Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Soccer XIV: Where JV keepers can play in the World Cup - Group Stages continued

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XIV: Where JV keepers can play in the World Cup - Group Stages continued

Originally posted by one_to7 View Post
    He didn't deserve it? For blatantly elbowing someone in the chest away from the play?
    Not for that. The guy ran into him, and he raised his arm in self defense. There are a lot worse that aren't even called fouls (see: the 3rd goal the Americans scored against Slovenia).

If Kaka's offense was worthy of a yellow, then two or three Slovenians should have been sent off on that one play alone. Not to mention those dirty Kiwis, ruthlessly attacking the poor, defenseless Italians.

Comment

• Re: World Soccer XIV: Where JV keepers can play in the World Cup - Group Stages continued

if you're playing with a caution in the game, you should go out of your way to not draw the attention of the officials. Kaka got what he deserved.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        Not for that. The guy ran into him, and he raised his arm in self defense. There are a lot worse that aren't even called fouls (see: the 3rd goal the Americans scored against Slovenia).

If Kaka's offense was worthy of a yellow, then two or three Slovenians should have been sent off on that one play alone. Not to mention those dirty Kiwis, ruthlessly attacking the poor, defenseless Italians.
        This was my exact thought - if Kaka's play was the standard for yellow cards, the US should have been able to score about 10 goals against the 5 Slovenians left on the pitch by the end of the game...
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
          This was my exact thought - if Kaka's play was the standard for yellow cards, the US should have been able to score about 10 goals against the 5 Slovenians left on the pitch by the end of the game...
          He didn't just hold his arm out, he jabbed him in the chest with his elbow. The holding the face and writhing on the ground bit was over the top though.

Kaka deserved what he got. Whether other people should have also gotten penalized is open for debate, but Kaka deserved a yellow for that. The whole concept of giving a yellow is to warn players to knock it off. Not start smacking each other away from the play...

Comment

Originally posted by one_to7 View Post
            He didn't just hold his arm out, he jabbed him in the chest with his elbow. The holding the face and writhing on the ground bit was over the top though.

Kaka deserved what he got. Whether other people should have also gotten penalized is open for debate, but Kaka deserved a yellow for that. The whole concept of giving a yellow is to warn players to knock it off. Not start smacking each other away from the play...
            If that's your definition of 'smacking'...
            "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

• Re: World Soccer XIV: Where JV keepers can play in the World Cup - Group Stages conti

Interesting article on Bob Bradley's coaching decisions with Team USA:

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1679/...ng-bob-bradley

Comment

• Re: World Soccer XIV: Where JV keepers can play in the World Cup - Group Stages conti

Do cards get wiped out to 0 at the start of the next round?
                Twitter: DanMountSports
                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                  Do cards get wiped out to 0 at the start of the next round?
                  Apparently they changed the rules today so I have no clue anymore...
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Apparently they changed the rules today so I have no clue anymore...
                    I just thought that's they way they always did it.
                    Twitter: DanMountSports
                    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

No clue. I was always under the assumption that it was two yellow cards in the tournament not just consecutive games and they stayed with you throughout the tournament.
                      Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        No clue. I was always under the assumption that it was two yellow cards in the tournament not just consecutive games and they stayed with you throughout the tournament.
                        They traditionally get wiped out after the group stages. Unless you accrue a suspension in that third game.

Comment

Yeah they're wiped after the group stage. Unless you get your second yellow in the third match, and you can play in the first knockout round.
                          Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                            They traditionally get wiped out after the group stages. Unless you accrue a suspension in that third game.
                            They get wiped out after the quarterfinals this time around. That means that unless you draw straight red in a semi-final, you'd be able to play in the final should your team advance.
                            "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

So what's the consecutive game business I keep hearing about?
                              Code:

Comment

As I understand it, you get 2 yellow cards in the groups, you miss the next match (either the 3rd group stage match or the Round of 16 one). After the groups, the cards are wiped clean. If you get get 2 yellows between the Round of 16 and the quarters, then you miss the semis. They've changed it this year so that yellows in the semis can't force you to miss the final.

Comment

Working...
                                X