Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers, 2009, Part III: How long does it take for Leyland to screw this up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, 2009, Part III: How long does it take for Leyland to screw this up?

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Brandon Lyon to the Astros

For that deal, let him go.
    Exactly. Now we have our first sandwich pick between the 1st and 2nd round.

Now, if only Rodney would hurry up and figure out what he's doing we can go hard after Putz.
    TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

• Re: Detroit Tigers, 2009, Part III: How long does it take for Leyland to screw this up?

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
      Exactly. Now we have our first sandwich pick between the 1st and 2nd round.

Now, if only Rodney would hurry up and figure out what he's doing we can go hard after Putz.
      Dombrowski is already quoted as saying that it will be difficult to sign Rodney. Sounds to me that he is leaning towards Perry being the closer and trying to find middle relief.

Comment

Yeah, that is what is sounds like now. Putz signed with the White Sox this afternoon...

Grrrrrr
        TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Rodney to the Angels

2 years, $11 mil total.

At $5.5 per, I would have liked to have seen him stay here.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Rodney to the Angels

2 years, $11 mil total.

At $5.5 per, I would have liked to have seen him stay here.
            $5.5 per, plus a prospect drafted in the 42nd to 55th overall range.

With 5 picks in the top 55 overall, the table is set for a big draft by Detroit... let's hope they do not "Millen" it.

#19 - 1st round pick
            #27 - from Philadelphia, compensation for Polanco
            #33-41 range - compensation for Polanco
            #42-55 range - compensation for Lyon
            #42-55 range - compensation for Rodney

http://www.mymlbdraft.com/mlb-free-a...-a-and-type-b/

The "range" picks assume all type A/B free agents sign with a new team before the 2010 MLB draft. Of course, if some of them resign with their 2009 team, or if they do not sign at all, Detroit's sandwich picks will become even better.

Comment

Now who will close games for you guys?

Rodney was (sometimes as my memory serves me) a decent closer/bullpen guy.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                Now who will close games for you guys?

Rodney was (sometimes as my memory serves me) a decent closer/bullpen guy.
                It's looking like Perry, unless we sign someone...
                TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by speekeasy8 View Post
                  $5.5 per, plus a prospect drafted in the 42nd to 55th overall range.

With 5 picks in the top 55 overall, the table is set for a big draft by Detroit... let's hope they do not "Millen" it.

#19 - 1st round pick
                  #27 - from Philadelphia, compensation for Polanco
                  #33-41 range - compensation for Polanco
                  #42-55 range - compensation for Lyon
                  #42-55 range - compensation for Rodney

http://www.mymlbdraft.com/mlb-free-a...-a-and-type-b/

The "range" picks assume all type A/B free agents sign with a new team before the 2010 MLB draft. Of course, if some of them resign with their 2009 team, or if they do not sign at all, Detroit's sandwich picks will become even better.
                  Um, I could be wrong here, but I don't think we offered any of those guys arbitration, so I don't think we get any additional picks.

EDIT: Apparently we did offer Rodney arbitration. I'm not sure about Lyon, and I read earlier that Polanco was not offered.
                  Last edited by Hammer; 12-24-2009, 08:14 AM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Um, I could be wrong here, but I don't think we offered any of those guys arbitration, so I don't think we get any additional picks.

EDIT: Apparently we did offer Rodney arbitration. I'm not sure about Lyon, and I read earlier that Polanco was not offered.
                    You're right about Polanco... I completely forgot about that. ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
                      It's looking like Perry, unless we sign someone...
                      Closers are easier to find that you think. But great ones are difficult

This makes me appreciate Joe Nathan though
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Comerica Park Prison Blues...

and the radio is playing Johnny Cash... "I hear the train a comin..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                          Closers are easier to find that you think. But great ones are difficult

This makes me appreciate Joe Nathan though
                          I agree and I don't have to much faith in Perry since he's so young and inexperienced. I don't expect big things from the Tigers in 2010, but 2011 we should be in good shape.
                          TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Laird arrested after brawl in NBA arena

I'm guessing that Laird took a swing at someone and missed.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Laird arrested after brawl in NBA arena

I'm guessing that Laird took a swing at someone and missed.
                              ******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E0PIdWdw15U&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E0PIdWdw15U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
                              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

The Freep is reporting that the Tigers may have interest in 2B Orlando Hudson. Personally, that would be fine with me. We need a contingency plan in case Sizemore is not ready.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X