Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Role Models had moments, but they blew the chance to make the "Beth" scene far better and at the end of the movie I didn't feel all that satisfied for one reason or another.

Comment

• Re: new/rented movies: DEVASTATOR!!!!!

Originally posted by Derek Dunning View Post
      I rented I love you man the other day and was surprised at how much I ended up liking it.
      Me too. My wife had to drag me to both that and that Vegas honeymoon movie from the summer, and I wound up liking them both. Nothing in the trailers suggested they'd be anything more than the usual formula dreck. So, good on them.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Me too. My wife had to drag me to both that and that Vegas honeymoon movie from the summer, and I wound up liking them both. Nothing in the trailers suggested they'd be anything more than the usual formula dreck. So, good on them.
        Which begs the question, why is it so freaking hard to create a non-formulaic trailer that makes you want to watch pretty much any movie?

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
          Which begs the question, why is it so freaking hard to create a non-formulaic trailer that makes you want to watch pretty much any movie?
          Trailers are like political ads -- if you have finite resources, who are you going to pitch to: the 1-in-10 discerning or the 9-in-10 moronic?
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

"The Hangover"? Technically that was a bachelor party, not a honeymoon.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              Technically that was a bachelor party, not a honeymoon.
              There's a difference?
              "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                "The Hangover"? Technically that was a bachelor party, not a honeymoon.
                Yes, I was conflating it with Honeymoon in Vegas for some reason.
                Cornell University

Comment

Yes, I was conflating it with Honeymoon in Vegas for some reason.
                  Here's how you can tell the difference: The Hangover didn't suck.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

So they turned a great book about football into a crappy movie about Sandra Bullock?
                    Cornell University Men's Hockey
                    NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                    Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

• Saw Paranormal Activity last night. The camera shake was annoying but all in all I enjoyed the slow build. It was similar to Blair Witch for me - I imagined myself in the situation of the characters (which unlike in slasher movies seemed potentially realistic) and in that regard it added to the suspense I felt while watching.

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                      .... crappy movie about Sandra Bullock?
                      Flagged for redundancy.

Comment

Indy Jones/Skull:

Uh, what the * was with the last third of the movie?! The beginning is classic Indy style, a good mix of action/story/comedy. Then, when the meat of the movie arrives, I get a bunch of suddenly-trained monkeys and mutant ants. I just about shut it off there, but by that time I had to see how bad the ending could be. And it was bad. I didn't mind the whole alien thing, it's not like the other movies didn't have paranormal stuff, but it was like they asked Michael Bay for pointers on how to make the Indy series better.

And so help me, if Shia is gonna continue the series, I won't even bother. The only good thing I can say about him is that he wasn't THAT annoying in this movie.

Honestly, they probably shouldn't have bothered with this one. Just let a great franchise alone, and don't mar it with this crap.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Honestly, they probably shouldn't have bothered with this one. Just let a great franchise alone, and don't mar it with this crap.
                          I blame George Lucas.

I mean, look at his track record.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Indy Jones/Skull:

And so help me, if Shia is gonna continue the series, I won't even bother. The only good thing I can say about him is that he wasn't THAT annoying in this movie.

Hell, I honestly expected Shia to put on a NY Yankees hat and go, "Okie Dokie Docta Jones!!"
                            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

We watched "Last Tango in Paris" last night. The GF had, surprisingly, never seen it. The "butter scene" was a bit shocking (?) to her. Excellent movie IMO.
                              "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

I watched Chicago Friday night before the tape delay of the Gopher game. Liked it a lot more than I thought I would. However, Ginger Rogers performance as Roxie Hart was better than Renee Zellweger's.

Interestingly enough the film was called Chicago in 1927 when it was first made as a silent film. The remake in 1942 with Ginger Rogers was changed to Roxie Hart (the main character in the film), and then it was back to Chicago as a musical and then the film in 2002. Ginger Rogers performance is awesome.

The dance numbers made the film and while Ginger playing Roxie Hart was the show in the 1942 version I thought that Catherine Zeta-Jones was the real star of the 2002 version. I like Renee, but I don't think this was her wheelhouse.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X