Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: new/rented movies: DEVASTATOR!!!!!

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    You are assuming there will be a sequel
    Its set up too well to not have one. It wouldn't be that big of a streach for CC and Destro to get out of jail, head back to some super secret base they have as a hideaway, and then start cooking up a plan to take over the world, you know, like what they always had in every episode of GI Joe.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
      Its set up too well to not have one.
      The point was that you're assuming it will be successful enough to warrant a sequel, not that the plot sets up for one.

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
        The point was that you're assuming it will be successful enough to warrant a sequel, not that the plot sets up for one.
        Do you really think thats going to stop somebody from doing a sequal to GI Joe?? How many bad Wayans brothers movies have there been made??? I tell ya, that family has got some dirt on somebody in Hollywood, somebody big.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
          Do you really think thats going to stop somebody from doing a sequal to GI Joe?? How many bad Wayans brothers movies have there been made??? I tell ya, that family has got some dirt on somebody in Hollywood, somebody big.
          Those movies don't cost $175 million.

Comment

And nobody really wanted to see them made either.

It just happens.

Comment

Anyway, G.I. Joe made $22.3 million Friday

Comment

I don't get the hype behind True Romance. It was okay, I guess. Sizemore/Penn were the highlights, IMO.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Congratulations...want a cookie?
                  only if its a subway double chocolate!
                  UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                  NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                  Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

I could get 40 of my friends together to make an unfunny parody movie. Cost of the movie would be enough booze to keep my editor and the "actors" entertained. We'd make millions.
                    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                      I could get 40 of my friends together to make an unfunny parody movie. Cost of the movie would be enough booze to keep my editor and the "actors" entertained. We'd make millions.
                      I'm in.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Just saw GI Joe in Phoenix today and dang did they ever find attractive females for this! Scarlett, the Baroness, and even Hawk's blonde assistant that gets kiled entirely too early were gorgeous

Other than that, lots of good action. A few dull points but they had just enough of Dennis Quaid where you didnt get tired of the fact he's not that good of an actor. I was uneasy about that before going to see it.

People who liked Transformers and Ironman should like this movie all the same. I dont know how they could possibly not make a sequel. They set it up beautifully and have plenty of loose ends to deal with.

I liked how they did the flashbacks and told the backstory for how some of the characters became who they are and why they are fighting for the side they are.

Well executed movie for someone who didnt watch all that much of GI Joe but still got the jist of what the series was about. Now, I'm sure big GI Joe fans hated the movie because from what I've heard they didn't follow the story line very closely.

Oh yeah...Sienna Miller is Hot
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          Anyone seen Funny People yet?

I'm the fence on whether or not I'm going to go see it and was looking for some input.
                          Saw it today. It was loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong. Would have worked better as a 13 week mini series. Seth Rogen is so unappealing and those sideburns were distracting.

Judd Apatow's daughters are adorable though.

Comment

Just saw GI Joe in Phoenix today and dang did they ever find attractive females for this! Scarlett, the Baroness, and even Hawk's blonde assistant that gets kiled entirely too early were gorgeous

Other than that, lots of good action. A few dull points but they had just enough of Dennis Quaid where you didnt get tired of the fact he's not that good of an actor. I was uneasy about that before going to see it.

People who liked Transformers and Ironman should like this movie all the same. I dont know how they could possibly not make a sequel. They set it up beautifully and have plenty of loose ends to deal with.

I liked how they did the flashbacks and told the backstory for how some of the characters became who they are and why they are fighting for the side they are.

Well executed movie for someone who didnt watch all that much of GI Joe but still got the jist of what the series was about. Now, I'm sure big GI Joe fans hated the movie because from what I've heard they didn't follow the story line very closely.

Oh yeah...Sienna Miller is Hot
                            YOur in phoenix? We should hang out..haha
                            UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                            NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                            Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Nice spoiler, wingus. That had better not be Cover Girl.
                              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                                Nice spoiler, wingus. That had better not be Cover Girl.
                                Well, its not like she gets any good lines, or even a good eye candy outfit. Her look is pretty conservative.

It just happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X