Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRP: I'm Taking My Talents To Hartford: Remember The Whale!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TRP: I'm Taking My Talents To Hartford: Remember The Whale!

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    Right. Cuz you know it hurts so good!
    Mellencamp: great songs ruined by karoake-ists everywhere.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Whoa whoa whoa. You and I have very different definitions of "great".

Playing any of his or Tom Petty's craptastic songs, I just keep reminding myself "Free booze and we're getting paid. Free booze and we're getting paid."

Metal band also booked a show next month. Those are way more fun. We look ridiculous, but hey, it's metal. We kind of have a Cradle of Filth look on stage.
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Whoa whoa whoa. You and I have very different definitions of "great".

Playing any of his or Tom Petty's craptastic songs, I just keep reminding myself "Free booze and we're getting paid. Free booze and we're getting paid."

Metal band also booked a show next month. Those are way more fun. We look ridiculous, but hey, it's metal. We kind of have a Cradle of Filth look on stage.
        Mellencamp, to me, is a bunch of great simple feelgood songs. There's nothing remotely genius about them, you just kinda roll with 'em, and smile, and be happy. And I've heard enough beyond horrid karaoke versions of the most popular Mellencamp songs that it p*es me off (like "Hurts So Good").

It's just sorta Americana to me.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Your American can **** off.

Comment

Your American can **** off.
            You're a towel.

Go have your "SEXDRUGSSATANBAHHHHHHHHWAHHHHHUHHHHHHHHDEATHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" music.

Comment

*****http://blogs.salon.com/0001996/images/2003/03/11/towlie.jpg******

Comment

I don't even know what's goin' on anymore.

Comment

You need to make Americana metal. Blacker than the blackest black times infinity.

If these guys can do it to Haddaway, you can do it to Mellencamp.

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gqL1yJOHAbI&hl=en_US&fs=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gqL1yJOHAbI&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                    You need to make Americana metal. Blacker than the blackest black times infinity.

If these guys can do it to Haddaway, you can do it to Mellencamp.

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gqL1yJOHAbI&hl=en_US&fs=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gqL1yJOHAbI&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I need it to be next Friday. Like now.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        I will be in Grand Forks next Friday, just like I will be this Friday. Oh joy.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Next Friday is the start of weekend-long party at my college friend and his wife's new house out in Pennsylvania. So yeah, that would be a good day for it to be.
                          Cornell University Men's Hockey
                          NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                          Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                            Next Friday is the start of weekend-long party at my college friend and his wife's new house out in Pennsylvania. So yeah, that would be a good day for it to be.
                            That is when my vacation starts, as I'm going straight from work to pick my buddy (who I haven't seen in a year) up at the airport. I'm thinking some booze will be consumed that night. Just a hunch.

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                              And for me, I'll be heading from Grand Forks to Thief River Falls to go to a buddy's bachelor party, so that should be interesting.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

That is when my vacation starts, as I'm going straight from work to pick my buddy (who I haven't seen in a year) up at the airport. I'm thinking some booze will be consumed that night. Just a hunch.
                                Won't GLM be angry you're cheating on him?
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X