Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New/Rented Movies: Now In Smell-O-Rama!

War, Inc.

I like what it tried to do, but it was just over-the-top out there that it was distracting. I was impressed by Hilary Duff's acting . She did a great job. John Cusack is John Cusack of course, and Joan Cusack easily plays one scary beech. And Marisa Tomei's role.....well, anyone coulda played it. It was a standard support role, IMO.

Oh, and the ending was not only really stupid, it was so *ing predictable I wanted to vomit.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Yeah I hated that movie...a lot!
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Yeah I hated that movie...a lot!
        It coulda been so much more, especially with that cast. The basic idea was good, but they *ed it up rather badly.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Watching "I Am Legend" again. Dunno why I didn't mention this the first time I saw it, but major plot hole: how the *! does one not know who Bob Marley is?!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Watching "I Am Legend" again. Dunno why I didn't mention this the first time I saw it, but major plot hole: how the *! does one not know who Bob Marley is?!
            I liked that movie.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Shutter Island - I believe this one wasn't well liked. I paused it once he found the chick in the cave so I don't know the outcome, but so far I'm intrigued.
              Would have liked it more had my wife and I not figured it out. I was hoping I would be wrong because if they were going to throw a twist that was a pretty likely outcome.

Comment

Sanjuro:

Sequel to Yojimbo (although watching Yojimbo isn't really necessary to see this movie; you just understand the main character quite a bit more; they are separate stories). Loved it. Great action, plot development, and foreshadowing. The latter, the movie gives you clues that SOMEthing's coming, but you are left to wonder exactly what it is, rather than make it obvious, like in so many of today's movies.

Seriously, if you want to see some great classic movies, Akira Kurosawa's movies are top notch.

Comment

Just watched the Tim Burton Alice in Wonderland.

It was very average. Visually it was great, but I wasn't all that enthralled by the story.
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

It was very average. Visually it was great, but I wasn't all that enthralled by the story.
                    Had same opinion.
                    Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

You mean there was a tim burton movie starring depp that had an incredibly bland story but the visuals were great? I'm shocked I tell you. SHOCKED!
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        You mean there was a tim burton movie starring depp that had an incredibly bland story but the visuals were great? I'm shocked I tell you. SHOCKED!
                        You didn't like Corpse Bride I take it.
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          I thought Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was good, and even though I hate horror thought Sweeney Todd was really well done.
                          Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

You didn't like Corpse Bride I take it.
                            I haven't liked tim burton since nightmare before chirstmas and I've never really liked depp, ever.
                            Code:

Comment

Depp was great in A Nightmare on Elm Street.

I also enjoyed Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Edward Scissors Hands, etc.
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Not big on Burton except for Pee Wee's Big Adventure, but Depp is awesome. I really liked him in Donnie Brasco, for movies not mentioned yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X