Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: new/rented movies: DEVASTATOR!!!!!

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I watched Tropic Thunder...beyond Tom Cruise and Mathew McConahooweveryouspellit I thought the movie was rather lame and really not that funny at all. In fact it was everything I hate about Jack Black and Ben Stiller combined into one film.

I mean I understand why I am supposed to like it but I found it to be boring and a waste of the time it took to watch it.
    i disagree whole heartedly
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
      i disagree whole heartedly
      Congratulations...want a cookie?
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I liked Woody Allen's new film, "Whatever Works". Just saw it last night. Some very funny lines.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I watched Tropic Thunder...beyond Tom Cruise and Mathew McConahooweveryouspellit I thought the movie was rather lame and really not that funny at all. In fact it was everything I hate about Jack Black and Ben Stiller combined into one film.

I mean I understand why I am supposed to like it but I found it to be boring and a waste of the time it took to watch it.
          How do you talk about that movie without mentioning the awesomeness that is Robert Downey Jr.?

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
            How do you talk about that movie without mentioning the awesomeness that is Robert Downey Jr.?
            What about him...his part was complex and he played it well...doesn't change the fact that I didn't find him that funny In fact the real black guy was much funnier
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Finally got to see Let the Right One In, and loved it. Wonderful and haunting movie.

As per usual in the case of movies like this, I am not at all looking forward to the remake that will come out next year.

Comment

Saw G.I. JOE last night, pretty good flick. As much as they changed from the series, I think the changes worked for making it a more modern telling of the rise of Cobra. You don't see Cobra Commander until the end, and I think it was an excellent ideal of them to keep him out of all the previews. Didn't exactly have the greatest mask there, but that something that could be easily fixed in the sequal. You see him earlier in the movie, and you wouldn't suspect him to be CC, but now as I kinda look back on it, it makes total sense to have him be CC. But I won't give it away who he is for everybody who hasn't seen it yet. It had its cheese moments, but lets not kid ourselves, the series was pretty cheesy to begin with anyways.
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Ok, 'ewe. If you want to know what happened at the end of Lost in Austen, shoot me a rep and I'll return the favor.
                  BigPieps: Nathan > few million others
                  BigPieps: Once again, Nathan speaks the truth.
                  GreatLakerMohawk: Bill Smith is a ******.
                  GreatLakerMohawk: Why do you question Nathan? He knows what's up. F-cking listen already.
                  GreatLakerMohawk: Nathan appears to be the only smart one here. Again.

Join us for Wild Discussion at Hockey Wilderness.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                    Saw G.I. JOE last night, pretty good flick. As much as they changed from the series, I think the changes worked for making it a more modern telling of the rise of Cobra. You don't see Cobra Commander until the end, and I think it was an excellent ideal of them to keep him out of all the previews. Didn't exactly have the greatest mask there, but that something that could be easily fixed in the sequal. You see him earlier in the movie, and you wouldn't suspect him to be CC, but now as I kinda look back on it, it makes total sense to have him be CC. But I won't give it away who he is for everybody who hasn't seen it yet. It had its cheese moments, but lets not kid ourselves, the series was pretty cheesy to begin with anyways.
                    You are assuming there will be a sequel
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

You are assuming there will be a sequel
                      Getting the Friday estimates tomorrow will probably give an idea of the chances.

Based upon very little, I think it has a better than 50:50 chance of making enough to get a sequel greenlit.

Comment

Getting the Friday estimates tomorrow will probably give an idea of the chances.
                        According to the Star Diaper, the movie was not available to critics for advanced reviews. Not a good sign.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          According to the Star Diaper, the movie was not available to critics for advanced reviews. Not a good sign.
                          I don't really think it's much of a sign of anything, but could hurt the movie more than letting critics savage it. Everyone knew this would be a movie critics would hate months ago. Bad reviews weren't going to hurt whatever this movie is going to do (Transformers 2 certainly demonstrated that this summer), but not screening it for critics could make Paramount look unconfident in the movie, thus making the public more wary of it.

This also breaks Ghost Riders record for most expensive movie not to be screened for critics.

Comment

I don't really think it's much of a sign of anything, but could hurt the movie more than letting critics savage it. Everyone knew this would be a movie critics would hate months ago. Bad reviews weren't going to hurt whatever this movie is going to do (Transformers 2 certainly demonstrated that this summer), but not screening it for critics could make Paramount look unconfident in the movie, thus making the public more wary of it.
                            This also breaks Ghost Riders record for most expensive movie not to be screened for critics.
                            The bolded is how I feel. I don't care what the critics say, but when a movie (especially one like this) is held out, I start to wonder, ya know?

And Ghost Rider wasn't bad, but it wasn't great at all.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              The bolded is how I feel. I don't care what the critics say, but when a movie (especially one like this) is held out, I start to wonder, ya know?
                              And that's why you should just screw it and hope you've got a critic proof movie.

The only movies that can get away with no advanced screenings are bad horror movies. They're going to make $20-$40 million no matter what.

Comment

And that's why you should just screw it and hope you've got a critic proof movie.

The only movies that can get away with no advanced screenings are bad horror movies. They're going to make $20-$40 million no matter what.
                                Oh, I'll see it, prob on rental (the rental part hasn't changed) but it might have changed my expectations of the movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X