Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: new/rented movies: DEVASTATOR!!!!!

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
    An old-time classic came up on our Netflix queue - Touch of Evil with Chuck Heston. Anybody seen it? Orson Welles starred and directed - very interesting story of how the studio took apart what Welles did.
    Yep, seen it. This is one of the many film noir's I went through in a 6 month period. There are still many more for me to see. The atmosphere of that film is very dark and it uses the viewers imagination (kind of like psycho did) to portray one of the crimes that are commited (don't want to give anything away). Very well acted as well with old time star Marlene Dietrich in a supporting role.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Tarantino? :yawn:

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Yep, seen it. This is one of the many film noir's I went through in a 6 month period. There are still many more for me to see. The atmosphere of that film is very dark and it uses the viewers imagination (kind of like psycho did) to portray one of the crimes that are commited (don't want to give anything away). Very well acted as well with old time star Marlene Dietrich in a supporting role.
        And Zsa Zsa Gabor, but I didn't recognize her.
        Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Tarantino? :yawn:
          Tarantino is one of my favorites. You say tomato...........

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
          And Zsa Zsa Gabor, but I didn't recognize her.
          I did. I remember her being in there now.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

That film is on the must see list with Tarantino's new flick. Diablo Cody (Juno) wrote the screenplay for it.
            You are kidding right? That movie looks so brutally horrible that words truly escape me! Christ the preview isnt even worth the minute I spent watching it before The Goods. I don't care who wrote it, it looks horrible and completely uninteresting. (unless you are going to pay 8 bucks to stare at Megan Fox...yawn)
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Tarantino? :yawn:
              Ya know we may not always agree but this is something I can back up completely
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                You are kidding right? That movie looks so brutally horrible that words truly escape me! Christ the preview isnt even worth the minute I spent watching it before The Goods. I don't care who wrote it, it looks horrible and completely uninteresting. (unless you are going to pay 8 bucks to stare at Megan Fox...yawn)
                From what I've read about it the script (writing) for the film is phenomenal. Juno was great. You may not care who wrote it, but I do.

Comment

Ummm...it doesn't matter how good the script is if the idiots acting it out can't act and while I know Megan Fox is HAUT!!!1!!!!1!1!! my lord listening to her say her lines in the preview (along with the other actress who is equally as bad) is painful at best!
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Ummm...it doesn't matter how good the script is if the idiots acting it out can't act and while I know Megan Fox is HAUT!!!1!!!!1!1!! my lord listening to her say her lines in the preview (along with the other actress who is equally as bad) is painful at best!
                    We'll see. I can't invalidate your concern, but I'm willing to give the movie a shot just because of the writer.

I love Tarantino. I guess he's a lot like the rock band KISS. You either love 'em or hate 'em. Can't wait for their new album coming October.

Comment

Amanda Seyfried. I don't think she's that bad.

Comment

Ooh. The teaser trailer for Inception will be attached to Inglourious Basterds.
                        Last edited by The Paragon of Virtue; 08-19-2009, 11:57 AM.

Comment

We'll see. I can't invalidate your concern, but I'm willing to give the movie a shot just because of the writer.

I love Tarantino. I guess he's a lot like the rock band KISS. You either love 'em or hate 'em. Can't wait for their new album coming October.
                          Well I do like KISS although I doubt I will buy their new album
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Well I do like KISS although I doubt I will buy their new album
                            Getting great reviews.

Comment

That film is on the must see list with Tarantino's new flick. Diablo Cody (Juno) wrote the screenplay for it.
                              Agree with you completely.
                              BigPieps: Nathan > few million others
                              BigPieps: Once again, Nathan speaks the truth.
                              GreatLakerMohawk: Bill Smith is a ******.
                              GreatLakerMohawk: Why do you question Nathan? He knows what's up. F-cking listen already.
                              GreatLakerMohawk: Nathan appears to be the only smart one here. Again.

Join us for Wild Discussion at Hockey Wilderness.

Comment

Vampires, lesbians, Megan Fox, and Diablo Cody. If that doesn't scream "taking advantage of current trends", I don't know what does.
                                Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                                -Fred Shero

Comment

Working...
                                X