Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2010: Dude, Where's my Conference?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: College Football 2010: Dude, Where's my Conference?

Originally posted by BoomGoestheDynamite View Post
    Sharing the house after a divorce. Awkward and ugly.

Did Va Tech, Miami, and BC play out a final season in the ACC or was the jump immediate?
    All three teams went immediately from the Big East to the ACC after the end of the football season in which they were invited, with no lame-duck years. Miami and VTech were invited after 2003, and BC's invite came a year later (leading to the awkward 2004 7 team configuration which very nearly generated a five-way tie for the Big East lead at 4-2).
    Last edited by kingdobbs; 06-09-2010, 10:27 PM.
    UConn -- Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by BoomGoestheDynamite View Post
      And by playing in the "Cotton Bowl", they'll meet in Jerryworld

In other news from the ESPN front page, bye bye Baylor:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5270048
      I love that the Pac-16 thinks they will get two bids! Yeah about that...
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

2004? It never happened.

USC gets the book thrown at them. Look for the championship to disappear. The heisman to disappear. 13 wins. Scholarships. And finally, a two-year postseason ban.

D-yikes.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Also, here are the divisions:
          Originally posted by dxmnkd316
          I posted this on GPL as well, but if this happens to be true, I figure the divisions will be as follows:

West:
          Michigan State
          Michigan
          Minnesota
          Iowa
          Wisconsin
          Nebraska
          Mizzou

East:
          Penn State
          Ohio State
          Indiana
          Purdue
          Illinois
          Northwestern
          Rutgers

It preserves all of the current permanent games, trophy games (except the Penn State-Minnesota, but quite frankly no one gives a **** about it), and actually adds an existing interconference rivalry (probably new trophy) game (illinois-mizzou).

This means that each team plays each team in the division once, one permanent cross-division game, and one rotating cross-division game.

The permanent cross-division games are as follows:

Michigan State - Penn State (Land Grant Trophy)
          Michigan - Ohio State
          Minnesota - Northwestern
          Iowa - Purdue
          Wisconsin - Rutgers
          Nebraska - Indiana
          Mizzou - Illinois (Arch Rivalry)

If notre dame accepts, this all goes out the window. But honestly, we all know they are too arrogant to see the writing on the wall. As an added bonus, doesn't add to the chance of creating a Big Ten Hockey Conference.
          Sub rutgers with Notre Dame and possibly swap the cross division rivalries accordingly.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            2004? It never happened.

USC gets the book thrown at them. Look for the championship to disappear. The heisman to disappear. 13 wins. Scholarships. And finally, a two-year postseason ban.

D-yikes.
            Umm, sorry to break this to you, but the NCAA can't take away what it doesn't give.

And there is an appeal to this. And USC is going to sue the hell out of the NCAA.
            Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
              Umm, sorry to break this to you, but the NCAA can't take away what it doesn't give.

And there is an appeal to this. And USC is going to sue the hell out of the NCAA.
              Ummm... Sorry to break this to you, but I never said the NCAA is going to take it away. I should have been more explicit I guess. I said "look for it to disappear" meaning the BCS is going to yank it. Same thing with the Heisman. LOok for that committee to try to rescind that award.
              Code:

Comment

Ummm... Sorry to break this to you, but I never said the NCAA is going to take it away. I should have been more explicit I guess. I said "look for it to disappear" meaning the BCS is going to yank it. Same thing with the Heisman. LOok for that committee to try to rescind that award.
                USC doesn't have a Heisman to lose. Reggie Bush does. It's his Heisman, an individual award.

If they vacate wins for 2004, they will be vacating the 2004-05 season in which they lost the Rose Bowl. Not the BCS National Title from 2004.

There are so many conflicting reports out there right now. I guess people like you are why ESPN stays in business. They've been wrong for about a month. About what the penalty will be, about when they're going to release the information. About when the USC press conference will be.

But then certain people just parrot them like they're brilliant journalists.

Wait dude. Wait. That's all I ask. USC still gets an appeal after you know, the real report comes out.

Comment

Sub rutgers with Notre Dame and possibly swap the cross division rivalries accordingly.
                  If Rutgers is the only team leaving the Big East, ND isn't going anywhere. Heck, the Big East might add KU to replace them, which would be a definite upgrade in basketball, a sometime upgrade in football, and I don't know about other sports.
                  Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                  Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

2004? It never happened.

D-yikes.

That's not a book. Miami losing 31 scholarships in three years, that's a book.

I don't mean to say that Southern Cal is getting off lightly, but it could have been worse.
                    Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                    Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
                      If Rutgers is the only team leaving the Big East, ND isn't going anywhere. Heck, the Big East might add KU to replace them, which would be a definite upgrade in basketball, a sometime upgrade in football, and I don't know about other sports.
                      No, I meant sub Notre Dame in place of rutgers. Notre dame will go somewhere if the big ten and pac-10 go to 16 a piece, forcing the sec to go to 16. They'll go to where the money is and that's the big ten. Otherwise they will die a slow and painful death while the three mega conferences gobble up pretty much everything in terms of recruits, tv time, and cash.
                      Code:

Comment

Actually, this works well if only nebraska joins. Have wisconsin play illinois every year (continuing their pursuit of only cupcakes on the schedule) and add another rotating cross-division game for each team.
                        Code:

Comment

If they vacate wins for 2004, they will be vacating the 2004-05 season in which they lost the Rose Bowl. Not the BCS National Title from 2004.
                          2004-2005 was when when they won the NC by obliterating Oklahoma and Ashlee Simpsons got booed by 80k people. 2003-2004 was the split championship. Vince Young was 2005-2006.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

USC doesn't have a Heisman to lose. Reggie Bush does. It's his Heisman, an individual award.

There are so many conflicting reports out there right now. I guess people like you are why ESPN stays in business. They've been wrong for about a month. About what the penalty will be, about when they're going to release the information. About when the USC press conference will be.

But then certain people just parrot them like they're brilliant journalists.

Wait dude. Wait. That's all I ask. USC still gets an appeal after you know, the real report comes out.
                            Jesus. Are you just trying to be obtuse?
                            Last edited by dxmnkd316; 06-10-2010, 12:49 AM.
                            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              2004-2005 was when when they won the NC by obliterating Oklahoma and Ashlee Simpsons got booed by 80k people. 2003-2004 was the split championship. Vince Young was 2005-2006.
                              God I'm tired. You're right. 2004 was the Rose Bowl which I was AT. Sheesh.

Comment

Don't worry, USC isn't going to win enough to make it to any postseason with Kiffen there.
                                Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

Working...
                                X