Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2010: Dude, Where's my Conference?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2010: Dude, Where's my Conference?

Originally posted by blockski View Post
    Yes.

That's supposed to be the sum of their ESPN/ABC football contract, their ESPN and CBS basketball contract, as well as the annual revenue from the BTN. The key is that each school gets 6 mil a year from BTN, plus the raw profits above and beyond that are split with Fox and the conference.
    Has there been a projection as to how that will change when Nebraska joins?
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      When did the workplace start rewarding guys who lied, cheated, etc to get for money when average joe goes to work everyday and plays by the rules just so he can put food on the table for his family while those two get away with whatever they want and get rewarded for it.
      Really? Are you new to the world?
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

When did the workplace start rewarding guys who lied, cheated, etc to get for money when average joe goes to work everyday and plays by the rules just so he can put food on the table for his family while those two get away with whatever they want and get rewarded for it.
        Welcome to Planet Earth. We hope you enjoy yourself.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Has there been a projection as to how that will change when Nebraska joins?
          Well, I'm sure they've run some numbers internally, or else they wouldn't be doing this - but I can't really say. There are a lot of extant contracts that will probably be void now, so who knows.

This is also a long term play. I doubt any new members to the Big Ten will get a full cut right off the bat, particularly for the Big Ten Network, where the current schools fronted the cash to start up that operation.
          "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Welcome to America!

Comment

Originally posted by blockski View Post
              Well, I'm sure they've run some numbers internally, or else they wouldn't be doing this - but I can't really say. There are a lot of extant contracts that will probably be void now, so who knows.

This is also a long term play. I doubt any new members to the Big Ten will get a full cut right off the bat, particularly for the Big Ten Network, where the current schools fronted the cash to start up that operation.
              Well they had to have some incentive to leave...they wouldnt leave if they weren't going to make a little cash to start...not full share but maybe half the first year? 3/4 the second? They would have to at least make what they would have made in the Big Twelve right or it would be kind of dumb to leave right now. (unless they knew the writing was on the wall which Texas wants us to believe is not true)
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Well they had to have some incentive to leave...they wouldnt leave if they weren't going to make a little cash to start...not full share but maybe half the first year? 3/4 the second? They would have to at least make what they would have made in the Big Twelve right or it would be kind of dumb to leave right now. (unless they knew the writing was on the wall which Texas wants us to believe is not true)
                Even a partial share of the Big Ten revenue sharing is likely a step up from what they were getting from the Big XII.
                "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

USA! USA! USA! USA!
                  R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Blockski, I figured as much.

FWIW: http://www.kctv5.com/sports/23860558/detail.html

Basically says A&M and UT are headed to the Big Ten without Baylor and Tech. Take it with a grain it is a station in Kansas City.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

(unless they knew the writing was on the wall which Texas wants us to believe is not true)
                      Texas somehow spun it that Arkansas broke up the SWC. Now they're spinning it as Nebraska breaking up the Big XII. Yet, Texas has never stamped out rumors of starting its own network and sure seemed willing to let the Pac-10 come calling.

Needless to say, Texas isn't exactly being upfront with everything. Of course, they weren't up front 15 years ago or whenever the Big XII formed, either.

Also, the Big XII commissioner reminds me a lot of Baghdad Bob. I don't believe a word out of his mouth.

Comment

Blockski, I figured as much.

FWIW: http://www.kctv5.com/sports/23860558/detail.html

Basically says A&M and UT are headed to the Big Ten without Baylor and Tech. Take it with a grain it is a station in Kansas City.
                        I would find that hard to believe without taking Oklahoma and OSU with them.
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

So USC was cheating? Shocking, just shocking.
                          Cornell University Men's Hockey
                          NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                          Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                            I would find that hard to believe without taking Oklahoma and OSU with them.
                            And why would the Pac Ten want Oklahoma State, without other Big 12 heavyweights as part of the deal?

Also hard to see Texas and A&M going somewhere without Tech.
                            Originally posted by Priceless
                            Good to see you're so reasonable.
                            Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                            Very well, said.
                            Originally posted by Rover
                            A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                              Texas somehow spun it that Arkansas broke up the SWC. Now they're spinning it as Nebraska breaking up the Big XII. Yet, Texas has never stamped out rumors of starting its own network and sure seemed willing to let the Pac-10 come calling.

Needless to say, Texas isn't exactly being upfront with everything. Of course, they weren't up front 15 years ago or whenever the Big XII formed, either.
                              Can you explain this for someone who wasnt paying attention to the SWC back then? Thanks!
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It's called capitalism, Hippie Johnny!
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X