Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRP: I'm Taking My Talents To Hartford: Remember The Whale!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TRP: I'm Taking My Talents To Hartford: Remember The Whale!

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Some guy paid my bar tab tonight. Not cool. At all.
    Gay lover?

Comment

Some guy paid my bar tab tonight. Not cool. At all.
      Talk about bittersweet.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
        Gay lover?
        I was there with a woman. My chair was facing my non-date (used to date), the opposite direction of the guy. She had full view of the guy. He was staring. A lot.

And it may not be helpful to point out, but it adds something to the scene - the guy had a severe West Texas accent, wore a tight shirt, which clearly made it known that he had both nipples pierced.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I was there with a woman. My chair was facing my non-date (used to date), the opposite direction of the guy. She had full view of the guy. He was staring. A lot.

And it may not be helpful to point out, but it adds something to the scene - the guy had a severe West Texas accent, wore a tight shirt, which clearly made it known that he had both nipples pierced.
          Hey, boy! You look mahty fine in dem jeans! And you shore got a purty mouth!
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Hey, boy! You look mahty fine in dem jeans! And you shore got a purty mouth!
            I was half curious if WTW was stalking USCHO'ers this weekend. You know, he's not online much on the weekends.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I was half curious if WTW was stalking USCHO'ers this weekend. You know, he's not online much on the weekends.
              I just spit my lemonade on my computer.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                Even past all the strip clubs outside the city? Come on.... Don't lie to us.
                Providence man, Providence. You can touch in RI.
                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

which clearly made it known that he had both nipples pierced.
                  Sounds like a swansong kind of guy.

Comment

There are no federal holidays between Independence Day and Labor Day. The period between the two, roughly two months depending on precisely when Labor Day falls in a given year, is the second longest period between federal holidays in a given year after the period between Washington's Birthday (sometimes referred to as President's Day) and Memorial Day, which clocks in at a whopping three and a half months (more or less).

No, I didn't just look at my time log and realize that I don't have any days off this month, why do you ask?
                    Cornell University Men's Hockey
                    NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                    Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

But you have this to look forward to - the gauntlet of holidays:
                      C-bus day (~1 month after labor day)
                      Vets day (~5 weeks after C-bus day)
                      Thanksgiving (2 weeks after Vets day)
                      Christmas (1 month after Thanksgiving)
                      New Years (1 week after Christmas)
                      MLK (2 weeks after New Years)
                      Presidents day (1 month after MLK)

That's a whopping seven holidays in 19 weeks - seven and a half holidays if they grant Christmas Eve as a half-holiday again.

More importantly, these are all opportunities for me to make double pay.

Comment

But you have this to look forward to - the gauntlet of holidays:
                        C-bus day (~1 month after labor day)
                        Vets day (~5 weeks after C-bus day)
                        Thanksgiving (2 weeks after Vets day)
                        Christmas (1 month after Thanksgiving)
                        New Years (1 week after Christmas)
                        MLK (2 weeks after New Years)
                        Presidents day (1 month after MLK)

That's a whopping seven holidays in 19 weeks - seven and a half holidays if they grant Christmas Eve as a half-holiday again.

More importantly, these are all opportunities for me to make double pay.
                        Best part of the year. (Also because that part of the year is hockey season.) Though Christmas is on a Saturday this year, so the 24th is a federal holiday instead, no extra half-holiday.
                        ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                        Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                          Best part of the year. (Also because that part of the year is hockey season.) Though Christmas is on a Saturday this year, so the 24th is a federal holiday instead, no extra half-holiday.
                          Does that mean you get New Years Eve as a full holiday?
                          Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                          I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                          Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Can't embed it, but it should be read
                            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                              It would appear that way, yes. (On the other hand, January 1, 2012, is a Sunday, and the federal holiday will be given January 2.)

Comment

Oh Jesus, Gasthof's. My liver and Shirtless's truck are screaming already. (I've heard many good things about Psycho Suzi's too.)
                                Yes, we will have to invade Gasthof's. This is a must for Friday night.
                                Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Sounds like something I (or shrades) would do:

(902):

Man, the last time I saw you you were giving me a thumbs up while being pulled out the bar by your belt from some girl.
                                I've been there. Houghton, DT. Buddy was sitting at the end of the bar and gave me a high-5 as the girl dragged me out.
                                It should be there. Just to be laughed at.
                                I'll bring my Jeep, if you think Brent's is bad.
                                I get the 23rd, 24th, 31st and 3rd as full holidays this year.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X