Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
    Plus you could wet a line right from your bar stool. Try that in the fancy hotel pool bar.
    Exactly.
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
      Plus you could wet a line right from your bar stool. Try that in the fancy hotel pool bar.
      Is that what they are calling it nowadays?
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        And I don't need a smartphone. I bought the Kindle for travel mainly, since I've been taking a few trips per year now, and it's better than carrying 4-5 books. That wireless internet stuff on there was just bonus.
        Umm, you get lost in your own town. You need a smart phone just for the GPS and turn-by-turn directions.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
          Umm, you get lost in your own town. You need a smart phone just for the GPS and turn-by-turn directions.
          They're too handy to be able to justify not having one. The amount I've used mine for non-frivilous(frivilous=games, posting here, facebook, etc) things far outweighs the cost and other negatives of having one. Its not even close.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

You need a smart phone just for the GPS and turn-by-turn directions.
            Oh for ****'s sake, this is the most ******** argument I have ever seen. You do not need a smart phone for GPS - you can still buy GPS devices, and they are very cheap.

Why can't some of you grasp the concept of some people not wanting to be connected to the web 24/7 no matter where they go? I get the fact that smart phones can be useful in different situations - but to say they're a necessity or anything close to that is beyond stupid, particularly for people who do not need to be in touch with job-related **** all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
              Oh for ****'s sake, this is the most ******** argument I have ever seen. You do not need a smart phone for GPS - you can still buy GPS devices, and they are very cheap.

Why can't some of you grasp the concept of some people not wanting to be connected to the web 24/7 no matter where they go? I get the fact that smart phones can be useful in different situations - but to say they're a necessity or anything close to that is beyond stupid, particularly for people who do not need to be in touch with job-related **** all the time.
              Oh, I know it. I just can't turn down any opportunity to give Brent **** about his dumb choices and inability to navigate.

I also found a smart phone really, really useful once I got one, especially when managing my kid's hockey team.. I'm too cheap to have one on my own though - if the company isn't paying for it, neither am I.

My wife has a very basic, very dumb phone and that is just fine with both of us.

Comment

Ever notice people with Smart phones have them in their hands all the time, always checking them. I don't see how one gets anything done?.
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Oh, I know it. I just can't turn down any opportunity to give Brent **** about his dumb choices and inability to navigate.

I also found a smart phone really, really useful once I got one, especially when managing my kid's hockey team.. I'm too cheap to have one on my own though - if the company isn't paying for it, neither am I.

My wife has a very basic, very dumb phone and that is just fine with both of us.
                  I eventually get to where I'm going. It just might take a little longer than normal.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

We were at Gooseberry Falls on Wednesday and just four days prior (there is a picture of it in the gift shop) there was water gushing down the stairwell on the left side of the lower section of the falls.

btw - Grand Marais, Lutsen and Tofte were as glorious as ever and the kids got to see a ship going through the lift bridge in Duluth up close.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      We were at Gooseberry Falls on Wednesday and just four days prior (there is a picture of it in the gift shop) there was water gushing down the stairwell on the left side of the lower section of the falls.

btw - Grand Marais, Lutsen and Tofte were as glorious as ever and the kids got to see a ship going through the lift bridge in Duluth up close.
                      Back in college, we decided to drive up to Thunder Bay for breakfast (left at 2am-ish). Beautiful moonlit night in winter, and the views of nature up there are unreal. Even saw a wolf run along the side of the road. Totally in awe.

Comment

My friends and I went up to Thunder Bay for a couple days on a whim once. It was in the middle of May, and it was a gloomy dreary day. Evidently during the last leg of the drive the clouds had cleared unbeknownst to us. Pulled into the tiny family run motel right on the lake about midnight, and when we got out of the van we were greeted by the most amazing northern lights I have ever seen. Every color of the rainbow present. We just sat down and watched for three hours. None of us said a word during it.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

The North Shore is the most beautiful place in Minnesota. Haven't made it up to Thunder Bay yet...but hopefully will make a trip with the family up north this August or July.
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            The North Shore is the most beautiful place in Minnesota.
                            Agreed. Also look at a, "beautiful sites" book of MN sometime - I'm amazed at many of the places I've not yet been to that would make my camera blush.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              Agreed. Also look at a, "beautiful sites" book of MN sometime - I'm amazed at many of the places I've not yet been to that would make my camera blush.
                              I have a topographic map that includes all these great geographic and historic places in Minnesota to visit. I'd like to visit them all before I pass... The North Shore is my favorite place.
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I may not be able to predict the weather but I can tell you what it was, and that was amazing! I have proof on my skin of how nice it was to be off work yesterday.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X