Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2010: Dude, Where's my Conference?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2010: Dude, Where's my Conference?

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Lubbock has an international jetport.
    This is the most polite way I've ever heard "drug trafficking clearinghouse" described.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      Omaha paper reports Nebraska accepts invitation to the Big 10...
      http://www.omaha.com/article/2010061...to-the-big-ten
      So that means the Big 12 stays in tact- once the B10 name is changed to relfect the new size.
      Amazing, just change a couple words and it's what folks in Lincoln are singin' to folks in Austin right now ...

Them Longhorns ain't no **** good
      You can't trust 'em, you can't love em
      No good deed goes unpunished
      And I don't mind being their whipping boy
      I've had that pleasure for years and years
      No, no I never was a sinner-tell me what else can I do
      Second best is what you get-till you learn to bend this rules
      Time respects no person-what you lift up must fall
      They're waiting outside-to claim my crumblin' walls

The Buffs go for the west coast; we Huskers, we're goin' east
      And now we're sure that 'Twelve South is just Pac-10 East!

When the Twelve come tumblin' down
      When the Twelve come crumblin' crumblin'
      When the Twelve come tumblin' tumblin' down

Some people say I'm conceited and crazy
      That I'm uneducated and my opinion means nothin'
      But I know I'm a real good Husker
      Don't need to look over my shoulder to see the money I'm after
      Everybody's got their problems-ain't no new news here
      I'm the same old trouble you've been having for years
      Don't confuse the problem with the issue, 'horns,
      'Cause it's perfectly clear

Just a human desire to have a TV deal
      Want to put my arms around you
      Feel your breath in my ear
      You can bend me You can break me
      But BIG RED'S OTTA HERE!

When the Twelve come tumblin' down
      When the Twelve come crumblin' crumblin'
      When the Twelve come tumblin' tumblin' down
      Last edited by The Sicatoka; 06-11-2010, 02:11 PM.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Quote from Nebraska Chancellor Perlman:

"One school leaving does not destroy a conference.....Nebraska did not start this.''
        Don't blame us for destroying the Big 12, that's Colorado's fault...

Comment

The same world herald from Omaha is claiming to have a scoop on another school.... Well, one of the reporters in the live blog of the meeting.

Comment

No, don't blame us, we're looking out for ourselves which is what all the schools should have been instead of being stupid and listening to the conference chancellors saying the BCS was the best option.

A playoff system was the only thing that would keep the conferences together.

More money, and every team at the beginning of the season regardless of conference could win the title.
            Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
              No, don't blame us, we're looking out for ourselves which is what all the schools should have been instead of being stupid and listening to the conference chancellors saying the BCS was the best option.

A playoff system was the only thing that would keep the conferences together.

More money, and every team at the beginning of the season regardless of conference could win the title.
              He's now blaming texas for not sharing...

Again Perlman:
              Could assign media rights to conference for long-term if wanted a true, binding commitment. Texas was not willing to do that.

Comment

Yall have some fun picking apart the news conference, but one of the key notes seems to be about stability, and even though much of the B12 wanted it, it seemed clear to NU that some of the members were looking at other options, too. So they see the B10 teams as much more stable.

Osborne even mentioned that weather puts them on a more even playing field.... ok.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                  So does Grand Forks and Fargo.
                  I'm just using Google Maps...not passing judgment on the value of the airport

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    He's now blaming texas for not sharing...
                    Can you blame him?
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Can you blame him?
                      Part of the problem is that Nebraska agreed to the unequal shares back when they were a near shoe-in to win the B12 North yearly and would get a similar large portion. A few bad coaching decisions (Hi Bill!) and suddenly the Kansas-Kansas State game is deciding the division. Oops.

It's the sort of arrogant thing you laugh at in hindsight, like FSU and Miami forcing the ACC to put them in separate divisions so they could play for the Conference title.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

yahoo sports-Dan Wetzel.

"......It’s almost assuredly too late for the Big 12 and the Big East to make the bold moves that could save them.

They could try though. If Beebe and current Big East commissioner John Marinatto want to display real leadership, they can tell their current members to sit tight and allow them to build a consensus for a real football postseason that will solve all their revenue problems. They need to stand up and declare Armageddon is here and it’s time to get serious. The other leagues and Notre Dame would be all for it. The SEC and ACC would be smart to approve simply as a defense against Big Ten and Pac-10 aggression. Or in the ACC’s case, the inevitable SEC pillaging of its teams.

Go ahead and dare the Big Ten and Pac-10 to not come along. See how long Gordon Gee lasts as Ohio State president when he tells Buckeye fans they will no longer be competing for the national title. In the meantime, send your recruiters to Cleveland and Detroit.

A 16-team playoff could be up and running by 2014 – which would immediately change all the revenue models."
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Beebe's literally weeks too late to even try that now. He's not going to have a job by next Wednesday, assuming the rumor of Texas' announcing their destination on Tuesday is true.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Nebraska radio (we're driving thru) : Big Ten is a good fit academically and they have similar weather - don't have to compete with California for recruits in golf.....

driving through this state is enough to make one a vegetarian.
                            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

and Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State to the PAC 10, er, 12 or 16 or something ...
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

I still don't buy Texas going to the PAC-10. It might happen but the timezones are going to wreak havoc on their schedules.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X