution (Article I Section 6 Clause 1): "They shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place." However, I think what that person did, assuming they were representing at the time, was a felony.

Comment

Danny Kay?
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Danny Kay?
            Kaye.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Kaye.
              Well, that's embarrassing.

Grace Kelly?
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Well, that's embarrassing.

Grace Kelly?
                Gene.

Comment

After much bluster, four years of investigations, multiple grand juries, etc., the feds drop their investigations into Sheriff Joe Arpaio and former county attorney Andrew Thomas with apparently no explanation.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/US-Atto...168230356.html

Sheriff Joe 1, Feds 0.
                  Originally posted by Priceless
                  Good to see you're so reasonable.
                  Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                  Very well, said.
                  Originally posted by Rover
                  A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

But the good news is that an appeals court is letting a pair of news executives continue their lawsuit against him for false arrest, so he'll still have something to do besides trips to Hawaii for birth certificates
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      But the good news is that an appeals court is letting a pair of news executives continue their lawsuit against him for false arrest, so he'll still have something to do besides trips to Hawaii for birth certificates
                      News executives is a charitable description forthose folks who run that operation.
                      Very well, said.
                      A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Another border patrol agent gunned down on our "safe" border with Mexico.
                        http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2012/10...gling-corridor

Wonder if we'll find a reason to apologize to Mexico for this?
                        Very well, said.
                        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

No doubt this is all Obama's fault though, right Bob? Because, as everybody knows, there were no law enforcement deaths in the US during the Bush I, Bush II or Reagan administrations....
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            No doubt this is all Obama's fault though, right Bob? Because, as everybody knows, there were no law enforcement deaths in the US during the Bush I, Bush II or Reagan administrations....
                            Not all his fault, no, you pessimist you.
                            Very well, said.
                            A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              No doubt this is all Bush's fault though, right Rover? Because, as everybody knows, there were no law enforcement deaths in the US during the Clinton or Carter administrations....

Comment

No doubt this is all Bush's fault though, right Rover? Because, as everybody knows, there were no law enforcement deaths in the US during the Clinton or Carter administrations....
                                Everything bad that's happened the last four years is the result of Bush policies. Everything good that's happened over the last four years is a credit to Obama. That's the narrative and they're sticking to it, regardless of how ridiculous it is.

The areas in question in southern Arizona have been unsafe and known drug smuggling areas for a long while. This event is entirely predictable. It was a question of when, not if, something like this would happen again. And reports are that it'll be hard to find those who did it. Says something that our border agents can be ambushed, killed, and wounded, but we aren't on top of things enough to even have a good shot to apprehend the culprits.
                                Very well, said.
                                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Working...
                                X