Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2010: Dude, Where's my Conference?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2010: Dude, Where's my Conference?

Fourth and 11....:41 seconds to go.
    Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
    1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
    2006-2007: 15-24-2
    2007-2008: 20-20-4
    2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

What a game. What. A. Game.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        What a game. What. A. Game.
        Boise State...Prime-time, National Game. Never disappoints.
        Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
        1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
        2006-2007: 15-24-2
        2007-2008: 20-20-4
        2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Wow. What a game! That was very fun to watch.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Wow. So what do you do with VT in the polls now? I don't think I'd move them down at all.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
              Wow. So what do you do with VT in the polls now? I don't think I'd move them down at all.
              Well, they're going to drop a couple spots due to the loss, but I don't think they're going much past 13.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Great game. I have found a team to root for this year!
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

What is more impressing is that Boise St won WITHOUT going to trick plays. The coach's gotta pay attention now.
                  2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                  2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2010 Frozen Four participant
                  2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    Great game. I have found a team to root for this year!
                    You didn't know about them before? Every day you become biddier and biddier.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Looking at the uniforms last night, they reminded me of the uniforms seen in movies like Any Given Sunday and/or some of those futuristic movies like Rollerball.

Like looking at concept cars, they look strange/ugly the first time you see them and after a while they grow on you.

I thought they both were ok. Reminds me of soccer where the teams frequently have annual jerseys with new colors etc. They sold more merchandise. That is the point, isn't it??
                      I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

For those of you who are jumping on the Boise State Bandwagon, one quick reminder.

Remember when they played the "nobody wants to play us" card? B12 schools would not do a home/home exchange, but would be happy to host BSU? And everyone thought BSU was getting the short end?

Don't forget that Boise is now doing that against their RIVAL. Not just some small school in the middle of nowhere, but their #1 Rival for the past 40 years. They do not want to come back up to Moscow to play Idaho once they move to the MWC.

These guys are major league hypocrates. Worse, if you ask me- since they are ready to turn their back on their main rival for monetary reasons.

(For a while I wasn't rooting so much for/against them, until I saw what happened this past off season)

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          For those of you who are jumping on the Boise State Bandwagon, one quick reminder.

Remember when they played the "nobody wants to play us" card? B12 schools would not do a home/home exchange, but would be happy to host BSU? And everyone thought BSU was getting the short end?

Don't forget that Boise is now doing that against their RIVAL. Not just some small school in the middle of nowhere, but their #1 Rival for the past 40 years. They do not want to come back up to Moscow to play Idaho once they move to the MWC.

These guys are major league hypocrates. Worse, if you ask me- since they are ready to turn their back on their main rival for monetary reasons.

(For a while I wasn't rooting so much for/against them, until I saw what happened this past off season)
                          Pretty sure this was already brought up awhile back. I think the feeling was that, for awhile at least, they need to be more picky about who they play as they move from being a small team to large team. Once they have established the ability to get big games they can go back to playing Idaho.

Its not hypocracy, its trying to fix your schedule when you play in a crap conference. It has little to do with Idaho and everything to do with the broken BCS system.

They already are wasting 8 out of 11/12 games a year on bad teams, why would they purposely schedule another and give the system more chance to screw them over? BCS conference schools do not have the same excuse as they are 1) AQ teams and 2) generally have 8 quality games a year.
                          Last edited by JF_Gophers; 09-07-2010, 07:32 AM.
                          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

aaaannnnnnddd, I don't care.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                              Pretty sure this was already brought up awhile back. I think the feeling was that, for awhile at least, they need to be more picky about who they play as they move from being a small team to large team. Once they have established the ability to get big games they can go back to playing Idaho.

Its not hypocracy, its trying to fix your schedule when you play in a crap conference. It has little to do with Idaho and everything to do with the broken BCS system.

They already are wasting 8 out of 11/12 games a year on bad teams, why would they purposely schedule another and give the system more chance to screw them over? BCS conference schools do not have the same excuse as they are 1) AQ teams and 2) generally have 8 quality games a year.
                              So it's ok that money is more important, then.

It is hypocracy to whine and cry to the media when some teams do that to you, and then you do it to teams you've been playing for 40 years.

Alas- it's all about money. Making sure Florida and Texas can have perfect records, and that appearences give BSU a chance of being relevant.

(and yes, I brought it up before)

Comment

So it's ok that money is more important, then.

It is hypocracy to whine and cry to the media when some teams do that to you, and then you do it to teams you've been playing for 40 years.

Alas- it's all about money. Making sure Florida and Texas can have perfect records, and that appearences give BSU a chance of being relevant.

(and yes, I brought it up before)
                                I see it as two different scenarios though. "Big" teams duck Boise because they're afraid of losing, I don't think Boise is ducking Idaho for the same reason.

It would be different in my opinion if the Vandals suddenly became a top 25 team and BSU started ducking them.

Comment

Working...
                                X