Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2010: Dude, Where's my Conference?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did VaTech get their uniforms from the creators of Tron?

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveF View Post
      i dont buy that boise is doing it to impove their OOC schedule. they wouldnt be playing wyoming this year if that was the case.
      You have no idea if they didn't try for someone more difficult. I don't fault them for not scheduling Idaho in the least - it's not the same as say Florida not scheduling BSU.

Comment

• Re: College Football 2010: Dude, Where's my Conference?

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
        Reggie Bush will have the Heisman Trophy recalled later this month...

How does this retroactive stuff prove anything to a player/team??? I highly doubt that Reggie gives a flip about what he did at USC...
        I don't think this has to do anything with Bush so much as it has to do with future heisman candidates. It's more of a cautionary tale I think.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          You have no idea if they didn't try for someone more difficult. I don't fault them for not scheduling Idaho in the least - it's not the same as say Florida not scheduling BSU.
          So if, say, FSU stayed bad, it would be ok for Florida to stop playing them?

Remember this is a rival, not just any school. And Idaho won 10 in a row before BSU started winning- perhaps Idaho should have dropped them?

This isn't about stength of schedule, it's about money. BSU did offer a 2 for 1 set up, which I find distasteful.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            So if, say, FSU stayed bad, it would be ok for Florida to stop playing them?

Remember this is a rival, not just any school. And Idaho won 10 in a row before BSU started winning- perhaps Idaho should have dropped them?

This isn't about stength of schedule, it's about money. BSU did offer a 2 for 1 set up, which I find distasteful.
            Again you are not comparing apples to apples. FSU is in a BCS conference. It doesn't matter how bad they are or for how long, they are still worth more for other schools to play then a non-AQ school. I don't see where this is that hard to understand.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out why we should give a flying **** about Idaho.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                I don't think this has to do anything with Bush so much as it has to do with future heisman candidates. It's more of a cautionary tale I think.
                How so? Do you think that Bush's story would really cause college players to think twice about taking the money?

I'll make you a deal: Here's a lump of metal and $100k, with the only string attached being that if certain people find out about it, I get to come and take back the lump of metal. Sound good?
                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

The fun thing about the Florida comparison is that the Gators dropped Miami back in the 80's to schedule a "more national non-conference schedule" which apparently involves bringing 1-AA and MAC schools to Gainesville yearly. They discussed dropping Florida State near the same time, and the Florida legislature threatened to pass a law forcing the two schools to meet, as there are enough FSU alumni in the capital to make things difficult, something the U didn't have.

More recently, Florida said, "well, in the years where the NCAA allows 12 games, we'll play Miami", so they had a couple regular season matchups. Now that there are 12 games every year, Florida has apparently lost Miami's phone number again.
                  Last edited by bronconick; 09-08-2010, 09:13 AM.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    It's about the circle **** for BSU.

They are hypocrates, and should be exposed for it. they do not deserve the band wagon fans who feel sorry for them.

If you like them because you think they are good- fine. If you root for them since they are the underdog and no big team want to play them- just know that they are hypocates.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                      Again you are not comparing apples to apples. FSU is in a BCS conference. It doesn't matter how bad they are or for how long, they are still worth more for other schools to play then a non-AQ school. I don't see where this is that hard to understand.
                      Since the MWC is still not a AQ conference, they are getting maybe one more BSC game in their favor.

So it's ok to drop their #1 historical rival for another non AQ team in a bigger stadium- that's what is going to happen.

I don't see how you don't get THAT.

It's really sad to see that college football is now gotten so perverse that it's ok for Texas and Florida to pad thier schedules with D1AA teams and non AQ conferences can drop traditional rivals so they can pretend to play with the big boys. I'm seriously growing tired of sport in general with all of the focus on money, money, money. it's freaking entertainment, and that should not distract the schools from being schools.

If being a champion is *that* important, then just do the **** tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        If being a champion is *that* important, then just do the **** tournament.
                        Wow, you left yourself a pretty convenient out there. Too bad there IS no tournament and they're just trying to do what it takes to be a champion within the rules. Shame on them for that, eh?

By the way, what's a hypocrate? Is that like a crate that's substandard or something?
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

For the Potatoes ya hoser, for the Potatoes.
                          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                            For the Potatoes ya hoser, for the Potatoes.
                            Do I look Irish?
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Do I look Irish?
                              You drink like you're an Irishman.
                              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Do I look Irish?
                                well - um, you sound big... and uh, blue...
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X