Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: new/rented movies: DEVASTATOR!!!!!

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
    Saw Pirate Radio this afternoon, and really dug it.
    Good to hear. It looked entertaining, but (not that I really consider them) it got some bad reviews.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

New Moon breaks The Dark Knight's record for biggest opening day.

Huh.

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
        No comment.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          No comment.
          Thank god.

Comment

This country must have more teenage girls than we thought. Someone alert Painted Bandit!

(It's nice for the shoe to be on the other foot for a change!)
            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

I just threw up all over my keyboard. How can such terrible fiction make so much money? As a species, humans should be embarrassed.

Edit

And a brief comparison between the Southern Vampire Mysteries "True Blood" and Twilight, the former coming out before Twilight.

SVM First Book (May 2001)
              - Lonely out of place female who's special in some way meets mysterious vampire and starts a relationship with him.

Twilight Book 1 (October 2005)
              - Same as above except they're bound by mormon values and there's no sex, and the violence is minimal.

SVM Second Book (March 2002)
              - Vampire has to leave and do something, leaving the main female to spend time with a werewolf who's interested in her, even though she pines for the vampire and ultimately returns to him.

Twilight Book 2 (September 2006)
              - Same as above

Got the idea in a dream my ***. (My neice was over and wouldn't shut up about it.)
              Last edited by Foxton; 11-21-2009, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                This country must have more teenage girls than we thought. Someone alert Painted Bandit!

(It's nice for the shoe to be on the other foot for a change!)
                What, so you can take his throwaways?

Saw the white text, I don't care.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  What, so you can take his throwaways?

Saw the white text, I don't care.
                  I seen what he's keeping...what will the throwaways be like?

There's no actual need for this text.
                  St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                    I seen what he's keeping...what will the throwaways be like?

There's no actual need for this text.
                    Would it really matter, considering it's you?

And Twilight should burn in hell. /Topic

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
                      SVM Second Book (March 2002)
                      - Vampire has to leave and do something, leaving the main female to spend time with a werewolf who's interested in her, even though she pines for the vampire and ultimately returns to him.
                      That's actually the third book in the Sookie Stackhouse series, or, as you're calling it, the Sourthern Vampire Mysteries. In the second book she goes to Dallas to help locate a missing vampire.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
                        Saw Pirate Radio this afternoon, and really dug it.
                        I loved it...saw it Friday Night and was very happy I put money down on it.

Was not happy to be at the theater though...the only people more idotic that the kids who were going to see New Moon were the adults there to see it. Whether they were going with their kids or going to drool at younger people I just wanted to punch them all in the face! Especially the morons who drive .2mph in the parking lot slamming on their brakes everytime they see a spot that has a compact car in it thinking it is open! Hey mouthbreather, if 10 cars in front of you just drove by that spot it is a good bet IT ISNT AN OPEN SPOT!

I never thought anything would surpass my annoyance with Zombies but Vampires and Werewolves have done it! Plus Underworld >>>>>> Twilight
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          That's actually the third book in the Sookie Stackhouse series, or, as you're calling it, the Sourthern Vampire Mysteries. In the second book she goes to Dallas to help locate a missing vampire.
                          Whoops you are correct about the order, which adds a year to the release date.

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          I never thought anything would surpass my annoyance with Zombies but Vampires and Werewolves have done it! Plus Underworld >>>>>> Twilight
                          Let's be honest here, Twilight has no vampires.

*****http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1424/36529057.gif******
                          Last edited by Foxton; 11-22-2009, 08:16 AM.

Comment

That was awesome!

It isn't just about Twilight though...its True Blood and Vampire Diaries and lord knows what else will come around to include the greatness that is EMO Vampires. I think I liked it better when vampires were brooding gay dudes (Interview With the Vampire) than emo punks who just need to be loved like they are today
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

That was awesome!

It isn't just about Twilight though...its True Blood and Vampire Diaries and lord knows what else will come around to include the greatness that is EMO Vampires. I think I liked it better when vampires were brooding gay dudes (Interview With the Vampire) than emo punks who just need to be loved like they are today
                              Let the Right One In is a good movie.

Comment

That was awesome!

I have next to no knowledge about either Twilight or Vampire Diaries, but the majority of vamps in the Sookie Stackhouse novels (True Blood's source material) are cold and calculating. The exception being Vampire Bill, who becomes less and less a focus of the stories as the series goes on.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X