Branding Ideas for New Hampshire!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Branding Ideas for New Hampshire!

Help! New Hampshire needs branding! This article is just too good to pass up. Post your ideas here:

Mine thus far are:
    • A picture of the Hampton Toll with the slogan "Stealing money from Maine tourists since 19XX..."
    • A picture of an empty UNH trophy case...
    • How about they use the Old Man of the Mountain....oh wait, haha...nevermind! (It collapsed in 2003 for those that don't know)
    • "We sell cheap liquor..."
    You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
    ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
    ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
    ...you hate UNH.

Re: Branding Ideas for New Hampshire!

Take a page from Delaware...

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1pvUOrxAlbg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1pvUOrxAlbg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
    Originally posted by solovsfett
    To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
    You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

Originally posted by Maineiak View Post
      Help! New Hampshire needs branding! This article is just too good to pass up. Post your ideas here:

Mine thus far are:
      • A picture of the Hampton Toll with the slogan "Stealing money from Maine tourists since 19XX..."
      • A picture of an empty UNH trophy case...
      • How about they use the Old Man of the Mountain....oh wait, haha...nevermind! (It collapsed in 2003 for those that don't know)
      • "We sell cheap liquor..."
      "Cheap Booze and Fireworks now...Hookers and Weed soon to come".

"New Englands Answer to Mississippi"

"Massachusetts' Parasite"

Right on about the toll booths.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Isn't the Hampton Toll on the far side of Portsmouth? I'm pretty sure there are at least a couple of places to get off 95 before you hit the Toll (same with coming up from Mass - I drove from Durham to Revere a few times this past winter, only went through the toll booth once). It's a good thing there are no tollbooths when you head into Maine. Oh wait...
        Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
        -Fred Shero

Comment

Just spent a week visiting every new england state...for NH

"Compared to Vermont, we're right wing"

"Just like Maine, but with more teeth per capita"

"More likely to see a moose than a hot girl"

"Our syrup is third best among the northern NE states"

"Fewer black flies, by a mile"
          I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
            Isn't the Hampton Toll on the far side of Portsmouth? I'm pretty sure there are at least a couple of places to get off 95 before you hit the Toll (same with coming up from Mass - I drove from Durham to Revere a few times this past winter, only went through the toll booth once). It's a good thing there are no tollbooths when you head into Maine. Oh wait...
            It's the blatant overcharging more than the mere presence of a toll. If NH used the same rates on I-95 that they use on their "own" turnpikes (e.g., Concord) it would be $0.70. What's it up to now, $3.00 each way?
            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Granite State of Mind

They should just use this video instead of coming up with a marketing campaign.

...you hate UNH.

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                It's a good thing there are no tollbooths when you head into Maine. Oh wait...
                The cost per mile isn't even close in the two states (I-95 corridor):

New Hampshire = $2.00 one way, 16.2 miles = $0.12 per mile

Maine = $5.00 one way, exit 7 to 113 (106 miles) = $0.05 per mile

Both using information/toll calculators from each states respective DOT websites.

...you hate UNH.

Comment

The cost per mile isn't even close in the two states (I-95 corridor):

New Hampshire = $2.00 one way, 16.2 miles = $0.12 per mile

Maine = $5.00 one way, exit 7 to 113 (106 miles) = $0.05 per mile

Both using information/toll calculators from each states respective DOT websites.
                  The key to the argument is the comparison between I-95 and the two turnpikes that New Hampshirites actually use.
                  1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                    The key to the argument is the comparison between I-95 and the two turnpikes that New Hampshirites actually use.
                    Exactly, each state is going to have it's own rates for tolls. I don't think Massachusetts charges the same rates on each toll road/bridge/tunnel it operates.

As far as the toll booth in Portsmouth, isn't aimed at Massachusetts residents who travel to Maine more than Mainers?
                    Orginally Posted by Sloe Gin - Legal is the Queen of the board.

Race Diva and "Ruler of the South"

Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1
                    I must say that I was impressed by the amount of alcohol she coud handle.

Originally posted by Markt
                    That almost lifts the sadness of realizing just how far out of my league Legal is. Almost.

Comment

Originally posted by legal_hit View Post
                      As far as the toll booth in Portsmouth, isn't aimed at Massachusetts residents who travel to Maine more than Mainers?
                      That was my original point.

...you hate UNH.

Comment

That was my original point.
                        Then maybe you shouldn't have used the phrase "Maine Tourists", which makes people think of tourists from Maine, not tourists going to Maine.

I stand by my point. There are several ways around the one tollbooth. I have no idea what the toll is, as I circumvent it.
                        Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                        -Fred Shero

Comment

That toll is BS. Maine and Mass. should look into ways to build a bridge out to sea that circumvents that stupid state.

Comment

Originally posted by legal_hit View Post
                            Exactly, each state is going to have it's own rates for tolls. I don't think Massachusetts charges the same rates on each toll road/bridge/tunnel it operates.

But doesn't Mass charge for roads & bridges it built itself (Turnpike, Tobin Bridge, etc)? I don't believe New Hampshire ponied up the money to build I-95, yet they collect the tolls from it which I find it be a bit odd.

Then again this is a place that worships a pile of rocks at the bottom of a ravine that used to sorta look like an old man's face if you were loaded, so I guess its okay.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

UNH Athletics: Competing for mediocrity since since 1866.

New Hampshire: Trying to steal Maine's Navy base since 1820.
                              Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                              1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                              2006-2007: 15-24-2
                              2007-2008: 20-20-4
                              2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Working...
                              X