Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2010: Dude, Where's my Conference?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shirtless Guy
    replied
    Re: College Football 2010: Dude, Where's my Conference?

I can't believe SJSU vs Wisconsin is the best ESPN could do tomorrow morning?

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

That "best" team in the Big East is really lighting it up against Marshall tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    though the pac10 could rival that at any time now that they've lost their meal ticket.
    Autzen called. I can't write what they said.

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Honestly... some sort of a merger between the MWC and the WAC would probably get it done, don't you think?
    You really expect a merger between two conferences that had previously split apart would actually happen?

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    This might be more a case of the Big East descending than Nova ascending.

In all seriousness, how does the Big East hold onto their BCS slot? Is it about the Philly and NYC markets?
    big east is not that much worse than the acc football wise. granted, miami and fsu can get back to what they were a decade ago at any time.. but since miami moved from the big east to the acc they've been lousy - and fsu has been right there with them.

what hurt the big east is wvu was primed to step up, and they fell flat after rodriguez jumped. while they were playing well, they were better than acc best (vtech).

but right now they are the bottom of the auto bids, though the pac10 could rival that at any time now that they've lost their meal ticket.

sec
    big12
    big10
    pac10
    acc
    big east

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    True, personally I could see the Big East making plays for Marshall and Memphis, Marshall would give them a little more respectablity in football, while Memphis gives them another solid basketball program along with a football program. I still think the Big East would do well to squeeze Norte Dame a little as well, if nothing more than to get them to play Big East Teams a little more often. Even if they're all in South Bend, with ND's NBC contract, thats still good exposure for those programs.
    I'm sure the Big East has tried that sotto voce, and I'm just as sure the Irish gave them a big yawn.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

This might be more a case of the Big East descending than Nova ascending.

In all seriousness, how does the Big East hold onto their BCS slot? Is it about the Philly and NYC markets?
    True, personally I could see the Big East making plays for Marshall and Memphis, Marshall would give them a little more respectablity in football, while Memphis gives them another solid basketball program along with a football program. I still think the Big East would do well to squeeze Norte Dame a little as well, if nothing more than to get them to play Big East Teams a little more often. Even if they're all in South Bend, with ND's NBC contract, thats still good exposure for those programs.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by kingdobbs View Post
    Because they're contractually in until 2011, as a result of meeting the minimum standard of inclusion from the years 2004-07 (which are coincidentally the league's worst, from a national perspective).
    I thought it was until 2013.

Leave a comment:

• kingdobbs
    replied

Because they're contractually in until 2011, as a result of meeting the minimum standard of inclusion from the years 2004-07 (which are coincidentally the league's worst, from a national perspective).

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    I enjoyed the idea someone on ESPN threw out last week.

Put TCU, BSU, Utah, Utah State, and BYU in a conference and give them the Big East's auto-bid. You could probably find a viable 6th team if needed.
    I would think you could throw teams like Hawaii, Colorado State and Air Force in there too and it wouldn't be a bad conference.

Leave a comment:

• WeWantMore
    replied

I enjoyed the idea someone on ESPN threw out last week.

Put TCU, BSU, Utah, Utah State, and BYU in a conference and give them the Big East's auto-bid. You could probably find a viable 6th team if needed.
    Yeah, I think it was Tony Kornheiser who said that. Though I chuckled when he included Utah State. What exactly have they done to merit inclusion?

Leave a comment:

• Bronco
    replied

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Honestly... some sort of a merger between the MWC and the WAC would probably get it done, don't you think?
    Didn't they just try that, but Utah and BYU kinda blew that up.

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Idaho would have been a funnier response.
    Well, Montana's the one that wins all their games 80-0, right? So I figured there might actually be an argument for them.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied

Montana.
    Idaho would have been a funnier response.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X