Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: new/rented movies: DEVASTATOR!!!!!

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
    YOur in phoenix? We should hang out..haha
    Going to the DBacks/Mets game today. 6 rows behind the Mets dugout.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      Now, I'm sure big GI Joe fans hated the movie because from what I've heard they didn't follow the story line very closely.
      There was a story line to the original cartoons? Wasn't it pretty much just "Cobra tries to take over the world, GI Joe stops them, rinse, repeat"?
      Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
      -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
        There was a story line to the original cartoons? Wasn't it pretty much just "Cobra tries to take over the world, GI Joe stops them, rinse, repeat"?
        As I recall, in the comics Cobra Commander's backstory involved him being a former used car salesman. High concept stuff there.

Comment

Pretty much, Hell, about the only time they they really had much of a plot change was like that one two part episode where the Joes and Cobra team up to take out that drug dealer with a mountain fortress. And hell, Cobra was only in it for the chance to take the Dealers money so they could finance their next crazy hairbrain idea. That and they didn't like the idea of their future subjects being hooked on something that they didn't control.
          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

And at the end, everyone learns a valuable lesson.

YO JOE!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post

YO JOE!
              There's no Shipwreck or Snow Job in the movie. The homosexual undertones are cut WAY back I guess.
              R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post

YO JOE!
                And knowing becomes a certain fraction of the battle. I can't remember the details, I think it was something in the range of 2/3 or 3/4 but it's been awhile.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                  Yeah, only movies made about comic book characters have deep story lines and rich characters.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    And knowing becomes a certain fraction of the battle. I can't remember the details, I think it was something in the range of 2/3 or 3/4 but it's been awhile.
                    Knowing is 7/13's divided by pi of the battle?

Is Roadblock in this? Does he talk in rhyme? Is Bazooka incredibly stupid? These are the things we need to know!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

People who liked Transformers and Ironman should like this movie all the same.
                      This is a bad comparison. Ironman was great, both transformers sucked ***, and GI Joe was a live action version of the cartoon. Unlike transformers it didn't seem to try and be anything but action.

It was fun, but nothing really there, and some of the action required you to follow the rule of cool. (If it looks cool enough, it doesn't matter that it makes no sense) Cobra commanders mask looks terrible, what's wrong with this? They didn't have to use the hood, not like the guy who's going to wipe 4 cities off the map is better than the KKK anyways. Destro was good though, if a little fake looking.

I'm not really sure how they screwed this gun up during the assault on the Joe base. Duke empties it like it was an assault rifle, complete with the same sound effect for the assault rifles. When it's so much more awesome as an automatic shotgun.

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p4ebtj1jR7c&hl=en&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p4ebtj1jR7c&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Comment

Yeah, CC's mask sucked in the movie. Something more like the helmet with the mirror faceshield would have worked a lot better.

Went and saw Bruno last night. Well worth the 50 cents I spent for it at the theature at Briarwood Mall. Normally its like 2 bucks there, but on Mondays its 50 cents. Just so distubingly wrong that its funny. Really liked where they're handcuffed together and go past the WBC there.
                        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Funny People may be the worst movie I've ever seen.
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

the worst movie I've ever seen.
                            I could recommend some for you.

Go watch Highlander 2 or Jaws: The Revenge.

Comment

Jaws: 3D is way worse than Jaws: The Revenge...Highlander 2 was terrible!
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Jaws: 3D is way worse than Jaws: The Revenge...Highlander 2 was terrible!
                                Jaws 4 was f-cking terrible. Jaws 3 at least has actual stars in it and a hilariously bad scene with Jaws busting through glass.
                                R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X