Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRP: I'm Taking My Talents To Hartford: Remember The Whale!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TRP: I'm Taking My Talents To Hartford: Remember The Whale!

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
    What I do doesn't have any bearing on the soundness of my advice to him. He's obviously not going to get any at a friend's going away party. He might at least fall on a grenade if he goes out with bbdl.
    So let me see if I'm reading this right. I should have gone out with bbdl downtown instead of...going to a good friend's going away party (as in she is moving to Oregon) where said friend has made it a goal of hers to get me laid, I see more than anyone here, and where another friend of ours who is more successful than bbdl at getting girls was going to also be?

Your logic seems flawed to me.
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Something tells me he'll be at the next frozen four.
      Of course; we already established that he likes crappy towns and not real cities.
      Cornell University Men's Hockey
      NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
      Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
        I should have gone out with bbdl downtown instead of...going to a good friend's going away party (as in she is moving to Oregon) where said friend has made it a goal of hers to get me laid
        She's clearly been failing at that.
        I see more than anyone here, and where another friend of ours who is more successful than bbdl at getting girls was going to also be?
        How do you know the other friend is more successful? Are you keeping a running tally of the two of them?
        Your logic seems flawed to me.
        Not at all. It's a numbers game. Downtown has a LOT of women, far more than you'll see at a going away party (unless it's a gigantic party). I think due to that fact, the odds are better of you finding a grenade to fall in in Minneapolis than at a party - unless the women at said party are far drunker and have far worse judgment than those in downtown - but I doubt it.

Jhm - to be fair, Minneapolis is a real city. St. Paul's downtown is crap in the sense it isn't really a downtown - it's just a loose collection of bars/hotels without much in the way of organization. Minneapolis has block after block of bars/clubs/restaurants. Unfortunately there won't be a train connection between the two cities for another 3 years or so after this frozen four.
        Last edited by Bakunin; 07-31-2010, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Jhm - to be fair, Minneapolis is a real city. St. Paul's downtown is crap in the sense it isn't really a downtown - it's just a loose collection of bars/hotels without much in the way of organization. Minneapolis has block after block of bars/clubs/restaurants. Unfortunately there won't be a train connection between the two cities for another 3 years or so after this frozen four.
          That reminds me - is there *any* way to get from St. Paul to Minneapolis without a car? My group has tended to avoid renting them at the Frozen Four, but it'd be a shame if we stayed in St. Paul and missed out on a trip to Matt's and/or the 5-8 for Lucys. I looked at the Metro Transit webpage but there doesn't seem to be an overall system map.
          Cornell University Men's Hockey
          NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
          Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
            That reminds me - is there *any* way to get from St. Paul to Minneapolis without a car? My group has tended to avoid renting them at the Frozen Four, but it'd be a shame if we stayed in St. Paul and missed out on a trip to Matt's and/or the 5-8 for Lucys. I looked at the Metro Transit webpage but there doesn't seem to be an overall system map.
            Bus is the only non-cab way of getting to the other side of the river.

Edit: the 94 express route takes ~28 minutes and is a 7 day / week route. Better yet, it runs pretty much all day. http://www.metrotransit.org/Schedule....aspx?route=94

I don't know what all the routes are that serve downtown Minneapolis once you get over there, but there's a healthy number of them. At that point, it's probably more efficient to just hail a cab or walk.
            Last edited by Bakunin; 07-31-2010, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Bus is the only non-cab way of getting to the other side of the river.

Edit: the 94 express route takes ~28 minutes and is a 7 day / week route. Better yet, it runs pretty much all day. http://www.metrotransit.org/Schedule....aspx?route=94

I don't know what all the routes are that serve downtown Minneapolis once you get over there, but there's a healthy number of them. At that point, it's probably more efficient to just hail a cab or walk.
              And cabbing it probably wouldn't be that expensive, if you fill the cab. I'd guess around $5-6 a person, if there's 4 of you. And they do have mini-van cabs that hold 7 people, but dunno if they are more expensive.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                And cabbing it probably wouldn't be that expensive, if you fill the cab. I'd guess around $5-6 a person, if there's 4 of you. And they do have mini-van cabs that hold 7 people, but dunno if they are more expensive.
                Downtown to downtown would probably cost around $30 - depending on which part of the downtown they are coming from / going to as that will have a slight impact on overall distance. The 94 express would cost them half as much money and take only slightly longer. To me, what would make the most sense is if they took the bus into minneapolis and then cabbed back to st. paul (since the last departing bus is before 1 a.m.).

Comment

Downtown to downtown would probably cost around $30 - depending on which part of the downtown they are coming from / going to as that will have a slight impact on overall distance. The 94 express would cost them half as much money and take only slightly longer. To me, what would make the most sense is if they took the bus into minneapolis and then cabbed back to st. paul (since the last departing bus is before 1 a.m.).
                  That probably would make the most sense.

Either way, I'm thinking DT Mpls or Nordeast Mpls is a must on Fri.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

That probably would make the most sense.

Either way, I'm thinking DT Mpls or Nordeast Mpls is a must on Fri.
                    Oh Jesus, Gasthof's. My liver and Shirtless's truck are screaming already. (I've heard many good things about Psycho Suzi's too.)
                    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Thank God I don't drink.

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                        Oh Jesus, Gasthof's. My liver and Shirtless's truck are screaming already. (I've heard many good things about Psycho Suzi's too.)
                        C'mon, let's see how many casualties we can amass this time!

Comment

She's clearly been failing at that.
                          Let's be honest...Climbing Mt. Everest is an easier task...
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            Let's be honest...Climbing Mt. Everest is an easier task...
                            Not really. She could easily use her networking skills to send a desperate whore your way who's in a drunken low expectation state of mind.

Comment

Not really. She could easily use her networking skills to send a desperate whore your way who's in a drunken low expectation state of mind.
                              RStarr?

Comment

RStarr?
                                She wouldn't * him in any state of mind. I'd bet money on that.

Comment

Working...
                                X