Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2010: Dude, Where's my Conference?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2010: Dude, Where's my Conference?

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    That would indicate killing off PU/IU, MN/WI, and IL/NW... Interesting theory, but I just can't see the B10 being THAT dumb...
    I don't think one being true necessarily brings the other along with it.

They could very well be the conferences, but not the rivalries.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
      I don't think one being true necessarily brings the other along with it.

They could very well be the conferences, but not the rivalries.
      If that's the case, then I got no beef.... As long as they keep "Traditional" rivalries alive, I'm happy...
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
        That would indicate killing off PU/IU, MN/WI, and IL/NW... Interesting theory, but I just can't see the B10 being THAT dumb...
        JHFC, if they kill the MN/WI yearly I'm going to be piiiissed.

I much prefer the "leaked" conferences posted above. This picture breakup blows.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

There is no way MN/WI won't play each other every year. It's the most played rivalry in major college football. They've played every year for over 100 years. Don't even worry about it.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            JHFC, if they kill the MN/WI yearly I'm going to be piiiissed.

I much prefer the "leaked" conferences posted above. This picture breakup blows.
            Why? For the Gophs it is pretty good (better than the leaked schedule by far) and the conferences seem pretty balanced. We know the MN/Sconnie matchup will be protected and you get your coveted split of tOSU and Michigan.

So what is exactly wrong?

(there is no way the Gophs protected rival would be MSU like Clifton was saying he wouldnt mind)
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

(there is no way the Gophs protected rival would be MSU like Clifton was saying he wouldnt mind)
              I didn't say anything about not "minding" a potential Minnesota/Michigan State rivalry.
              Originally posted by Wreckincrew: "I nominate Clifton for a position on the NCAA Frozen Four host selection plan"

Comment

Originally posted by Clifton View Post
                I didn't say anything about not "minding" a potential Minnesota/Michigan State rivalry.
                You said the helmets in the picture would be the protected rivalries and you wouldnt mind. "I like this split a lot more, even down to the point that the "opposite" helmet could be the protected crossover game in many instances." is the exact quote.

Minnesota is opposite Sparty in that picture, Wisconsin is opposite Iowa.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Why? For the Gophs it is pretty good (better than the leaked schedule by far) and the conferences seem pretty balanced. We know the MN/Sconnie matchup will be protected and you get your coveted split of tOSU and Michigan.

So what is exactly wrong?

So being in the opposite division of three of our four trophies makes sense? (Not that PSU really counts but it's still a trophy). Plus we've had a pretty decent rivalry with NW over the past few years. The leaked ones had a good strength split as well. Iowa, Nebraska and Michigan vs. OSU, PSU, and Wisconsin.

And don't act like I specifically wanted an OSU/UM split. You have this twisted sense of reality on what I both I and clifton said.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

You said the helmets in the picture would be the protected rivalries and you wouldnt mind. "I like this split a lot more, even down to the point that the "opposite" helmet could be the protected crossover game in many instances." is the exact quote.

Minnesota is opposite Sparty in that picture, Wisconsin is opposite Iowa.
                    "Many"="All"

Gotcha
                    Originally posted by Wreckincrew: "I nominate Clifton for a position on the NCAA Frozen Four host selection plan"

Comment

Like I said on GPL, my guess is that the sources leaking the divisions are going to end up being correct and the picture was just for show (possibly to drum up outrage in people like me so we'll watch)
                      Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        So being in the opposite division of three of our four trophies makes sense? (Not that PSU really counts but it's still a trophy). Plus we've had a pretty decent rivalry with NW over the past few years. The leaked ones had a good strength split as well. Iowa, Nebraska and Michigan vs. OSU, PSU, and Wisconsin.

And don't act like I specifically wanted an OSU/UM split. You have this twisted sense of reality on what I both I and clifton said.
                        I thought you said you did...my lord lighten up Francis... (that goes for you too Clifton, it wasnt like I ripped you just said it wouldnt happen) Save your outrage for the season

PSU is not a trophy game I care about. The jug doesnt get played for every year as is and NW I have no problem missing because they tend to beat us (not to mention we would still play them what 2 out of 5 years which is just fine)

Wisconsin would be protected and Iowa gets played every year and I like the idea of playing Purdue and Illinois every season over the other option. That seems good to me.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

And the official press release (well, part of it)

The Big Ten football division alignments will include a division featuring Illinois, Indiana, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue and Wisconsin, and a division featuring Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska and Northwestern. Each school will play the other five schools within its division and will also face three teams from the other division, including one cross-division matchup guaranteed on an annual basis. The guaranteed cross-division matchups are Illinois-Northwestern, Indiana-Michigan State, Ohio State-Michigan, Penn State-Nebraska, Purdue-Iowa and Wisconsin-Minnesota. Names for each Big Ten football division will be announced at a later date.

Comment

Ha. The Spartans sure take it up the butt on their rival.
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                              Ha. The Spartans sure take it up the butt on their rival.
                              ? no matter how else you look at it, that's a solid W from here to eternity
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                This is like a comment on ESPN.com

You say that it sucks, but don't explain why.
                                1.) I question if the divisions are truly equal. My gut says no, but I have no evidence to support that conclusion.

2.) Geography increases rivalries, UW isn't in the same division as the THREE schools closest to it.

3.) The protected cross division rivalry is a cop out for not being willing to make the hard choices.

4.) The protected rivalry messes with scheduling you will only play the other teams once at home and once on the road every 5 years. (if the big 10 moves to a 9 game conference schedule in the future, then it would be significantly better)

Comment

Working...
                                X