Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2010: Dude, Where's my Conference?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2010: Dude, Where's my Conference?

What's that line I hear around here all the time? Ah yes! They're a hockey school.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
      Just be thankful they haven't fallen as far as Syracuse has.
      Hey we might have a chance at stopping the mighty Akron Zips this weekend!
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
        What's that line I hear around here all the time? Ah yes! They're a hockey school.
        {sigh}
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by blockski View Post
          The cross-division rivalries blow because this wasn't about rivalries at all, it was about getting as many big-time matchups as possible.

This picture really says it all about how this sucks for UW:

http://frankthetank.wordpress.com/20...ision-palooza/
          *****http://frankthetank.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/big-ten-divisions.jpg******

Frank the Tank's earlier suggestion for divisions was far better, IMO:

http://frankthetank.wordpress.com/20...ke-conference/

That has balance, it has all the rivalries protected (except for UW-Iowa, but that was kinda doomed from the start - and UW and Iowa both get Nebraska in exchange), and maintains potential big matchups in the championship game.
          I still like my old division breakdown:

Nebraska, Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Minnesota
          Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, Northwestern, Illinois, Indiana

OSU/UM, MSU/PSU, Minn/NW, Iowa/Purdue, UW/ILlinois, Nebraska/Indiana. That last matchup kind of blows though.

It's a little top-heavy in the first division but whatever. These were essentially what the big ten actually did except they swapped Wisconsin and Northwestern. (except my breakdown preserves ALL rivalries except the made-up one between Minn/PSU.

It does suck a little for wisconsin. It's not a big deal since overall they are pretty balanced geographically. I do think FTT had a decent breakdown. I don't have anything against it.
          Last edited by dxmnkd316; 09-03-2010, 09:14 AM.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            Anyone watching this Utah/Pitt game?

Unreal ending to regulation.

30-yard field goal attempt for Pitt to tie it up in Utah.

Kicker kicks it true on the first attempt with three seconds left. (Utah called a time out at the last second)

Kicker hooks it left on the second attempt (Utah called a time out again at the last second)

Kicker just puts it inside the left upright on third attempt (Utah doesn't use their third time out.)

We're going to Overtime tied at 24!
            and on the first play of overtime...Utah true freshman intercepts Pittsburgh's freshman QB.

Utah can take it with a field goal.
            And Utah won. I was watching, it was by far the best game of the night.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
              They mentioned that line when I was listening to my Vandals last night- something about 7 DII national hockey championships.

(and they did say DII for some reason)

Idaho 45- UND 0.

Go Vandals.

Comment

Hey we might have a chance at stopping the mighty Akron Zips this weekend!
                I miss the days when this game was a layup. We used to go into a game with an opponent like Akron and beat them 56-3. Our starters would be out by the middle of the 3rd quarter and all was right with the world.

Idea to annoy the Akron fans... come out wearing Heat jerseys.
                Twitter: DanMountSports
                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Who are the idiots at ESPN who changed the theme? Yes, it's the same tune, but it went from marching band to techno crap. They always throw away everything good.

They had an awesome NBA theme, and changed it.
                  They had the best NHL theme, and then dropped hockey.
                  And now this with NCAAF. Plus, maybe this is just me being paranoid, but something also seems slightly different with the MNF theme after the move from ABC.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Miami's not doing bad for a hockey school.

Comment

Both the Western-MSU and FSU-Samford games going about as I expected.

What the fark is going on in Gainesville, though? Florida leads Miami (OHIO!) 21-12, and have 48 total yards of offense.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                        I miss the days when this game was a layup. We used to go into a game with an opponent like Akron and beat them 56-3. Our starters would be out by the middle of the 3rd quarter and all was right with the world.

Idea to annoy the Akron fans... come out wearing Heat jerseys.
                        Then this would happen to you.

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nEArNnkHcAc?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nEArNnkHcAc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

So Georgia State (1-AA) is undefeated all-time in football at 1-0.

However no matter how well they do this season, their last game is against #1 Alabama (Nov 18). So no undefeated season for them.
                          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

*****http://i78.***********.com/albums/j97/wellsfamilyof4/cupcakes.jpg******

The non-conference schedule has begun.

Comment

Holy crap.

Michigan looks like...a good football team again. Robinson goes through UConn like a knife through butter on back-to-back drives and it's 14-0.
                              Originally posted by Jon
                              You call everything.

Comment

Yeah, but the defense still looks like swiss cheese.
                                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X