Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2010: Dude, Where's my Conference?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2010: Dude, Where's my Conference?

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
    Well the NCAA does think it has powers that our Founders didn't give to our Federal government or the State governments...
    "No? Re-e-e-e-eally?" asks the Fighting Sioux fan.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Darren Rovell wonders if expansion is really going to pull in the dough.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        Oh, so the fact that they haven't played a cold weather game since the Kennedy Administration is irrelevant. Sorry. My bad.
        Yes, it's also irrelevant. Because Corvallis is not a particularly cold place. Certainly not in September or October. Unless you're upset that USC has never scheduled a game against OrSU in Green Bay in January. TEH COWARDS!

I'm easily riled up by stupidity. And this back-and-forth is invariably stupid. It always goes the same way:

Nyah nyah nyah, SEC schedule *sniffle*

Um, most of the contenders do schedule OOC games

But they're not the right OOC games!

Uhh, no, I guess not. All right. Let's all complain about SEC ADs not being retards. Yay.
        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

The NCAA was a great and wonderful organization until they dropped the hammer on a school he likes. Now they're evil incarnate.
          In all fairness, I can't recall the last time I saw anyone on here say something nice about the NCAA.
          Originally posted by Priceless
          Good to see you're so reasonable.
          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
          Very well, said.
          Originally posted by Rover
          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

According to Joe Schad on twitter, Boise State is heading to the Mountain West. Boise, Utah, TCU, BYU... Sounds like a pretty good BCS conference to me.
            R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Darren Rovell:
              Hidden cost of expansion: Lincoln, Neb. to State College, Pa. for women's soccer team. 3 flights, 9 hours, at least $20K.

Comment

Darren Rovell:
                And what's a roadie to Lubbock?
                "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                  There's no constitutional right to play DI sports, and the NCAA is not the government, and they don't have any obligation to conduct their own investigations in the same way that the government might. The NCAA's member institutions voluntarily agree to be bound by the NCAA's various rules and policies and its processes of enforcing those rules. If they don't like it, they can go play in whatever the west coast equivalent of the NESCAC is.
                  The GNAC could always use another Football school in their conference. LA is bit of a flight for them, but yeah, at least once they get to a mid-major airport they be able to get to LAX easy. Its not like they're not used to taking flights to Alaska anyways.

Originally posted by BoomGoestheDynamite View Post
                  Taking digs at the SEC's OOC scheduling is traditional in college football, Must we throw out everything in the race to the super-conferences?
                  **** right about that. The SEC isn't used to having snowball fights before and after practice.

all goes to show how much of a fool the Big XII and Big East where in regetting the Plus One playoff game.
                  bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by blockski View Post
                    And what's a roadie to Lubbock?
                    Lubbock has an international jetport.

Now, College Station has a small airport, which would probably require you to fly to Dallas before flying to Seattle. A trip to Corvallis or Eugene might require an extra flight (or a long-ass bus ride).

Comment

So now the NCAA is allowing other teams to contact USC's juniors and seniors to convince them to leave.

Thanks NCAA! Its one thing to give them the right to transfer, that's fair.

But to give opposing coaches the gift of initiating contact?

What a hypocritical organization.
                      Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

So now the NCAA is allowing other teams to contact USC's juniors and seniors to convince them to leave.

That's certainly nothing like when your coach's lackeys told his recruits to not attend classes at Tennessee so they could go to USC instead.

Welcome to the sleezy side of college football.
                        Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

That's because the current players did nothing wrong- why penalize them...

Now, if they can let the alumni transfer their money without penalties....

(sorry, TBA- I just couldn't resist... )

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco View Post
                            That's certainly nothing like when your coach's lackeys told his recruits to not attend classes at Tennessee so they could go to USC instead.

Welcome to the sleezy side of college football.
                            Yes, but when the NCAA actually mandates the sleaziness, its ridiculous.
                            Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Lubbock has an international jetport.
                              So does Grand Forks and Fargo.
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Omaha paper reports Nebraska accepts invitation to the Big 10...

http://www.omaha.com/article/2010061...to-the-big-ten

So that means the Big 12 stays in tact- once the B10 name is changed to relfect the new size.

Comment

Working...
                                X