• Show
Clear All

Re: USCHO Fantasy Football 2010

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Copy and pasted from the NFL thread
    Here's how I fared.

QB: Matt Ryan, Carson Palmer, Alex Smith
    RB: Adrian Peterson, Rashard Mendenhall, Thomas Jones, Steve Slaton
    WR: Brandon Marshall, Sidney Rice, Austin Collie, Terrell Owens, Jericho Cotchery, Golden Tate, Mario Manningham
    TE: Vernon Davis, Heath Miller
    K: David Akers
    D: New Orleans, Tennessee

Starting 2 QB's, 3 WR, 3 RB, 1 TE, 1K, 1 D, and 2 Flex (W/T, W/R)
    Slaton could be a steal since I heard Tate (that rookie RB that was supposed to be competing for the starting job) is out for the year.

Not bad at all for an auto-draft. Not bad at all.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Slaton could be a steal since I heard Tate (that rookie RB that was supposed to be competing for the starting job) is out for the year.

First 3 were autodrafted (AP, Marshall, and Mendenhall). I came in right before my 4th round pick...
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

i thought foster was inside track for starting spot - beating out tate. but i wondered why slaton was such an afterthought by those experts. weird. i'm taking a flyer on both in late rounds. slaton is going for a $1 basically in auction leagues. crazy.

not a bad draft for MNS.. marshall has good upside. might be a little high for 2nd round pick. wonder what other receivers were still on the board at the time. i think mendenhall and stewart are vastly underrated this year.

weakness is probably QB.. course its a crapshoot.. palmer should have a nice bounceback year. but if kolb, flacco, or henne is available still - id try to upgrade to one of them
        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

I got Foster and Slaton, so it doesn't matter to me which one takes the reigns.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
            i thought foster was inside track for starting spot - beating out tate. but i wondered why slaton was such an afterthought by those experts. weird. i'm taking a flyer on both in late rounds. slaton is going for a $1 basically in auction leagues. crazy.

not a bad draft for MNS.. marshall has good upside. might be a little high for 2nd round pick. wonder what other receivers were still on the board at the time. i think mendenhall and stewart are vastly underrated this year.

weakness is probably QB.. course its a crapshoot.. palmer should have a nice bounceback year. but if kolb, flacco, or henne is available still - id try to upgrade to one of them
            Carson Palmer has set a new FFL record for being the "**** pick" 5 years running.

BTW, I hate that term.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
              If TO and Ochocinco can play nice and share (and, you know, the other Bengals stay out of jail), Palmer could have a fantastic year. Of course, I think it's a delicate balance keeping TO happy.
              Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
              -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                If TO and Ochocinco can play nice and share...
                Yeah, right. I drafted Palmer as a fallback, but you're gonna need a scorecard to watch what goes on in Cincy this year.
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  Yeah, right. I drafted Palmer as a fallback, but you're gonna need a scorecard to watch what goes on in Cincy this year.
                  I avoided the Bengals altogether, as I tend to agree with you; I'm just musing on what could be.
                  Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                  -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    I drafted T.O. as a bench guy for the same reason.
                    Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                    I avoided the Bengals altogether, as I tend to agree with you; I'm just musing on what could be.
                    I see...so all the talk about what could be was strategery on your part to get me to draft a bunch of Bengals and lose the league...I see how it is.

Comment

Not USCHO; GopherPuckLive draft. 10 team league, Yahoo superscoring, I picked 5th. Any thoughts?

QB: Schaub, Matt Ryan
                      RB: M Turner, R Mathews, Don Brown, J Forsett, Hightower
                      WR: Welker, Garcon, Dem Thomas, San Holmes
                      TE: D Clark
                      Flex (any WR/RB/TE): Visanthe
                      K: Crosby/GB
                      D: Buffalo

We start 1 QB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, D.

Comment

God dammit. Now i have 2 possession wide receivers for the baltimore ravens.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Not USCHO; GopherPuckLive draft. 10 team league, Yahoo superscoring, I picked 5th. Any thoughts?

Too many RB's for only possibly starting 1...
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            God dammit. Now i have 2 possession wide receivers for the baltimore ravens.
                            Ha ha! /Nelson

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                              Too many RB's for only possibly starting 1...
                              Oops. Start 2 RBs.

Comment

In PPR leagues, Turner is average since he has no pass catching ability, but he'll still be okay. Mathews is solid, Welker is a PPR GOD. RBs after Mathews are good, WRs after Garcon are fine but could be better in a 10 teamer. Two top 6 TEs is a bit odd and I still think a TE has no business occupying your Flex.

Buffalo D? really? Wow!

Comment

Working...
                                X