Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers, 2009, Part III: How long does it take for Leyland to screw this up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, 2009, Part III: How long does it take for Leyland to screw this up?

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Brandon Lyon to the Astros

For that deal, let him go.
    What an unbelievably DUMB contract. Drayton McClaine can never cry about bad contracts anymore after that.
    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

• Re: Detroit Tigers, 2009, Part III: How long does it take for Leyland to screw this up?

That's the great absurdity. The Astros don't want to spend money on good players, but they'll give a guy who is below average a 3/15 deal...a middle reliever!
      Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
        You're on, as long as I get to choose the brand.

I don't doubt that the pitching may carry them, even with an unknown potential arm versus a proven commodity like Jackson. But this team got carried by starting pitching this past season with a semi- competent, all or nothing lineup, and they still only managed to win... 85 games?
        You are acting like we traded away superstars. C'mon man, we didn't get a bunch of no name prospects back in this deal. Austin Jackson is the only guy that doesn't really have any MLB experience but he was the Yankees #1 prospect!
        TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
          You are acting like we traded away superstars. C'mon man, we didn't get a bunch of no name prospects back in this deal. Austin Jackson is the only guy that doesn't really have any MLB experience but he was the Yankees #1 prospect!
          You got Austin Jackson, not Jesus Montero.

Comment

C'mon Billy, with your track record of predictions, I should include you in that bet with Hammer, just so that I can get a real good drunk on.

Am I really out on a broken limb stating the Tigers will stink, like 69-93 bad?

That's a very realistic record, dropping 16 games more than last season, just like the Injuns did when they sold off their proven players.

Lyon is gone, so Perry will be in line for set up or, if gascan goes, he'll be the closer. Sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
              You got Austin Jackson, not Jesus Montero.
              I stand corrected. The top non-catcher in the Yankees organization...
              TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                C'mon Billy, with your track record of predictions, I should include you in that bet with Hammer, just so that I can get a real good drunk on.

Am I really out on a broken limb stating the Tigers will stink, like 69-93 bad?

That's a very realistic record, dropping 16 games more than last season, just like the Injuns did when they sold off their proven players.

Lyon is gone, so Perry will be in line for set up or, if gascan goes, he'll be the closer. Sweet!
                I'll take the bet. I am always going to be back in Metro Detroit around October for business. You can pay up then.

JJ Putz was working out yesterday here in Scottsdale and the Tigers had a scout there...
                TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Now the Tigers have serious interest in Scott Podsednick and Jermaine Dye.

Groan...
                  TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

I've heard about them being interested in Podsednik for a few days. They're going to need a Plan B in CF if one of the two kids (Wells or Jackson) aren't ready in early April.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I am also hearing that we have SERIOUS interest in Juan Pierre. He did okay last year in LA.

They want a pitcher, but none of the ones that the Tigers have offered. Dombrowski is trying to now trade Guillen to a team for a pitcher and then trade the pitcher to LA for Pierre.
                      TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

The only problem with that is, Pierre is owed more than Guillen over the next couple years.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Juan Pierre is awful. You want no part of him.

Comment

Now the Tigers have serious interest in Scott Podsednick and Jermaine Dye.

Groan...
                            That might be an addition by subtraction ... from other teams. I'm perfectly OK with them signing Dye and letting him play cards in the clubhouse for six months just so we don't have to pitch to the guy.
                            Originally posted by Jon
                            You call everything.

Comment

They're showing a film about the 1984 Padres on MLB Network now. They're about to get to the part where the Tigers curbstomped them in the Series.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I did not see the press conference, but did anybody ask and/or did DD surrender the information about whether or not the Tigers intend to try Coke out as a starter?

I believe --- Especially with the acquisition of Schlereth, the signing of Thomas, and the fact that Ni is still here --- That with the preponderance of lefty relievers and the dearth of lefty starters (Robertson and.........), as well as lingering rotation issues, that the Tigers should at least try it. If it doesn't work out, he can return to the bullpen. Not only that, but if he makes it even as a back-of-the-rotation starter then this trade got quite a bit better.

Did DD say anything about it, or is it pretty much cut and dried that he WILL be in the bullpen?
                                TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Working...
                                X