Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Another day, another flash flood warning for the twin cities.

Looks like a bit of a break right now for the SE metro, but another line is approaching from the west. Nature has a full bladder tonight.

Comment

I'm getting nothing but rain. These storms pussied out. Nice light show but it's all cloud to cloud which muddles the whole thing.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
        Another day, another flash flood warning for the twin cities.
        Typical weathermen. It rains and we're gonna die. It snows and we're gonna die. It's way too hot and we're gonna die.
        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          I wanna see!
          You didn't miss much in the SW Metro. Lightning was good...but other than that...meh.
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
            Typical weathermen. It rains and we're gonna die. It snows and we're gonna die. It's way too hot and we're gonna die.
            Avg # of annual deaths by weather-related cause in the US (from 2000-09):
            Heat 162
            Hurricane 117
            Flooding 65
            Tornado 63
            Wind 43
            Lightning 42
            Winter storm 33
            Cold 21

MNS - the SE metro got clobbered - probably rained ~2" here, and there was a strong wind gust around 4 a.m. probably in the 50mph range.

Comment

Uptown got a pretty nice storm last night...the lightning was lighting up my apartment
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The atmosphere managed to recover from the early morning storms - the temperature is climbing through the mid-80s with a mid-70s dewpoint in the twin cities.

At the moment, there's a bad-looking storm pushing through the St. Cloud area and points north - there was a recent report of a 74 mph wind gust with that.

Another severe storm is approaching Hennepin county as well. The western metro will likely be impacted by that around 4:30.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                  You didn't miss much in the SW Metro. Lightning was good...but other than that...meh.
                  It was monsoon season yesterday for me. 2pm-7pm. Some flash flooding, at times you couldn't drive at all, etc.

Cleared up real nice at night, had a double rainbow (cue meme joke) and it's almost nice right now.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

had a double rainbow.
                    ... so god was involved with double anal?

Below to near normal temps expected next week - this should be the best week of weather we've had in several weeks.

Comment

THis is just karma for last summer
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Minnesota Ranks First In Nation For Tornado Reports In 2010

Comment

That's slightly surprising... We're not what I would call the traditional tornado alley. Just a bit too far north.
                          Code:

Comment

That Mr. Muggy is an a-hole. Seriously, who keeps inviting him back to the party?
                            How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Comment

Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1 View Post
                              That Mr. Muggy is an a-hole. Seriously, who keeps inviting him back to the party?
                              Yeah, no kidding. It was beautiful at 3pm. Now? Blecch. Just in time for me to dust off the ol' glove (after 2-3 years) and play softball. Should be comical.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Yeah, no kidding. It was beautiful at 3pm. Now? Blecch. Just in time for me to dust off the ol' glove (after 2-3 years) and play softball. Should be comical.
                                I stopped playing softball on a regular basis when it became more about how much money you had tied up in bats than actual ability. And it sucks playing in this heat...
                                Last edited by UMDbulldogs#1; 08-20-2010, 09:35 PM.
                                How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Comment

Working...
                                X