X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Soccer XVI: The Sadness

Grant Wahl tweets:

Bradley says started Clark for fresh legs, took off solely because of yellow card.
    Not sure I totally buy that.

Re: World Soccer XVI: The Sadness

Stat of the world cup: The USA led for a total of 206 seconds in all four matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      Stat of the world cup: The USA led for a total of 206 seconds in all four matches.
      Ouch. Not many teams make it to extra time in the round of sixteen with those numbers.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
        Grant Wahl tweets:

Not sure I totally buy that.
        Ridiculous. The turnover, followed by the immediate reckless play did that in. Of course, he shouldn't have started in the first place. Typical US soccer nonsense being done in with poor management choices.
        R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

So, NFL training camps start in a couple weeks?
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Just when I was really getting interested
            GO DU !!!

Comment

hr's the sdness:

*****http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs042.snc4/34452_10100243511363210_13901339_62616222_4604128_ n.jpg******

Im stl a we bit droonk
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

$5+ for a beer. Yikes!
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  hr's the sdness:

*****http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs042.snc4/34452_10100243511363210_13901339_62616222_4604128_ n.jpg******

Im stl a we bit droonk
                  4 PNT NEWCASTLE

6 NEWCASTLE PNT

?

For the same price, essentially.
                  "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    hr's the sdness:

Im stl a we bit droonk
                    Nicely done.
                    Cornell University Men's Hockey
                    NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                    Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

You know...I can't help but think how well this team would've done if either Gooch or Davies were healthy, let alone both.

Finishing still might've been an issue, but I bet they have a couple more clean sheets.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                        $5+ for a beer. Yikes!
                        in DC that's normal... why would you pay that in Minnesota?
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

There are 200+ nations playing in FIFA. Some big, some small, some rich and others with intermittent electricity. To be in the top 16 (in the top 5% of soccer playing nations) is a good result.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                            There are 200+ nations playing in FIFA. Some big, some small, some rich and others with intermittent electricity. To be in the top 16 (in the top 5% of soccer playing nations) is a good result.
                            If qualifying was equal across the board, maybe. CONCACAF is so friggin awful that the only way the United States *should* ever worry about qualifying is if the fed gets cut down to one or two bids. That alone makes them "top 32." Not qualifying for a WC out of that fed ought to lead to the immediate firing of everyone down to the guy who cleans the locker rooms.

The US and Mexico treat CONCACAF pretty much how OU and Texas treated the Big 12 and kept getting to BCS title games, where they more often then not, were exposed as having blown through an inferior conference.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              If qualifying was equal across the board, maybe. CONCACAF is so friggin awful that the only way the United States *should* ever worry about qualifying is if the fed gets cut down to one or two bids. That alone makes them "top 32." Not qualifying for a WC out of that fed ought to lead to the immediate firing of everyone down to the guy who cleans the locker rooms.

The US and Mexico treat CONCACAF pretty much how OU and Texas treated the Big 12 and kept getting to BCS title games, where they more often then not, were exposed as having blown through an inferior conference.
                              Every regional federation has some lightweights, but I can assure you that many "glamour" teams of Europe would also occasionally struggle in some of the rickety crapholes that the USA plays in every Q cycle - places where the likkered-up locals stay up all night outside the US hotel and fling pizzbags at the Gringos inside the stadium. Have you ever been to a game at the Saprissa in CR, or that Mazatenango jungle crudhole in Guatemala? How about the intermittent electricity in Kingston, Jamaica? Seen the batteries raining down in San Salvador or the dirtfield, rocky pitches in Havana or Port of Spain? And of course, the polluted,7,000 foot high caldron of 100,000+ Mexicans in the Azteca? Our qualifying cycle is not a picnic.

Comment

Working...
                              X