Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: new/rented movies: DEVASTATOR!!!!!

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
    Saw the Men Who Stare at Goats and, honestly, I was expecting more. it had funny parts, but overall I thought it was pretty bad...
    I was a bit let down by it, given the cast of the film and all. It was enjoyable but the final 20 minutes or so were a bit of a drag. The humor was pretty dry which doesn't always go over well.
    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Finally got around to seeing Star Trek. (The new one.) Pretty good. Always nice to see Nimoy.
      Cornell University Men's Hockey
      NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
      Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
        Finally got around to seeing Star Trek. (The new one.) Pretty good. Always nice to see Nimoy.
        I'm gonna see if Netflix rewards the new members. I put that movie at the top of my queue (I've only been an official member for about a month). If they don't send it, oh well. I've got a crapton amount of movies on my list anyway.

I'm hopefully getting "The Savages" tomorrow, I'm really pumped to see that one.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Quickie Netflix shout-out (good a place as any): it appears they now have all the MST3K episodes available for instant (streamed) viewing.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
            Got it from Amazon on Monday (hurray for release day shipping that arrives before release day). Definitely an enjoyable movie, up there with Kahn and First Contact as the best of the bunch. Particularly enjoyed the new Bones and the new Scotty.

Spoiler:Still don't like them killing off Spock's mother. I know it's a whole alternate universe thing, but comeon, it's Spock's mom!

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Quickie Netflix shout-out (good a place as any): it appears they now have all the MST3K episodes available for instant (streamed) viewing.
              Oh man... Now I'm going to have to sign up for Netflix.
              R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                Me too. Just saw they added support for the ps3, so it may be time to bite the bullet.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  I dont know. I just checked and only saw about 8 of them available for instant watch. Its the same ones that have avialable the past month or two.

However the first few seasons of SNL are available on instant watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                    I dont know. I just checked and only saw about 8 of them available for instant watch. Its the same ones that have avialable the past month or two.
                    I just noticed that too -- I swear last night it was all of them; maybe they had a little licensing mix-up.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

i forgot how funny showgirls is...
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                        Honestly, even if you sign up for the most expensive plan ($19 for 3 out at any time/unlimited per month), if you watch 4 movies/selections a MONTH, it's more than paid for (around here it's $45/rental IIRC).

I held out as long as I could, and finally decided that I was missing out/had missed out on too many movies, since I don't have HBO/etc and * Blockbuster and their non-rated movie policy.

EDIT: SWEEEET!!! They have "Wesley Willis: Daddy Of Rock'n'Roll"!!!!! Oh yeah, that's moving up to the top of the ol' queue!!!! Hell. Yes.
                        Last edited by The Rube; 11-19-2009, 10:24 PM.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          ... and * Blockbuster and their non-rated movie policy.
                          What's this about? Are you talking about user ratings or moves that never received an MPAA rating?
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            What's this about? Are you talking about user ratings or moves that never received an MPAA rating?
                            AFAIK, Blockbuster won't carry NR movies (aimed mainly at "Director's Cuts" or movies that went NR because otherwise they'd be NC-17). They never rented out NC-17. * that. It's bs. If I'm wrong, then I apologize.

Comment

Hilarious!:

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movi...ub-bluray.html

Comment

Saw Pirate Radio this afternoon, and really dug it.

Comment

Working...
                                X