Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched The Soloist yesterday. Very, very good.

Comment

• Re: new/rented movies: DEVASTATOR!!!!!

Started on the remade Prisoner. Very different from the original (Namibia?) despite surface similarities but still interesting. Hopefully it won't just be another tedious "incoherence equals profundity" Lost clone.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...arry-potter-/1

Daniel Radcliffe is going to get naked in the next Harry Potter film.

What?!

Director David Yates tells The Telegraphthat in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows there will be a a "very ****" love scene in which Radcliffe might appear nude alongside co-star Emma Watson.

"Dan has appeared nude in the past," Yates told The Telegraph. "There are a couple of scenes in the new film in which he will undress, but we're still thinking about how we present it."
        OK, I haven't read a single page of a single HP book, but somehow I'm willing to bet that's not in any of them...

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          http://content.usatoday.com/communit...arry-potter-/1

OK, I haven't read a single page of a single HP book, but somehow I'm willing to bet that's not in any of them...
          Actually, the character is nude in a couple scenes in the books, but never in the context mentioned in that quote.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            Actually, the character is nude in a couple scenes in the books, but never in the context mentioned in that quote.
            I would have to wonder if that's for when Harry and Ron try to destroy the locket - the soul of Voldemort tries to convince Ron that Harry and Hermione have been hooking up since Ron left. I don't think the book is that explicit about it, but maybe they want to make it more unnerving for Ron in the movie.

Other than that, I can't imagine why Harry and Hermione would be naked together in any sort of love scene, unless they've drastically changed the story (which, I suppose, is entirely possible).
            Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
            -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
              I would have to wonder if that's for when Harry and Ron try to destroy the locket - the soul of Voldemort tries to convince Ron that Harry and Hermione have been hooking up since Ron left. I don't think the book is that explicit about it, but maybe they want to make it more unnerving for Ron in the movie.

Other than that, I can't imagine why Harry and Hermione would be naked together in any sort of love scene, unless they've drastically changed the story (which, I suppose, is entirely possible).
              I thought the same thing, but, like you said, I don't think the book ever took it that far during Ron's mental torture in that scene.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Wesley Willis: Daddy Of Rock'n'Roll:

Marketed as a documentary, it's more of some sort of indie/student film. Basically a couple people with handheld cameras, following him around for a while, seeing what makes him tick, the people around him, etc. Very short (actual movie is only 50 minutes long, but there's a ton of extras). No commentary either, the director justs asks questions along the way.

While I didn't really learn too many new things (big fan of his, so I've learned about him over the years), it is a nice snapshot for people who are curious about him. One thing I did like is that they showed how he writes his songs/gets his ideas. It's really simple, obviously (due to his chronic schizophrenia), but still interesting how he latches on to certain things and how his mind works.

They do play a lot of snippets of his songs for the soundtrack, of course, and they show a good "range" of his songs throughout.

I'd say it's worth giving it a view.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

He was naked in Equus and ever broodsow had an orgasm. It's the only way he's going to get work until his 15 minutes are up. Which is pretty much now.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

DR was naked in Equus and every brood sow had an orgasm. It's the only way he's going to get work until his 15 minutes are up. Which is pretty much now.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      He was naked in Equus and ever broodsow had an orgasm. It's the only way he's going to get work until his 15 minutes are up. Which is pretty much now.
                      Unless his HP deal is terrible, I gotta imagine that he'll only have to work if he wants to keep acting. I'm pretty sure the three main stars can retire based on these 7(8) movies.
                      Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                      -Fred Shero

Comment

Requiem for a Dream.

Um...don't do drugs.

That was a strange but very well done movie. The use of repetition, the gradual changes made to each character as they move along their downward spirals, and a lot of interesting camera work. Ellen Burstyn did a fantastic job.

Comment

Saw Iron Man last night. Definitely one of the better superhero movies out there. The difference between that and Transformers 2 was night and day.

Comment

Just saw a preview for 'Tooth Fairy' coming out Jan 22. The Rock plays a hockey enforcer named 'Tooth', with a nice stunt of a boarding thru the plexiglass.

I wouldnt call him a fairy, to his face altho he resembles Jeter

Comment

Originally posted by whatever View Post
                              Just saw a preview for 'Tooth Fairy' coming out Jan 22. The Rock plays a hockey enforcer named 'Tooth', with a nice stunt of a boarding thru the plexiglass.

I wouldnt call him a fairy, to his face altho he resembles Jeter
                              That looks incredibly awful, it'll make The Game Plan look like Citizen Kane.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Saw the Ed Norton Hulk movie. Way better than Ang Lee's version.
                                Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Working...
                                X