Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRP: I'm Taking My Talents To Hartford: Remember The Whale!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TRP: I'm Taking My Talents To Hartford: Remember The Whale!

Originally posted by jmh View Post
    Hmm. Glancing through this, it seems to me that it fails to distinguish between regional terminology (e.g., apparently in New Orleans they call cottage cheese "cream cheese"; some places the thing you drink water out of on a playground or in school is called a "water fountain" and some places it's called a "bubbler") and items that only exist in a particular region (e.g., there's only one word, albeit with alternate spellings, for "lutefisk", it's just that lutefisk is generally only made in the Upper Midwest; an "egg cream" is a drink that's not widely known outside the NYC area, as far as I'm aware, but it's not that it's known by different names elsewhere, it's just not made elsewhere). Those, two me, are separate things, and this dictionary appears to consider them to be the same.

Also, egg creams are tasty.
    *ing bubblers.

Also, they are. One of the local Jewish delis makes egg creams.
    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
      *ing bubblers.

Also, they are. One of the local Jewish delis makes egg creams.
      I don't care what anyone says...it is a bubbler!

Today at work, I received an email from a customer that is in Canada and they had a revision on their order that is suppose to be different from their toque. I did not know that toque is Canadian for knit cap. Then speaking with the customer today on the phone, I swear that I was talking to Bob and Doug McKensie.
      Originally posted by Skeeterman
      Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
      "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        My fave is still and always will be No Rest for the Wicked. And it's hard to believe that Ozzy had such phenomenal guitar players throughout his solo career. Can you think of any other frontman that can say they had the caliber of Rhoads, Lee, and Wylde playing for them? I can't.
        Add to that list the current guitarist Gus G. He comes from a more extreme metal background, but he's absolutely amazing. He won't get a chance to write anything memorable with Ozzy, but he's absolutely deserving of the job.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
          this is why no one likes you
          Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
            this is why no one likes you
            You think I didn't know that already!? I don't like you either!
            "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Today at work, I received an email from a customer that is in Canada and they had a revision on their order that is suppose to be different from their toque. I did not know that toque is Canadian for knit cap. Then speaking with the customer today on the phone, I swear that I was talking to Bob and Doug McKensie.
              McKenzie. And that's terrible that you didn't know what a toque (pronounce "took," long o sound) was.

TGIMFF.

10 hour shift today. Started at 8. Set my alarm for 6:30. Woke up at 7, because apparently I hit the snooze button 3 times (no recollection of this). Sorry I missed the Friday announcement.

How busy is work? Today was 100% OT for 3 different workers (all 10 hour shifts today), I was on OT time starting at about 1, along with 3 others. We're taking bets on whether or not DHead Boss (on vacation this week) chews out Cool Boss about the OT (despite Head Boss having Cool Boss' side, given that he was actually here this week).
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                McKenzie. And that's terrible that you didn't know what a toque (pronounce "took," long o sound) was.

TGIMFF.

10 hour shift today. Started at 8. Set my alarm for 6:30. Woke up at 7, because apparently I hit the snooze button 3 times (no recollection of this). Sorry I missed the Friday announcement.

How busy is work? Today was 100% OT for 3 different workers (all 10 hour shifts today), I was on OT time starting at about 1, along with 3 others. We're taking bets on whether or not DHead Boss (on vacation this week) chews out Cool Boss about the OT (despite Head Boss having Cool Boss' side, given that he was actually here this week).
                I researched it before I called the customer to understand what the hell he was saying. I asked 4 other people at work and they didn't know what it was. We have massive failure at work. I speak Wisconsin and partial Minnesotan. I fail at Canadian. Mr. wore Black on the other hand....I swear he is one Rush song away from being Canadian.

Comment

I researched it before I called the customer to understand what the hell he was saying. I asked 4 other people at work and they didn't know what it was. We have massive failure at work. I speak Wisconsin and partial Minnesotan. I fail at Canadian. Mr. wore Black on the other hand....I swear he is one Rush song away from being Canadian.
                  He and one of my buddies should hang out. Buddy flies a Canadian flag, had everyone sing O Canada in church at his wedding, and he isn't Canadian. Just loves hockey.

Toque, backbacon, jelly (short for jelly donut).....

JFC. Have you never seen Strange Brew?! It's a visual manual to the Canadian language!
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

He and one of my buddies should hang out. Buddy flies a Canadian flag, had everyone sing O Canada in church at his wedding, and he isn't Canadian. Just loves hockey.

Toque, backbacon, jelly (short for jelly donut).....

JFC. Have you never seen Strange Brew?! It's a visual manual to the Canadian language!
                    It has been awhile since I have seen Strange Brew.

Wisconsin has rubbed off on me, again. When we lived in MN, we had a Canadian Flag hanging in our living room.

Comment

Your buddy sounds like tCBG. (except the wedding part, he hasn't had a wedding)
                      Orginally Posted by Sloe Gin - Legal is the Queen of the board.

Race Diva and "Ruler of the South"

Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1
                      I must say that I was impressed by the amount of alcohol she coud handle.

Originally posted by Markt
                      That almost lifts the sadness of realizing just how far out of my league Legal is. Almost.

Comment

Originally posted by legal_hit View Post
                        Your buddy sounds like tCBG. (except the wedding part, he hasn't had a wedding)
                        Scary.

Comment

Brent and mns are being lame tonight.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            How is that any different from how they normally are?

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              Work like I work, and have a big vacation with possibilities. Then re-assess. So * you.

Bring it, scooter. I'll beat you like a red headed stepchild.

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                                (e.g., apparently in New Orleans they call cottage cheese "cream cheese"

Then what do they call cream cheese?
                                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Working...
                                X