Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRP: I'm Taking My Talents To Hartford: Remember The Whale!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Re: TRP: I'm Taking My Talents To Hartford: Remember The Whale!

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    I'm lucky. The Liquor store is only a block away from my house while anywhere else is much farther than that.
    There's a good party store five minutes from here, but I didn't know Trader Joe's had their own brew, and I'm always looking to try new ones.

Leave a comment:

• Sloe Gin
    replied

Originally posted by pardonme View Post
    Stupid wife bought the cheapest crap she could find b/c she wanted it to make vanilla extract.
    throw her down a flight of stairs as punishment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
    Then she might want to double check her recipe since extract is usually made with clear rum.

Most vanilla available in stores is vanilla flavoring or imitation vanilla. Real vanilla extract adds incredible depth to baked goods. Plus, you get the shavings of the bean (think high-quality vanilla ice cream with the tiny black specks in it), which increases flavor.
    you're such a buzzkill.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied

Originally posted by jmh View Post
    Sure, it won't make it good, but it will make it not-as-bad.

Something I bought to drink that's cheap that is not awful: Trader Joe's store brand beer.
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I'll have to make a note of that. There is a Trader Joe's on my way home from work.
    I'm lucky. The Liquor store is only a block away from my house while anywhere else is much farther than that.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Something I bought to drink that's cheap that is not awful: Trader Joe's store brand beer.
    I'll have to make a note of that. There is a Trader Joe's on my way home from work.

Leave a comment:

• jmh
    replied

I believe Mythbusters proved that only partially correct. A professional taster correctly ordered each filtering, but everyone admitted that even sending cheap vodka through a Brita filter ten times won't magically make it respectable.
    Sure, it won't make it good, but it will make it not-as-bad.

Leave a comment:

• Beer Pong Horn
    replied

I believe Mythbusters proved that only partially correct. A professional taster correctly ordered each filtering, but everyone admitted that even sending cheap vodka through a Brita filter ten times won't magically make it respectable.
    Yup - you really need a fairly tall charcoal column to redistill it, to allow the fusel alcohols to separate properly. My roommate had one, and distilled his own alcohol on occasion. (Larry, for F2B&G's benefit)

Leave a comment:

• Lady wore Black
    replied

I'm told you can run bad vodka through a Brita filter (or something comparable) and it turns out somewhat better than it started.

So there's a standup comedian on Comedy Central now who has cerebral palsy, and his entire routine is making fun of himself. That's different.
    1) Mythbusters proved it wrong
    2) Isn't Josh Blue awesome?!

Leave a comment:

• bostonewe
    replied

Stupid wife bought the cheapest crap she could find b/c she wanted it to make vanilla extract.
    Then she might want to double check her recipe since extract is usually made with clear rum.
    That is stupid since you can buy vanilla extract already made.
    Most vanilla available in stores is vanilla flavoring or imitation vanilla. Real vanilla extract adds incredible depth to baked goods. Plus, you get the shavings of the bean (think high-quality vanilla ice cream with the tiny black specks in it), which increases flavor.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

I'm told you can run bad vodka through a Brita filter (or something comparable) and it turns out somewhat better than it started.

So there's a standup comedian on Comedy Central now who has cerebral palsy, and his entire routine is making fun of himself. That's different.
    Josh Blue

Leave a comment:

• pardonme
    replied

Is it the guy from the whole get your own show on oprah debacle? (I think his name is zach anner)

Leave a comment:

• jmh
    replied

White Russians are not as good with really really ****ty vodka.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied

Yeah yeah yeah. I assume she did it b/c its cheaper this way. This Mets-Pirates game is really boring.
    You should buy a 2nd good bottle of vodka and tell her it's actually more expensive to make at home since you had to get that new bottle for consumption.

Mets/Pirates battle for last place!

Leave a comment:

• Lady wore Black
    replied

Even I know better. Oh wait...I am a vodka drinker when I drink the hard liquor. I do have a standard. How do you think Mr. wore Black and I hooked up? Vodka is the answer.

Leave a comment:

• pardonme
    replied

Yeah yeah yeah. I assume she did it b/c its cheaper this way. This Mets-Pirates game is really boring.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X