No announcement yet.

Illegal Immigration IV: Amnesty For Some, Miniature American Flags For Others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Illegal Immigration IV: Amnesty For Some, Miniature American Flags For Others

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    How'd you go from this:

to amnesty?

Immigration reform and amnesty are not the same things. Reform would/could be something like "loosen up the restrictions a little bit and find ways to more efficiently process the tens of thousands of applications that pile up in the immigration office". Granting amnesty to illegal immigrants is really just pardoning people for breaking federal law, and essentially giving them citizenship on top of it all.

Unless you're just using buzzwords to tick off Old Pio and Bob Gray, then I'm not following your logic.

Umm....yes, that's the point I was sarcastically making. What the rancher is talking about makes up the crux of proposed immigration reform, the same ideas that Old Pio and Bob (amongst others on the right) label as amnesty. Just trying to help the old geezers out.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Re: Illegal Immigration IV: Amnesty For Some, Miniature American Flags For Others

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      Please. I eat conservative arguments for breakfast. Why do you think I drive you guy nuts on regular basis.
      You give yourself way too much credit. I can't recall the last time you made a serious argument that I needed to take time to consider.
      Originally posted by Priceless
      Good to see you're so reasonable.
      Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
      Very well, said.
      Originally posted by Rover
      A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Don't believe the hype. He eats paint chips for breakfast, believe that.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Please. I eat conservative arguments for breakfast. Why do you think I drive you guys nuts on a regular basis.
          Because you refuse to offer anything close to a logical thought.
          Bruce Ciskie > PA

Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

Blizzard Drinking: Duluth's Answer to Gulf Coast Hurricane Parties

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
            You give yourself way too much credit. I can't recall the last time you made a serious argument that I needed to take time to consider.
            Probably because you forgot what you were reading half way through the first sentence.

I do recall my posting about why new found deficit hawks want to give the reigns of govt back to the people who gave us the unfunded perscription drug mandate, but you guys ran away from that one faster than John McCain did regarding his prior support of immigration reform.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Probably because you forgot what you were reading half way through the first sentence.

I do recall my posting about why new found deficit hawks want to give the reigns of govt back to the people who gave us the unfunded perscription drug mandate, but you guys ran away from that one faster than John McCain did regarding his prior support of immigration reform.
              The unfunded prescription mandate had bipartisan support. Just to try to help you out with actual facts.
              Very well, said.
              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

The unfunded prescription mandate had bipartisan support. Just to try to help you out with actual facts.

What difference does that make. We're supposed to elect Republicans this year to balance the budget, right? Are you saying they'll be no different than before? Why elect them then?

Comment

What difference does that make. We're supposed to elect Republicans this year to balance the budget, right? Are you saying they'll be no different than before? Why elect them then?
                  you talk of giving the reigns back to those people. the Dems are in control now. how do you give the reigns back to those who are in control? Your logic fails.
                  Very well, said.
                  A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Stop looking at the Ds and Rs next to someone's name. I don't care if we vote in Democrats or Republicans, so long as someone steps up and balances the budget while addressing needed spending cuts along with deficit reductions measures. And if a minimal increase in taxes is necessary, so be it. But increased spending, deficits and government programs sure as hell ain't getting us anywhere.
                    Bruce Ciskie > PA

Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

Blizzard Drinking: Duluth's Answer to Gulf Coast Hurricane Parties

Comment

you talk of giving the reigns back to those people. the Dems are in control now. how do you give the reigns back to those who are in control? Your logic fails.
                      Again about the memory problems Bob. Need to get the staff to give you a quick check up.

Comment

Originally posted by Plante26 View Post
                        Stop looking at the Ds and Rs next to someone's name. I don't care if we vote in Democrats or Republicans, so long as someone steps up and balances the budget while addressing needed spending cuts along with deficit reductions measures. And if a minimal increase in taxes is necessary, so be it. But increased spending, deficits and government programs sure as hell ain't getting us anywhere.
                        Sounds good. Problem is there's only two parties with a chance of controlling Congress in the here and now. The leader of the current minority party wants to extend upper income tax cuts without being able to pay for them. Don't see the point of letting them do that....

Comment

Again about the memory problems Bob. Need to get the staff to give you a quick check up.
                          content lacking. try again.
                          Very well, said.
                          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

content lacking. try again.
                            You haven't yelled at any clouds lately, have you?

Comment

You haven't yelled at any clouds lately, have you?
                              When you live in Arizona, you learn to really appreciate clouds. The monsoon clouds down here this time of year are really spectacular. But no reason to yell at them. Maybe just kindly ask them for some more rain.
                              Very well, said.
                              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Now Obama hires a known sanctuary city supporter to coordinate ICE work with states and localities. This just gets better and better (or really, worse and worse).

http://blog.heritage.org/2010/08/17/...city-policies/

If only Obama supported policing our borders half as much as he supports mosques near Ground Zero.
                                Very well, said.
                                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Working...
                                X