Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2010: Dude, Where's my Conference?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    Re: College Football 2010: Dude, Where's my Conference?

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    So if, say, FSU stayed bad, it would be ok for Florida to stop playing them?

Remember this is a rival, not just any school. And Idaho won 10 in a row before BSU started winning- perhaps Idaho should have dropped them?

This isn't about stength of schedule, it's about money. BSU did offer a 2 for 1 set up, which I find distasteful.
    Again you are not comparing apples to apples. FSU is in a BCS conference. It doesn't matter how bad they are or for how long, they are still worth more for other schools to play then a non-AQ school. I don't see where this is that hard to understand.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    You have no idea if they didn't try for someone more difficult. I don't fault them for not scheduling Idaho in the least - it's not the same as say Florida not scheduling BSU.
    So if, say, FSU stayed bad, it would be ok for Florida to stop playing them?

Remember this is a rival, not just any school. And Idaho won 10 in a row before BSU started winning- perhaps Idaho should have dropped them?

This isn't about stength of schedule, it's about money. BSU did offer a 2 for 1 set up, which I find distasteful.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Reggie Bush will have the Heisman Trophy recalled later this month...

How does this retroactive stuff prove anything to a player/team??? I highly doubt that Reggie gives a flip about what he did at USC...
    I don't think this has to do anything with Bush so much as it has to do with future heisman candidates. It's more of a cautionary tale I think.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveF View Post
    i dont buy that boise is doing it to impove their OOC schedule. they wouldnt be playing wyoming this year if that was the case.
    You have no idea if they didn't try for someone more difficult. I don't fault them for not scheduling Idaho in the least - it's not the same as say Florida not scheduling BSU.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Did VaTech get their uniforms from the creators of Tron?

Leave a comment:

• Terrierbyassociation
    replied

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    2006 UCLA was pretty bad. Stanford was 2007. Those two years made the early reaction to OSU in 2008 "stop losing to ****ty teams" before anyone knew for sure what OSU was.
    God the 2006 loss was the worst. A lot of the fanbase is STILL angry at Lane and Sark for the abysmal playcalling in that game.

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied

Originally posted by BoomGoestheDynamite View Post
    Some of those "joke" losses are inflated in hind sight. A number of them, including at least 2 to Oregon State, came up against teams that went 9-4 and finished in the top 25 and that loss usually came on the road in hostile environment. The only truly horrific loss I can recall the Stanford debacle at the Coliseum in the year of the upset.
    2006 UCLA was pretty bad. Stanford was 2007. Those two years made the early reaction to OSU in 2008 "stop losing to ****ty teams" before anyone knew for sure what OSU was.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
    whoosh. its actually the exact same thing. teams duck boise for the same reason boise is ducking idaho... no one cares when you win, people shun you when you lose.

i dont buy that boise is doing it to impove their OOC schedule. they wouldnt be playing wyoming this year if that was the case.
    Sure they would, do you think this schedule was made last weekend? That game could of been scheduled 3 years ago. Plus Wyoming is a far bigger name then Idaho.

Leave a comment:

• SteveF
    replied

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
    I see it as two different scenarios though. "Big" teams duck Boise because they're afraid of losing, I don't think Boise is ducking Idaho for the same reason.

whoosh. its actually the exact same thing. teams duck boise for the same reason boise is ducking idaho... no one cares when you win, people shun you when you lose.

Leave a comment:

• Terrierbyassociation
    replied

Some of those "joke" losses are inflated in hind sight. A number of them, including at least 2 to Oregon State, came up against teams that went 9-4 and finished in the top 25 and that loss usually came on the road in hostile environment. The only truly horrific loss I can recall the Stanford debacle at the Coliseum in the year of the upset.
    And that happened because Booty broke his finger and Carroll refused to pull him and go to the backup...Mark Sanchez.

Leave a comment:

• BoomGoestheDynamite
    replied

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
    That's the thing. His problem wasn't the one, maybe two tough games. His problem was that he was a ****ty coach that would rather scheme up his next prank to pull in practice than actually practice and he'd blow it against some joke of a team they should have beaten by four touchdowns.

Leave a comment:

• MaizeRage
    replied

He was still good enough to humiliate the best of the Big 10 on a regular basis.
    That's the thing. His problem wasn't the one, maybe two tough games. His problem was that he was a ****ty coach that would rather scheme up his next prank to pull in practice than actually practice and he'd blow it against some joke of a team they should have beaten by four touchdowns.

Leave a comment:

• BoomGoestheDynamite
    replied

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
    And yet Pete Carroll failed at that almost every year.
    He was still good enough to humiliate the best of the Big 10 on a regular basis.

Leave a comment:

• MaizeRage
    replied

Originally posted by bronconick View Post

1, maybe 2 tough games, and 10 that you're favored by 4 touchdowns. Nice gig if you can get it.
    And yet Pete Carroll failed at that almost every year.

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Knockout blow in this argument. Given the overall crappiness of the WAC (and then the MWC) compared to the "bigger" conferences, Boise State can't be wasting their non-conference games on teams that aren't going to help them reach the title game, even if it means having to give up a rivalry game. They've twice gone undefeated without even having the opportunity to play for a national championship. If Frank Beamer were as big of a pansy as most of the other big school coaches, this year would have been a good chance at being number three, it still could be number three in the end.
    They haven't played for a national championship because their non-conference schedule is usually something that a Big Ten team would put together. This year they've got Toledo and Wyoming in addition to Oregon State and Virginia Tech. Last year was Oregon, two MAC schools and a 1-AA. 2008- 1-AA, Southern Miss, Oregon, BGSU. 2007- 1-AA, Southern Miss, BGSU, Washington. Then they play New Mexico State, Louisiana Tech, and Nevada instead of Iowa, Penn State and Wisconsin, and wonder why they're left out? Really?

1, maybe 2 tough games, and 10 that you're favored by 4 touchdowns. Nice gig if you can get it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X